shape
carat
color
clarity

Massive gem and pearl haul!

Lentibulariaceae

Rough_Rock
Trade
I had the great fortune of attending a once-in-a-lifetime event this lovely weekend. A local small jeweler had purchased many, many, gemstones and pearls with the intent to make jewelry out of them, but retired and moved to Panama before she got around to using them all.
They were passed over to a friend of hers to sell, but really, how do you sell so many gems?

Let the public at them.
Each bag, $10. Regardless of what was inside. Come in, grab as many or as few as you’d like, go ham.
And of course, I chose the ham option.

IMG_0553.jpeg
IMG_0554.jpeg
IMG_0555.jpeg
These pearls, all of them, were $10. Sure, plenty are somewhat damaged and a small bunch were obviously dyed, but seriously. And plenty also have lovely nacre and will make perfect centerpieces in future projects! (Yes I know I’m storing them like a heathen, I don’t have enough room to store them separately.)

A trio of very interesting supposed keshi pearls and a couple pairs and a single supposed akoya pearls. Regardless of what they truly are, they’re lovely.
IMG_0557.jpeg

And on to the gemstones! Everything was in big sorted bins. I focused on the opal bin, due to how expensive Australian imports are where I live. I managed to find two sets six of Coober Pedy opal cabs and one set of lighting ridge, as well as three contra luz opals, one hyalite opal, and a particularly nice Ethiopian opal. I also found a set of ammolites and a very strangely cut sunstone, as well as a “peacock” tanzanite (who staunchly refuses to look nice in photographs) and a nice moonstone.
IMG_0556.jpeg

Better images of the ammolites and sunstone!
IMG_0558.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg

All of this cost around $200. Truly a unique experience and lovely time!

I had the great fortune of attending a once-in-a-lifetime event this lovely weekend. A local small jeweler had purchased many, many, gemstones and pearls with the intent to make jewelry out of them, but retired and moved to Panama before she got around to using them all.
They were passed over to a friend of hers to sell, but really, how do you sell so many gems?

Let the public at them.
Each bag, $10. Regardless of what was inside. Come in, grab as many or as few as you’d like, go ham.
And of course, I chose the ham option.

IMG_0553.jpeg
IMG_0554.jpeg
IMG_0555.jpeg
These pearls, all of them, were $10. Sure, plenty are somewhat damaged and a small bunch were obviously dyed, but seriously. And plenty also have lovely nacre and will make perfect centerpieces in future projects! (Yes I know I’m storing them like a heathen, I don’t have enough room to store them separately.)

A trio of very interesting supposed keshi pearls and a couple pairs and a single supposed akoya pearls. Regardless of what they truly are, they’re lovely.
IMG_0557.jpeg

And on to the gemstones! Everything was in big sorted bins. I focused on the opal bin, due to how expensive Australian imports are where I live. I managed to find two sets six of Coober Pedy opal cabs and one set of lighting ridge, as well as three contra luz opals, one hyalite opal, and a particularly nice Ethiopian opal. I also found a set of ammolites and a very strangely cut sunstone, as well as a “peacock” tanzanite (who staunchly refuses to look nice in photographs) and a nice moonstone.
IMG_0556.jpeg

Better images of the ammolites and sunstone!
IMG_0558.jpeg
IMG_0560.jpeg

All of this cost around $200. Truly a unique experience and lovely time!

Nice gem haul! So much fun:)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP