color
clarity

Most Memorable Movie Scene?

My favorites,

The shower scene in Pycho
When Harry Met Sally “I’ll have what she’s having” scene
The Wizard of Oz “There’s no place like home” scene
The opening scene from The Sound of Music

... also from that 1980 classic, 'Airplane'.

Some context for our younger members ...
From 1957 to 1961 the second actress, Barbara Billingsly, played the part of June Cleaver the quintessential suburban American TV mom (white & blond of course) who knew her place, in the wholesome saccharine sweet TV series 'Leave it to Beaver'.
d.jpg

Naturally June's house was always perfect. June was what mom's are were supposed to be, always camera-ready in flawless makeup, flawless hair, freshly-ironed fashionable cotton dress, and pumps & pearls as she joyfully vacuumed the happy carpet and put the happy meat loaf in the oven, perfectly timed to be ready when happy dad got home. :roll:
June Cleaver could even make J.D. Vance proud.

To a 1980 audience she was the last white person in the world they'd expect to "speak Jive". LOL
Filmmakers wouldn't touch this scene today. :nono:

Last edited:
For something a little different.
The best movie starring a rifle as the main star.

More :lol-2: from June Cleaver.

“Little Big Man” - Faye Dunaway and the bath scene with Dustin Hoffman. Lots of other scenes too. Great movie.

The scene in Roman Holiday at Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth) is one of my favourites. It was not in the script, it was a prank by Gregory Peck on Audrey Hepburn and it worked so well they decided to keep it in the final cut.

Another one that was improvised was the scene in Pretty Woman when Richard Gere was showing Julia Roberts already dressed in her red ballgown the ruby necklace in a box, for him to prank her by snapping the opened box onto her hand when she tried to touch the necklace.

This one makes me cry to this day when I watch E.T. The Extra-terrestrial: when Elliot was saying goodbye to E.T. thinking he was dead, so sad and moving. Then his heart started to glow as his mother ship was coming to get him, and the boy was overjoyed to see E.T. being alive!

Gone With The Wind: Burning of Atlanta - I was fortunate to watch a special celebratory screening of this film on a big screen some years ago when it celebrated its 40th Anniversary.

The original Superman with Christopher Reeve - the scene at the end when he flied in space above the Earth towards the camera and beamed a smile that melted my heart. He was and will forever be my Superman.

Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home, my favourite, the scene about the use of "colourful metaphors". I use that in my e-mails sometimes: <<<insert a colourful metaphor>>> when I want to swear about something that bothers me!

Just to name a few.

DK :lol-2:

The scene in Roman Holiday at Bocca della Verita (Mouth of Truth) is one of my favourites. It was not in the script, it was a prank by Gregory Peck on Audrey Hepburn and it worked so well they decided to keep it in the final cut.

Had to look that one up!
LOL

There are a bunch of scenes in Zero Dark Thirty that are memorable. The one noted above has James Gandolfini in it and is approximately a year before he died. He plays the head of the CIA in the movie. And in this scene he’s trying to get the probability from his team on whether OBL is in the Pakistani compound.

Another memorable scene from ZDT is also with JG and Jessica Chastain when he joins her while she’s eating lunch.

I really loved the acting in this movie.

Don’t want to lower the tone, my husband & I love Pulp Fiction and there’s many scenes in the film that are classic. One of our favourites (warning, language isn’t great):-

Last edited:
Most memorable scene for me was John Coffey’s execution in The Green Mile. No matter how many times I’ve seen the film, I always hope the ending will be different, and I always bawl my eyes out.

When the college kid guesses "Couple of wavy lines" in (the original) Ghostbusters. Well, that and "Back off man. I'm a scientist."

And, as the only person in the world who loved 6 Underground, I nominate the scene where the new recruit, upon learning that his code name will be Seven, asks, "So... there are seven of us...?" and is told, "No. Six."

And, since I just watched this while working out, in the clever but fluffy Edge of Tomorrow, when the Tom Cruise character (playing, of course, a "Tom Cruise character") is pitched an insane plan and slowly backs away from the group and toward the exit saying, "First of all: this is a terrific presentation. Terrific..." I really want to work that into a Teams meeting somehow...

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP