shape
carat
color
clarity

My Amsale Dress! With Pictures Of Me In It!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Looks great, great find!
36.gif

Oh, thing! You are gorgeous! It''s perfect, really perfect! I love it!

Thing2, you look awesome! That dress was definitely made for you
36.gif

OOOOH! I love that dress on you! Everything, the pale pink the shortened front. Amazing. I would definatley shorten the front more.

When I sketched out my original idea for my almost custom wedding dress it had pockets. I love pockets...all my vintage dresses have them and they are so usefull.

You look beautiful Thing!! Lovely!

I''m sure you haven''t let Mr. Hunky-Dude see it yet?
31.gif

You know, I don''t know that I ever tried on a wedding dress. For my first marriage, my mom, the sempstess of surpassing skill, made my dress - a full-skirted tea-length number in blush waterfall taffeta, with a sweetheart neckline, huge 3/4 length puffed sleeves, fitted bodice with hand-appliqued lace and beads, and decorated at the shoulder and back waist (dropped) with handmade taffeta roses. And all seams finished and the whole thing lined in fine cotton batiste. For the second, the dress was almost an afterthought and I bought it off the rack. Different priorities I guess. One marriage was a bust, the other was meant to be. But hey, each one had a KICKIN'' parTAY!

But enough of that, I''m sure we all want to see more!!
36.gif

Thanks Sarah, Holly, pocahontas, emeraldlover and Karen!

Karen, I definitely haven''t shown it to Mr. Hunky-Dude!
3.gif
Hahaha-love his new nickname! And wow, your first wedding dress sounds seriously AMAZING! I can''t believe your mom could sew that well-that''s awesome! Something tells me you can definitely throw down at a parTAY! I plan to have a crazy good party myself!

Wow! That looks great on you! Congrats on finding the dress!
36.gif

Thing, I always thought you looked like a fashion model; oh la la! Fabulous, the dress is perfection!!!!
9.gif
I would hem it up a tiny bit, can you post pics of it pinned in the front so we get an idea? Looks fab for sure
36.gif

Thanks kata and Skippy! Skippy, the dress is at my parent''s house right now but I will definitely post more pics once I go to my first fitting!

I really can''t wait to see more pictures. Absolutely stunning!

HI:

Gorgeous dress!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

I''m late but I just wanted to say that that dress is GORGEOUS and you look stunning it it. It is positively perfect, and timeless!
I would definitely hem it like the model. I bet it will look better on you than it does on her!!!

Thank you princesss, canuk and lucky! I wish I could go visit it right now!
3.gif

I am pretty much positive I''ll still love it in 6 months when I get married, which was a concern of mine because I usually get over stuff pretty quickly! OMG...I think I just realized I''m getting married in 6 months-I kind of thought it was 7 months! Hahaha!
23.gif

WOW. That dress is TDF!!! I love every single thing about it, and you look absolutely perfect in it! So unique and gorgeous!!!

I hope you feel as great as you look in it!

omg...you are pretty in pink! i have never seen that shade of wedding gown, but it looks great on you! amsale dresses are so modern and elegant. congrats!

I don''t post much on BWW, but couldn''t resist.

That dress is just simply amazing on you.
30.gif
And pockets! How cool that it has pockets. And yes, you have to shorten it, I loved the dress on you but the short front is stunning.

Okay big compliment- that dress makes me want to get married again so I can wear a dress like that.

Wow! Enjoy it!

I LOVE that dress!

Wow, thanks alli, aggie, ChinaCat and Diamante! I''m glad you all love it as much as I do!

This thread is good for my self-esteem!
3.gif

Thing2of2,

I love Amsale. I love the pockets (it always makes me smile when I see them) and the color is incredible on you. You look gorgeous in it! As for the length, personally, I like it hemmed down (as in long) rather then up like the girl. I find it looks more fluid like that. It looks like a fairy tail dress to me!

Date: 1/14/2009 7:42:25 PM
Author: allycat0303
Thing2of2,

I love Amsale. I love the pockets (it always makes me smile when I see them) and the color is incredible on you. You look gorgeous in it! As for the length, personally, I like it hemmed down (as in long) rather then up like the girl. I find it looks more fluid like that. It looks like a fairy tail dress to me!

Thanks ally! Amsale is my favorite and I can''t believe I actually got one! They''re so expensive and I just never thought I''d find one half off so I pretty much wrote off getting one! I''m getting all excited looking at my pictures again! (Saying that makes me feel really narcissistic but I guess since it''s my wedding dress I can say that!)

