shape
carat
color
clarity

My gals Sapphire Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Hello fellow colored folks !

I posted details over in the other folder -Show me the ring !

BR1.jpg

All I could say was "WOW" as soon as I opened this thread. That is one heck of a sapphire. The overall package of diamonds and the setting is also very classy. Bertrand, you did a excellent job. I remember reading through all your posts (as Bar01) as you tried to find the perfect sapphire for the ring and the final result is astounding.
30.gif

wow, that is beautiful.....the color is amazing!!! well done.

Love the colour!

one word...
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Wow that is a fantastic ring. I love that sapphire what a great colour. You have a very lucky gal.

Bertrand!

Smashing ring! I love the 3-stone combo with sapphires and diamonds!

Hand pics. please !!

Diamondand Sapphire.jpg

Wow. Nice ring. I''m not a big side stone fan, but the ice really sets off the blue here. When you described your stone to me, I think I saw a pic of it at one point during the conversation, but it looks much more fantastic in this pic.

One question, though: why did it take so long to post the ring pic? Did you just have it completed? Because I remember when I first started on my own personal quest, you had already purchased your sapphire and were waiting on diamonds to arrive. Was it the ring design process?

Date: 1/23/2005 7:20:44 AM
Author: raddygast
Wow. Nice ring. I'm not a big side stone fan, but the ice really sets off the blue here. When you described your stone to me, I think I saw a pic of it at one point during the conversation, but it looks much more fantastic in this pic.

One question, though: why did it take so long to post the ring pic? Did you just have it completed? Because I remember when I first started on my own personal quest, you had already purchased your sapphire and were waiting on diamonds to arrive. Was it the ring design process?

Hey Rad,

Thanks. Yes it did take me a while to post. I got the sapphire back in late September, then the diamonds in late October. Then it took a month or so to have the custom ring made and have the appraisal done in time for Dec 17 to make my trip to Caribbean to propose to her. I did not really want to post pictures of the gems or ring publicly until after the proposal. It did not feel right to let rest of the world see it – before she did!. Anyway came back on Christmas day from the cruise – and then the holidays took up time and getting back to work – just took a while!

About the side stones. I spent much time on the side diamonds thing. Originally, I thought that I would just go with a pure single sapphire. My first marriage (another story) used a solitary pure red Burma Ruby. I was never much of a huge diamond person. However, many issues came in to play in my decision to use side diamonds – but mainly I (and my gal) just loved the look of it. The contrast is wonderful (ice white and pure blue). Also the H&A "superideal cut" thing kind of raised my interest in diamonds after reading about them here on PS.

I thought the super ideal side diamonds might “over-power” the sapphire, but what happens is that the diamonds help direct attention (strong brilliant flashes) to her hand and ring. Bling factor. Then when they come in close for a look - the side diamonds kind of fade in to the background of the platinum setting – and everyone talks about the wonderful color of the sapphire. They hardly ever talk about the side diamonds once they are in close to examine the ring (sorry whiteflash!).

Now we are thinking about her wedding band. Originally we thought about a sapphire/diamond eternity band, then just a diamond eternity band, then a partial diamond band, now maybe just plain band. Have time to think about this before the June wedding (on the beach in My Town).
Guess that means more excuses to spend time on PriceScope and now on www.theknot.com site.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP