shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Custom HPD "Symphonie" ring with 2.793 F-VS1 CBI diamond

@cflutist
OHHHHHHHHHHHH my goodness, I literally just went through 4 pages of intense scrolling (my mouth must've been wide open) while in between tasks at work, lol *shhh*

Your diamond (AND your setting) is beyond exquisite :love::love:. My absolute favorite aspect about RBC diamond is the arrows. It's one of the "must have" list for my ering to have those chunky arrows visible with the naked eye, or at least that's the hope! And your setting!!! So I've always been a classic solitaire girl (T&Co 6 prongs knife edge), but I made the mistake of trying on a few rings with paved diamonds in the band and now I can't get that idea out of my head. I am now entertaining the idea of maybe doing a DAINTY cushion halo with paved band around my RBC, but I don't want to take it away from the center stone too much. I feel like your setting has the best of both worlds - spot light on the center stone, but LOTS Of bling in the band. I absolutely ADORE your setting.

And I've GOT to share with the BF that being in software engineering and diamond aficionado are not mutually exclusive ;-) hahaha he thinks I geek out too much on this forum especially now that we're ring shopping. However if you ask me, he geeks out even more on cars and video cards(?),so to each their own :mrgreen:

@CarbonBling
I am sorry for having "poor hands". My hands are 60+ years old. Skin loses its elasticity as we age. Here is a photo of my hands taken in 2007 when they were 50+ years old.
June2007.JPG

Are you kidding me!? I'm in my 20's (late but still) and my hands look DRYER than yours when you were 50+. You are one truly very lucky lady!!!

Also, your F VS1 is no doubt gorgeous, I will be looking at H/I and SI's from HPD if I don't want to compromise on the size (which I reaaaaaally don't :wall:) and that worries me a bit. I love how your stone faces up ice white, and even from the side it looks really clear. And that's the look I love. The stone from JA the BF just purchased yesterday (we're awaiting shipment now) is a G/VS so part of me is worried about going down the color range. But we'll be looking at the stones in person next week (will update my thread promptly) so I can't wait.

@cflutist
OHHHHHHHHHHHH my goodness, I literally just went through 4 pages of intense scrolling (my mouth must've been wide open) while in between tasks at work, lol *shhh*

Your diamond (AND your setting) is beyond exquisite :love::love:. My absolute favorite aspect about RBC diamond is the arrows. It's one of the "must have" list for my ering to have those chunky arrows visible with the naked eye, or at least that's the hope! And your setting!!! So I've always been a classic solitaire girl (T&Co 6 prongs knife edge), but I made the mistake of trying on a few rings with paved diamonds in the band and now I can't get that idea out of my head. I am now entertaining the idea of maybe doing a DAINTY cushion halo with paved band around my RBC, but I don't want to take it away from the center stone too much. I feel like your setting has the best of both worlds - spot light on the center stone, but LOTS Of bling in the band. I absolutely ADORE your setting.

And I've GOT to share with the BF that being in software engineering and diamond aficionado are not mutually exclusive ;-) hahaha he thinks I geek out too much on this forum especially now that we're ring shopping. However if you ask me, he geeks out even more on cars and video cards(?),so to each their own :mrgreen:
@Drizzle if you should decide to join the CBI/HPD family, they can custom design any setting you want. We took my Vatche Setting that holds my 2.21 F-SI1 CBI and just made some tweaks to it. I do like my new setting much better, I love how the diamond just floats in there and can be admired from all angles. Have fun shopping.

Btw, I retired at 54 as a VP Software Engineering after a rewarding career.

Img2623.jpg Img2634.jpg

@cflutist
*Swoooooon* :appl: so now that you've designed this setting and even named it, does that mean it's added to the HPD collection? as in people who buy diamonds from them can request to buy this setting? I'm just curious...

And yeah I actually read your earlier post where you mentioned that you were in software engineering thus my comment :) my BF is actually the one who does it, while I'm in Finance. I really wish I had studied CS instead (especially in Seattle today) so you were an early adapter!