I''ll have to have the seamstress pin it up for me to compare and decide on the hem. I''m glad you like the hem as is-I actually didn''t think it looked weird in real life and I didn''t think I''d hem it, but in the pictures it makes me look kind of stumpy and I''m tallish! I''m 5''8" and I have longer legs and not really a long torso! But I definitely want it to look good in my wedding pictures, so I''ll have to see how it is shorter.

Darnit, see what happens when you disappear for a while? You miss all the good stuff! Shame on you for not telling me this thread was here!

I love the dress!! And you have the cutest smile, and shoulders, and arms...so, you and I are getting married too right? Hahaha. I think you''re trying to give Michelle O a run for her money.
2.gif

Oh my gosh - STUNNING! Of course it doesn''t hurt that you have a model''s body and would terrific in a potato sack (but this dress is much better!) Thing, you are going to BEE-YOU-tiful bride
1.gif

Aw, thanks Moon and Maggie! You are both too good to me!
5.gif

And I totally meant to tell you before, Moon-sorry! I don''t know about giving Michelle a run for her money...but I wouldn''t mind spending a little time with Barack!
31.gif

And of course we''re getting married-you, me, Karen and now Wishful, right?
3.gif

Thing2 it is just perfect! Absolutely stunningly beautiful!
You will be a gorgeous bride!

36.gif

ah!! i freaking LOVE this dress! it''s amazing. you look stunning in it! LOVE the lil'' bit o'' color! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pockets! congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

I''m not sure how many times I can post this without it becoming obnoxious but...

30.gif
30.gif
You still look good in it.
2.gif

Also, I had no idea your wedding was in 6 months! I don''t think I''ve ever seen you mention the date or other planning details. I should go find some threads... lady where are you getting married? Colors? Am I simply insane for not knowing?!?!

Thanks iluvcarats and mommy2iz! You guys are all getting me all excited about my dress again...I kind of forgot how much I love it since it''s at my parents'' house!

Date: 1/26/2009 9:34:35 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
I'm not sure how many times I can post this without it becoming obnoxious but...

30.gif
30.gif
You still look good in it.
2.gif

Also, I had no idea your wedding was in 6 months! I don't think I've ever seen you mention the date or other planning details. I should go find some threads... lady where are you getting married? Colors? Am I simply insane for not knowing?!?!

There's no such thing as too many compliments, Wishful!
3.gif
And thank you friend!

Yes, I am getting married in SIX MONTHS! ACK! I have to run to soccer but I'll tell you what little I've done for it when I get back! And you haven't missed any threads because there haven't been any! I'm not a very good bride!
12.gif

ETA the date is 7/11!

Well good then. Expect many more to come.

I went back and stalked your past threads and all I could find was that damn date! 7/11. Of course the first thing I think of is the gas station/convenient store with that name... do you have that near you? Then I started imagining your colors as bright green and orange, which I think are the colors the store uses. So clearly I need your help filling in the REAL details of this thing! You have great taste and I am totally looking forward to hearing all about it. Have fun at soccer!
9.gif

PS: You are a great bride. I think you spend your time on PS very productively!
31.gif

Date: 1/26/2009 10:47:48 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Well good then. Expect many more to come.

I went back and stalked your past threads and all I could find was that damn date! 7/11. Of course the first thing I think of is the gas station/convenient store with that name... do you have that near you? Then I started imagining your colors as bright green and orange, which I think are the colors the store uses. So clearly I need your help filling in the REAL details of this thing! You have great taste and I am totally looking forward to hearing all about it. Have fun at soccer!
9.gif

PS: You are a great bride. I think you spend your time on PS very productively!
31.gif

Ha! Actually, all we''re serving at the reception are Slurpees, Big Bites and doughnuts in honor of my fave convenience store! Yes, we have TONS of 7-11s around me. There are 4 in a 1 or 2 mile radius, I swear!

But seriously, I think for our save the dates we''re going to take a picture in front of a 7-11 sign and make a card out of it! (My genius idea, as a matter of fact!) And I''m going to be drinking a Slurpee and my fiance is going to be pretending to eat a Big Bite hot dog. (Because if he actually ate one he''d probably get food poisoning!)

Here''s a photo of the place we''re having the reception and probably the ceremony. It''s in a converted tobacco warehouse that now houses a museum and ballroom. I''m still trying to decide if I want to have the ceremony at a separate place...if I do it will be at a historic theater. BUT since it''s a theater there''s no center aisle so I just can''t decide!

P.S. I think I use my PS time productively, too!
11.gif

receptionspotasfasd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results