shape
carat
color
clarity

Loupe Troop is down 01 July 2024 - would anyone know for how long please?

So excited for the new site to be up and running. I haven't purchased or sold on LT, but I looked at that site almost daily. It was part of my morning ritual and I basically gave up hope of it returning. I wish they had said something or at least change the BRB page to closed. They'd had many periods of BRB and have always come back, but clearly this time is different.

Wow, thank you @Redwoods-hiker-girl!! I need to sell a champagne diamond among other things and it's been a pain to find any platform that is worthy.

What is the website ? When I type PSpreloved nothing comes up .

Hi, everyone -- massive family emergency last week pulled me out of state and way off track, but I'm back home and will get the site finalized this weekend.

:wall:

I hope all is well and nothing too serious!

DK :wavey:

Hi, everyone -- massive family emergency last week pulled me out of state and way off track, but I'm back home and will get the site finalized this weekend.

:wall:

Sorry for the family emergency and hope all is better now. LT is IMHO the best site to buy preloved and thank you for all your hard work.

@Redwoods-hiker-girl I am still catching up on the thread, but I am happy to help too (free, of course!) . I have some design and web background and training. I also worked in Wordpress.

As far as feedback as a user, I would be all too happy to pay a few dollars to keep the site "in the family" and discourage SPAM.

Hope things are good with you.

Last edited:
I've just read this whole thread after obsessively checking the DB & LT sites for the last month hoping they'd come back. (Argh!! So frustrating! I have stuff to sell.) I have a busy Etsy jewelry shop, but don't want to sell preloved things there, technically you can't unless they are vintage - you can only sell new items, vintage items or supplies there. So reselling my 3 year old ring/earrings, etc don't fit into that category. Lol. Not to mention seller protection tops at $250. I've had success selling Moissanite jewelry on Reddit, but selling anything higher ticket worries me. Too many scammers. Even with DB, in the last year, I'd get a few nibbles on my listings but many seemed like scammers. They were so interested, had a bunch of questions and then disappeared. So weird.

For peace of mind, I'd pay a fee to list/buy off a site. Frankly, I always wondered how DB and LT survived - I know there were ads, but who was actually clicking on them?

This is great news! Every now and then I check pre-loved here or LT, and I had noticed LT has been down for an extended period of time. LT was frustrating to me with all the vendors posting pages of colored stones, etc. on there. I LOVE the idea of a site only for PS members. I like buying and selling from/to known members here.

I've bookmarked the new site, and cannot wait till it's up and running! I've purchased several times on LT and am so happy to have a shopping site back soon that has great stuff from PSers! Thanks, @Redwoods-hiker-girl !!!!

Is it ready?

Hi Everyone,

LoupeTroop admin here. I am SO SO Sorry about the site being down. I typically have error handling and when it broke this time I was not notified. I ask if the site goes down EVER you just shoot me an email at [email protected] -- I will fix it right away.

I keep LT running for the lovely community that is here and on LT, it really serves no other financial purpose to me. I hope I can earn your trust back, and LT remains the vibrant community it has been for the last 10+ years. I always love periodically browsing the wonderful listings we have.

Hi Everyone,

LoupeTroop admin here. I am SO SO Sorry about the site being down. I typically have error handling and when it broke this time I was not notified. I ask if the site goes down EVER you just shoot me an email at [email protected] -- I will fix it right away.

I keep LT running for the lovely community that is here and on LT, it really serves no other financial purpose to me. I hope I can earn your trust back, and LT remains the vibrant community it has been for the last 10+ years. I always love periodically browsing the wonderful listings we have.
Thank you for all you do to keep it going.

It’s back for me :dance:
Thank you so much @mikewhyatt appreciate it!!

Hey it’s baaaaack! <3

ETA: everyone save this before it’s gone, you know it’s gonna happen :lol:

Hi Everyone,

Oh my gosh loupetroop will be back?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much!

Woohoo! I bet you'll have quite a few people noting your email address incase it goes down again.

Grabbing some popcorn to wait for the probable onslaught of listings going up weeee!

@mikewhyatt I have no idea if you’re a PS member by another handle, but THANK YOU for providing this community with a safe space to rehome our sparkles for so many years. LT is a gem unto itself. I know managing a platform like that is difficult and time-consuming, and to do so without asking anything from us in return is a sacrifice we see and appreciate.

Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results