shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Here's a red one, a ruby cluster from the Morogoro area in Tanzania:
IMG_1180.jpg

It actually look less pink than that in person and is a rich, deep crimson that holds its colour in pretty much al lighting, which is unusual. My guess is the iPhone is picking up the fluorescence thus highlighting a fuschia tone.

100729.jpegOk here’s my newest— pink Burma Sapphire. DK did the pendant for me from an architectural element I love from Colonial Mexican architecture.

I think I recall the stone, but hadn't yet seen the pendant. Does the "inside" have recessed diamonds, and am I seeing darkened rhodium or is that just a shadow? This is lovely...

Here's a red one, a ruby cluster from the Morogoro area in Tanzania:
IMG_1180.jpg

It actually look less pink than that in person and is a rich, deep crimson that holds its colour in pretty much al lighting, which is unusual. My guess is the iPhone is picking up the fluorescence thus highlighting a fuschia tone.

When the color looks that good without the need for faceting or polishing... :eek2:

I think I recall the stone, but hadn't yet seen the pendant. Does the "inside" have recessed diamonds, and am I seeing darkened rhodium or is that just a shadow? This is lovely...

Thank you. I have not shown the stone before. It was in a hideous setting at an auction with a GIA lab report of Burma no heat. Yes. The inside. Has recessed diamonds because I wanted to copy the 3-d stone windows I used years ago when I had a house in Mexico. No rhodium, just DK’s photography.

I've shown this zircon before, but not on this thread.

I don't think anyone will ever tire of seeing it... repeats, especially one that handsome, are always welcome here!
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

Who wants to show us their YELLOW?

If there are no takers for yellow can I show my sister’s gold/yellow south sea pearl?

The things you have to give up when you have siblings. I really wanted this badly.

IMG_4093.jpeg

If there are no takers for yellow can I show my sister’s gold/yellow south sea pearl?

The things you have to give up when you have siblings. I really wanted this badly.

That most definitely counts! How badly I want a multi-colored tahitian strand. I just never have any $ leftover after buying and setting my gems. But one day! This is gorgeous.

GREEN is up!

IMG_3996.jpeg
Whimsical ‘fairy’s mansion in the sea of clouds” jadeite pendant.
I was charmed by the watery jadeite sea, but what took the cake were the jadeite and ruby trees, and the diamond door.
BLUE is next.

Whimsical ‘fairy’s mansion in the sea of clouds” jadeite pendant.
I was charmed by the watery jadeite sea, but what took the cake were the jadeite and ruby trees, and the diamond door.

You gravitate towards the most fantastically beautiful pieces, Crimson. This is something out of a far east dream. It tells such an enchanting story!

It's come back around to red, and I live my red spinels.17233040168948654834311617668414.jpg17233041235088218592493137598439.jpg17233041974762258739035477216581.jpg

Please someone post a yellow so I can do green!!! :D

OK, just for you...

This kite-shaped yellow sapphire:

I had it for years before I found a way to set it - with an orange-brown sapphire:
I've shown the ring before, but not on this thread, at least that I recall.

Now go for green...

My hero @Starstruck8!!!!!! I did not know you had a yellow sapphire!!!! So very sunny yellow!!! :kiss2: Must bail from crazy ideas!!!!!

Green! Don’t think I’ve shown her before in this thread. This one was an experiment to see how I felt about garnets.

IMG_2557.jpeg

A new blue one that turned up yesterday: corundum var. sapphire in feldspar matrix from
Pit No. 298, Ilmen Mountains, Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia:
IMG_1193.jpg

Purple/violet jadeite “Ruyi” (“as you wish” or sceptre) pendant.
It is carved both front and back.
IMG_4039.jpegIMG_4040.jpeg

Wow love the coloured halo @mellowyellowgirl, such a vibe!

I’ll play - baby sized Burmese red spinel!

IMG_5568.jpeg

Haha my sister calls it the Circus Ring

My son was all: Why are the colours all so random Ma? It looks like you just threw them on there!

Me: That was the point!

I love your stack! They stack together so seamlessly I had to look close up to see if it was one whole ring!

The current color is orange. I'll justify cheating a little since it has been a couple weeks since the last post. Only part of the stone is orange.

5mm no oil red beryl with a particularly strong orange streak across the center.
Any takers for yellow?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP