shape
carat
color
clarity

My Aqua from Wink and Richard

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SirLukky

Rough_Rock
I hope this post works...the last two didn''t show up for some reason. So, if I triple post, please overlook it as a lack of bulletin board savvy on my part.

I''ve been a lurker on these boards for quite some time and haven''t posted a thread until today. I just wanted to express how pleased I am with the work of Wink Jones and Richard Homer. They created an absolutely lovely oval, aquamarine engagment ring for my lady. The color and cut of the stone are phenomenal! I had it mounted on a simple, 6-prong white gold mount. It''s beautiful. When I gave the ring to her, I had the toughest time trying to convince my girl that it actually was an aqua and not a London blue topaz! She adores the ring, and couldn''t be more pleased. If you have any hesitations about working with Wink and Richard, know that my experience with them has been wonderful. I hope to save up some money every now and again to purchase more treats from them in the future.

Though it''s a bit off topic, the proposal itself was quite fun. My lady loves the color blue (hence getting her an aqua), so I created a special holliday for her, "Blue Day". On Blue Day, I buy her a number of blue gifts, flowers, etc... It''s nothing complex, just a fun and lighthearted way to celebrate our relationship. At the end of Blue Day, I gave her the ring, making this Blue Day the best one in recent memory. I don''t have a picture of the completed ring at the moment (my digital camera isn''t nice enough to create a clear picture that does the ring justice), so I''ll post a photo of the stone itself. Thanks again guys!
Luke

untitled2.bmp

Awesome!!!

Please be sure to post a pic of the finished ring. Believe me, people will ask her more about that stone and ring than any of her friends' diamonds.

Congratulations SirLukky!!
appl.gif

Great story - thanks for sharing!
9.gif
& what a strikingly beautiful acquam - WOW! I'd luv to see it mounted if you get a clear shot eventually.....?
love.gif
Very nicely done!!

HI:

Such beauty in a contained "blue " surface--this is the exact place for it! Well done--I am happy she is well pleased, as we are too.
1.gif

cheers

Sharon

Beautiful stone SirLukky. Richard does wonderful work ... I was really happy with the way he recut me stone too.

Wow! That's some Aqua. They are so beautiful to begin with and this cut is just incredible. Congrats!
1.gif

----------------
On 10/22/2004 7:53:51 PM SirLukky wrote:

My lady loves the color blue (hence getting her an aqua), so I created a special holliday for her, 'Blue Day'.

----------------

9.gif
Do you have copyright on the "blue day" anyversary? 'Cause if you don't I am going to ask for one.

Congratulations for the wonderful BLUE aqua
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP