shape
carat
color
clarity

Loupe Troop is down 01 July 2024 - would anyone know for how long please?

Even with LT down, today we were able to purchase a beautiful 1.68 carat Madagascar sapphire through the preloved forum. Grateful to have this resource and for everyone's efforts and time to create a forum to buy and sell from trusted members.

"Today" is quickly winding down, isn't it? Time sure flies ... :confused: My better half and I are testing the site (invites, signups, privacy controls, links, photos). Couple of weirdnesses with signups, so I think it's better to launch tomorrow. (BTW, @Avondale, I don't know how to get in touch with you outside of PS.)

Stay tuned, and thanks for bearing with me!

Thanks for the update and please take your time as it is better to be right first time.

DK :))

Thank you for doing this. I have bought and sold many things on Loupe Troop over the years.

Coming Wednesday: pspreloved.com

I'll be testing and retesting until then. (It's not easy being a perfectionist!) Thank you all for your patience! =)

Just to confirm, did you see what I wanted to show you?

I'll be testing and retesting until then. (It's not easy being a perfectionist!) Thank you all for your patience! =)

Yup, indeed!

Luckily for me, I am a selective perfectionist, for example, I am not very good at being tidy! :lol-2:

Can't wait, and THANK YOU and @Avondale too!

DK :))

Thank you soooo very much for doing this!

Many thanks @Redwoods-hiker-girl ! I second the previous suggestions of collecting a fee to use it. That may also cut down on any spam listers. Again, appreciate you!!

Popped in for update, popped out, shall pop back in later!

DK :lol-2:

Thank you @Redwoods-hiker-girl !

I'm mostly a lurker here but I've been missing LT sorely, I was planning on using it to source components for a project for my mother's birthday this fall and it feels like it's never gonna be back.

So glad to have an option soon.

Agreed! Mostly a lurker but I've bought a couple pieces from other PSers and it'll be great to get a new avenue for purchases!

I have bought and sold a few things on LT and I had my eye on a ring recently but the site went down before I could enquire about it. I'm really grateful that @Redwoods-hiker-girl is working on this for us :kiss2:

ETA - I would also be happy to pay a fee

I was not advertising or posting a specific instagram account. I was just saying that this is something that I would be capable of doing if there was a desire from the community for such a page on instagram.

Yes please!! I have so much to sell!!

You are right the 1099-k is a federal form for federal income tax filing. But you also file state income with this form, same like your W2. Certain states (it's now 10) require that this form gets issued at much smaller treshholds. (the $600).

Since only one 1099k is issued and not a special one for my state I have no way of differentiating the amounts and I have to file 1099k for both my federal and state taxes.
But I only need to do that if I have a profit. So the 1099 in itself is meaningless because it does not include my cost basis plus other expenses like shipping, website fees etc. But I am on the radar of the IRS because they now have a copy of my 1099k and they know I do these types of sales.
But they also see who issued this form and I assume they will not come after us when it's from ebay etc and the amounts not super high. But if it's from Uber for instance these filers better show that as their income. I assume when we all have the $600 treshhold they will look closer at our transactions to get their share of taxes. So save your receipts.

It gets even more complicated with Paypal, Venmo etc. These payment providers do all kids of transactions for sales of real goods but also just sending money to your friends after a dinner. So every time we use PP F&F on here we commit a tax crime because these transactions don't get counted towards your 1099K income. Paypal tries to discourage this by saying it's against their rules and you lose all purchase protections if things go wrong.

Your point about the states like FL and Texas is interesting. But it just means they don't need to pay state tax on their income. They will still get a 1099k or maybe 1099misc.

Talking to a tax accountant is always good but they are very expensive and I will try to figure it out on my own first. ;-) Thank you for reading til the end. ;-)

But there's also confusion when you are selling a personal item. I am not a business, I am an individual, selling a personally owned item , at or (usually) below my original cost. Paying tax on that is not required. That's like selling a used bike at your garage sale- not reportable business income. Even if you get a 1099, you can argue this point with the IRS if you've got the receipts.

But there's also confusion when you are selling a personal item. I am not a business, I am an individual, selling a personally owned item , at or (usually) below my original cost. Paying tax on that is not required. That's like selling a used bike at your garage sale- not reportable business income. Even if you get a 1099, you can argue this point with the IRS if you've got the receipts.

That is correct and I mentioned this. You only need to pay taxes when you make a profit on your sale. But you have to proof it when audited with receipts, appraisals etc. You can also deduct all your sales cost like payment fees, shipping costs, packaging, trip to the post office etc to lower you profit if you have any. And you need to keep receipts for that too. It would be actually better to do that as a business because than you could offset it with losses. As an occasional seller you can not do that. It kinda sucks that we get hammered like that....

Can I post pictures on the preloved forum and just give my email address? Is that allowed?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results