shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT my antique diamond/sapphire engagement ring!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
another one of the basket

frenchbluebasketside2.JPG

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:41:00 PM
Author: lulu
I''ve only posted once before,several years ago. But I have to tell you that when I saw your ring I actually gasped. It''s beautiful and I love the band!

Congratulations!

THANK YOU lulu! i gasped when i saw it too!
9.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love your e-ring!! My setting is from Fay Cullen, too, and I absolutely adore it. I like the band with it!

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
I love love your e-ring!!! it''s so unique!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set!! I think the band looks great with the ering. I love the design of the ering. It is so unique and the fine details are gorgeous! So pretty! I
30.gif
30.gif
it!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I love your e-ring and what a creative band! They look great together.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that band with your beautiful ring!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!! Just beautiful! I really like the band you picked out! Looks good!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!!!! It''s beautiful.
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh wow, I love your wedding set! I think the band you have chosen really makes a nice match. Congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE your ering, it''s soooo pretty. The band goes perfetly with it. You have one WOW of a wedding set.
30.gif
30.gif

My SIL lost her OEC, and I used Fay Cullen to replace it. Must say, they were great to work with.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
wow! i think both rings are just beautiful! many congrats to you!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful!!
30.gif
Congratulations!

haha on the Potter book.
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your e-ring is AMAZING! And I must say the wedding ring you picked out looks perfect with it!!! Congratulations!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow -- look at that! Congratulations. I looks amazing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:42:05 AM
Author: frenchblue
handshot and some fire!
Wow, it looks so gorgeous on your hand.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love it!!!
30.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
It''s delightful! It just seems so HAPPY!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is gorgeous and matches perfectly with your name! I prefer the ring without the band, not because it doesn''t match but because I think it detracts from the beauty of the ring alone. Either way, wonderful find!

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
It''s very unique, I love it!

lil425

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely beautiful engagement ring! The wedding band is exquisite also! Wear them both in good health

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
WOW you guys! i am just reveling in the ring-love going on here. although i think my questions might be getting missed because everyone is (totally understandably!) skipping right to the diamond ****. i''ll post some pics with my questions...

here''s one where you can see the table:

frenchbluetablelight.JPG

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE!

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
so, questions:

1) how do you feel about a white gold ring next to a platinum one? color difference annoy you?
2) will the curvy band create MORE wear at the three points it''s touching on the basket than the wear a custom shadow band would create? or is it negligible in both cases?

i like this pic because it looks like my dog is going to eat the ring (she''s blind though, so she doesn''t even know it''s there...)

frenchbluedogeatring.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s just amazing. I adore it!!! Congrats on picking such an absolutely amazing peice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the e-ring is just beautiful!!! However, I wil tell you honestly that I think that wedding band takes away from the e-ring. I think I''d try a thin straight diamond band or get a wider diamond band like you mentioned earlier and wear the e-ring on your other hand.

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with your ring! It is absolutely breathtaking
30.gif

I''m sorry because I don''t have answers to your questions, but I still wanted to tell you just how much I adore your ring- I hope you don''t mind!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no and no to your Q''s. (it doesn''t bother me wg + plat, and I don''t think the wear/tear is an issue) - can I see profile ring and WB - how does it hit the back of the ring?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the set, I think they''re perfect together!
30.gif
I''m a huge fan of both diamond and sapphire rings *and* curved wedding bands. I don''t like the look of a beautiful curvy ring like that with a straight band, it wouldn''t be fluid, and there would be a gap. I also think you''re right on about maybe getting a straight anniversary ring later on to wear instead of the set some days. Very versatile! As for rubbing, you''ll have to see and keep an eye on it although I don''t think it will be an issue in the short term at all. I''ve heard of platinum wearing on white gold, but it looks like your set has minimal contact. Gorgeous set!!!
1.gif

SoontobeMrsB

Rough_Rock
30.gif
FrenchBlue, I love your ring! I saw it on Fay Cullen''s sight and loved it. My ring is from there as well, they do such beautiful work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results