@Drizzle Yes, definitely. You can use the same exact setting, or may modify it anyway you choose. It will be custom made for your diamond and ring size. My inspiration was a similar setting that had surprise diamonds on the side. Go to the High Performance Diamonds Facebook page to see many more. There was a U-eternity ring that I drooled over two nights ago.

Here is an interesting comparison. My pear is graded F by the GIA. My CBI diamond is graded F by AGS. This photo was taken with my phone indoors in natural light, no post processing. Which diamond faces up whiter to you? Now that I own two of these CBI diamonds, I am a believer.

20171014_192733.jpg

Late to the party but had to post that your stone, and ring has become one of my all time faves. Just perfect.

Oh my gosh!! How'd I miss this! It's a stunning addition to your already impressive collection!! Nicely done!

Two more photos from Jamie. I am very pleased with all of them.

Img2664.jpg

Img2624.jpg

My baby is a month old today. @Wink have lots of little scratches on the bottom of the shank from grabbing metal door handles on a cruise ship. Too bad that I am not left-handed. :lol:

@TooPatient
I am so glad that you and your DH got to see CBI diamonds live and living color in WA last night. Aren't they beautiful? You are correct, photos don't show just how beautiful they are. I do hope that you become a member of the CBI family in the future. Screenshot_20171118-232945.png

@Wink @John Pollard and @Paul-Antwerp are my heroes. They are also wonderful people too.

@cflutist ,

i never tire of seeing photos of your stunning jewellery; your beautiful new ring, as well as your other wonderful pieces!

:love:

Beautiful!

Here is a video of my CBI in our bathroom which has overhead LED lighting.
Lots of sparkle and fire (rainbow colors) coming from the ring.
All the jewelry in the video came from High Performance Diamonds.

Blurry photo taken on stage with my phone. Never seen my CBI diamond more beautiful but my phone camera could not capture it.

20171128_204358.jpg

It’s just breathtaking, wear it in good health.

It’s just breathtaking, wear it in good health.
Thank you very much for your kind words.
This time I chose quality over quantity.

cflutist, i am so late to this party it’s ridiculous, but WOW your diamond is out of this world.
The most crisp and gorgeous facets.

cflutist, i am so late to this party it’s ridiculous, but WOW your diamond is out of this world.
The most crisp and gorgeous facets.

Why thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.
I am really enjoying this diamond.

Just a beautiful collection @cflutist

How are you finding the size difference between stones? Are you noticing a huge size difference at all or is it more the new setting that is the point of difference?

Did you feel the 2.2 was adequate or were you always itching for bigger... or did the opportunity just present itself to go larger so you took it?

I’m trying to decide on size! Heart wants larger but brain is saying it’ll be overwhelming on my size 4 finger! How do you feel both sizes were on your finger? My options would virtually match your 2 cbi’s!

Thanks!

@KirstLWA

Let me try to answer your questions.

There is a difference in size 8.39 vs 9.06mm between the two, but it is barely noticeable. It was not a size issue at all, my e-ring is a 3.01 F-SI1 pear that faces up like a 3.5 MRB. So I was not itching for bigger, but rather better.

I was not in the market for another CBI, but rather for another tennis bracelet. But when Wink came back with a $70k estimate for one of .50s CBIs, I took a look at the HPD inventory and saw the 2.79 F-VS1 and the diamond you are considering. I have always liked high color diamonds and the 2.79 gave me the mind clean CBI that I liked.

The 2.74 G-SI1 is also a very nice diamond. It has my favorite 34.5 CA and 40.8 PA sweet spots. It also hits the 9mm mark and will look huge on your size 4 finger. My suggestion would be to buy that diamond, enjoy and live with it for awhile. Then in the future, if your heart wants larger, you can trade it in for a larger CBI with a 100% credit, or sell it back for 80% and go in a completly different direction, e.g. Octavia or other fancy cut. Buying from HPD gives you these options.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP