shape
carat
color
clarity

Launching PS Preloved

@Ella, the website will be publicly accessible; anyone will be able to view a listing. Posting and messaging, however, will require a login. Every now and then, LT fills up with spam postings; we don't want that.

If I register as a PS trade member, will I be allowed to post in this forum about my own preloved pieces for sale?

It’s fine to require a login as long as anyone can buy or join, not just PS members. Otherwise effectively it is putting the onus again on Pricescope.

Regarding your status, no, you will be limited to the trade rules. They’re available at the bottom of every forum page under “forum policies”. Among other restrictions it also means you will not be able to post items for sale or post photos of your own items. That’s why we emailed you about it a while back, just so you would know before you put in all of the work. For some people they’ve moved to the trade without a problem, and for some people it significantly limits the way they use pricescope.

It’s fine to require a login as long as anyone can buy or join, not just PS members. Otherwise effectively it is putting the onus again on Pricescope.

Regarding your status, no, you will be limited to the trade rules. They’re available at the bottom of every forum page under “forum policies”. Among other restrictions it also means you will not be able to post items for sale or post photos of your own items. That’s why we emailed you about it a while back, just so you would know before you put in all of the work. For some people they’ve moved to the trade without a problem, and for some people it significantly limits the way they use pricescope.

I'll make sure that it's clear that there is no connection to Pricescope. (For one, I will change the name from PS Preloved, because that caused confusion for at least one person.) My first two registered users are non-PS members; they're testing the site with me.

I have read through the forum policies. I do have two questions.

1. If my site remains completely free to use, then I will not be considered a member of the trade, correct? That may be the way to go.

2. In regards to the below text (italics mine), would you please clarify how my posting for sale a preloved ring of my own, for example, and including a link to, say, a posting on LoupeTroop, would be promoting my own business? If my site is free — and I remain a regular, nontrade PS member — can I post a link to the listing on the site without running afoul of the policies?
  1. Trade members must not promote nor condemn other businesses (unless there are evidences of misconduct or illegal practices). This includes promoting your own business through posting of your own jewelry, except in specific moderator-approved threads.

Thank you, @Ella. I appreciate your help.

I'll make sure that it's clear that there is no connection to Pricescope. (For one, I will change the name from PS Preloved, because that caused confusion for at least one person.) My first two registered users are non-PS members; they're testing the site with me.

I have read through the forum policies. I do have two questions.

1. If my site remains completely free to use, then I will not be considered a member of the trade, correct? That may be the way to go.

2. In regards to the below text (italics mine), would you please clarify how my posting for sale a preloved ring of my own, for example, and including a link to, say, a posting on LoupeTroop, would be promoting my own business? If my site is free — and I remain a regular, nontrade PS member — can I post a link to the listing on the site without running afoul of the policies?
  1. Trade members must not promote nor condemn other businesses (unless there are evidences of misconduct or illegal practices). This includes promoting your own business through posting of your own jewelry, except in specific moderator-approved threads.

Thank you, @Ella. I appreciate your help.

If it’s entirely free and you receive no income— no donations, no ads, no selling data, no affiliate links, etc. you can remain non-trade. If you receive any money towards it or attempt to charge for it in some way, you would need to become trade. We appreciate you changing the name as well, it is confusing if that is what it was actually going to be called.

Would love to be a part of this. Always buying/selling rings . Thanks

@Redwoods-hiker-girl Is there a mechanism to make sure nobody registers for the new site under someone else’s PS username?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP