Attachments

• PXL_20240804_174548624.jpg
    PXL_20240804_174548624.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 17228122549804749349624931037380.jpg
    17228122549804749349624931037380.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 20
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds for reviving this thread
I can’t remember whether I’ve posted this before. Burma ruby in an old-fashioned ballerina setting – couldn’t resist either the unheated ruby or the setting!. .IMG_3972.jpeg

A dark purple umba garnet and two little purple-pink spinels. I don't know if I'll have them set or not because the garnet only looks good under the right lighting. I might try getting it recut, though I don't know if that will improve it or not.

Anyway, pink is up next!

1722967261165.jpeg
purple2.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds for reviving this thread
I can’t remember whether I’ve posted this before. Burma ruby in an old-fashioned ballerina setting – couldn’t resist either the unheated ruby or the setting!

Boy, you can tell that's Burmese from a mile away. The glow! :kiss2: I'd love to see more photos of this beauty, my friend.

Here’s an orange Tanzania zircon from Jeff Davies on a cloudy day and under LED lights at a restaurant. Change the resolution to 1080p to better see the dispersion :)

How I love orange zircon... and when it's well-cut like this one? Incredible!

Ok I'll do yellow...my teeny sapphire trillion =)2

Wow, really saturated color on him despite the more demure size. I've been trying to buy trillions since I noticed a triangular void in my collection. lol

She’s so bright @Eli22! You have to take the next green with your new neon stone!

This thing is blinding!! What a perfect verdant shade!! :eek2:

Here’s a moonstone for blue

You guys have been busy - I love it!! You have the most beautiful collection of blue flash moonstone, my friend. Wherever do you find them?

A dark purple umba garnet and two little purple-pink spinels. I don't know if I'll have them set or not because the garnet only looks good under the right lighting. I might try getting it recut, though I don't know if that will improve it or not.

Have you shared this juicy grape garnet previously? It looks HUGE! I need deets.

Rhodolite Garnet in a CVB setting. I LOVE it!! Im posting Caysie’s pic bc mine are horrible…

Oh hello! What a job they did setting this stone!! The two-tone mounting, the milgrain detail, the way they followed the unique shape of the stone. This is a winner.

This is fun!

Here’s mine. Ruby and split pearl, early Victorian (1830-1840s). Very very red.

These guys are as neon as I've ever seen in ruby... absolutely stunning! What is the gold karatage? It looks like 22k. So rich and warm.

I'll take orange this round (3ct. spess). YELLOW plays next!

image.aspx.jpg

This thing is blinding!! What a perfect verdant shade!! :eek2:

You guys have been busy - I love it!! You have the most beautiful collection of blue flash moonstone, my friend. Wherever do you find them?

I got that one from Tandi on IG. The capsule shaped one in the spinel ring was from Ed Bristol at Wild Fish Gems, and my huge one was from the clasp of a pearl necklace I got from EBTH. Thanks for the compliment! It has taken a while to find good ones.

Attachments

• IMG_8660.jpeg
    IMG_8660.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8556.jpeg
    IMG_8556.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 5
For some reason I’ve never collected yellow gems, so this is as close as I can get—a chrysoberyl and the ducks my DH brought home as a surprise!

Attachments

• IMG_8774.jpeg
    IMG_8774.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8549.jpeg
    IMG_8549.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 11
Nice to see this thread active again.

Here's my blue contribution - spinel in marble with graphite from an unknown deposit in Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan:
IMG_1161.jpgIMG_1160.jpg

The crystals colour shift too, from a deep sky blue in daylight to a more sodalite blue in artificial light indoors. They go a deep wine red through a Chelsea filter.

For some reason I’ve never collected yellow gems, so this is as close as I can get—a chrysoberyl and the ducks my DH brought home as a surprise!

Sweet babies... and the chrysoberyl definitely counts!! Highlighter yellow... it took me years to find one. Yours is lovely!

Ok I’m going GREEN :mrgreen:

My latest emerald baby on a hike

You have such an eye for emeralds... I can't imagine the color being any better. But your newest addition is my favorite. It's positively sublime. :eek2:

Nice to see this thread active again.

Here's my blue contribution - spinel in marble with graphite from an unknown deposit in Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan:

The crystals colour shift too, from a deep sky blue in daylight to a more sodalite blue in artificial light indoors. They go a deep wine red through a Chelsea filter.

I was just going to say the color reminds me of sodalite (but better)! I love seeing crystals and raw specimens on this thread. Keep 'em coming.

My purple spinel! Setting by DK

I'll never tire of seeing this beautiful aubergine bauble. I remember when she was just a wee twinkle in your eye. lol

PINK is next! @CBianco Surely you have something new and spectacular for us... :lol-2:

Sweet babies... and the chrysoberyl definitely counts!! Highlighter yellow... it took me years to find one. Yours is lovely!

You have such an eye for emeralds... I can't imagine the color being any better. But your newest addition is my favorite. It's positively sublime. :eek2:

Thanks! That is exactly how I think of it…highlighter yellow.

I was just going to say the color reminds me of sodalite (but better)! I love seeing crystals and raw specimens on this thread. Keep 'em coming.

I'll never tire of seeing this beautiful aubergine bauble. I remember when she was just a wee twinkle in your eye. lol

PINK is next! @CBianco Surely you have something new and spectacular for us... :lol-2:

Whelp looks like I was beaten to it, what's after pink?:lol-2:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP