shape
carat
color
clarity

Large semi mount search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ppitstop

Rough_Rock
I have recently bought a large emerald cut tourmaline and want to set the stone in a semi mount with / without diamonds on the side in white gold, but I can''t seem to find any large semi mounts anywhere. The stone measures 12 mm by 10mm and I was hoping for something modern - can anybody recommend any sites & as this is my first time on the site, I hope I''m making sense
4.gif
!!!!!!!

Thanks

Pitstop

As far as I know,

There are lots and lots of settings off the rack for engagement ring 'cause the "average" stone is very predictable (you know, it's mostly about rounds and about 1 carat !). Without such certainty about colored stones, the usual way is have a more or less custom-made setting put together for each stone.
7.gif

The least involved (and expensive) route involves using some pre-made parts that come off catalogs (check stuller.com to see what I mean). It's still up to the jeweler to present you the choices.

Beyond this "assembly shop" approach, there isn't much "pret a porter" - just tayloring. No dearth of options there.

There have been some stories beginning like yours around here and ending with a ring. The one started by Matata for the sake of a wonderful spinel begins on this thread LINK. You may want to take a look.

Hope the o.2 helps for straters
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP