shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My GOG AVC in Rose Gold Ritani!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I love the way rose gold complements your skin tone...well done!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a gorgeous stone and setting! I love your beach backdrop pictures as well. I had no idea Ritani settings could also be made in rose gold. Kudos to your guy for checking your PS favorites folder...he did good. Congratulations on your engagement!!!

katushka

Rough_Rock
I just love the entire design and how beautifully the setting complements the diamond! Gorgeous!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
This is just gorgeous. It looks stunning on you. Enjoy.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! What a gorgeous ring! Congrats on your engagement, and on a very stealthy fiance! :appl:

ErinnM34

Rough_Rock
Thank you lokelani! Your dimensions & LW ratio are similar to mine.. which just made me even more excited to finally see mine after seeing yours!!

Enjoy your beautiful ring!

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
WOWeee! Absolutely gorgeous! Love the tone of the rose gold. It's perfection! Congrats! :)

chicnhed

Shiny_Rock
This ring is beautiful!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I love the rose gold with the AVC cut, they go together so well. And it looks perfect on you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This might be my favorite AVC ring ever. It's just fantastic!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations, :appl: :wavey:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
That is stunning! I originally wanted that Ritani setting, it's gorgeous.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring! I can't believe he did it by himself - great job! Congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a definite WOW!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Love it!!! Do you mind if I ask what your ring size is? It looks perfect on your finger!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That is so perfect! The proportions are beautiful, the setting is great for the AVC, the rose gold is something just a bit different and personal. Well done! Congratulations on your engagement!

lokelani

Rough_Rock
kagordo4 said:
Love it!!! Do you mind if I ask what your ring size is? It looks perfect on your finger!
Thank you! Not at all, the ring is a size 3.5 and is actually too loose on my left ring finger (should probably be about a size 3). ;( I often wear it on the right so it doesn't spin as much. I think with the addition of a wedding band it will work better size-wise, but if it's still too loose, thankfully there's a little sizing bar on the underside if it needs to be sized down.

Thank you all again so much for all your wonderful compliments! (I was especially flattered by yours, Gypsy. That's high praise considering all the amazing AVC rings we see here! 8) )

ctvr6

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Are those the Moks I see in the background? :)

lokelani

Rough_Rock
ctvr6 said:

Yes! :D We live about a block from Lanikai beach. And thank you!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Two of my favourites!!! Rose gold and AVC - lovely lovely. And how kind of him to take the whole thing seriously and do his research so carefully. Makes the ring so much more beautiful :tongue:

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
lokelani|1294187785|2814407 said:
ctvr6 said:

Aloha lokelani!!! Congrats on the beautiful ring :D that was pretty slick of your FI...gotta give him props on how he got figured out your "likes"...i was TRYING really hard to surprise my GF on the ring setting...but she is suuuuuuuper picky & wouldnt leave me alone...so I ended just giving in and letting her help...funny thing is, she picked the exact setting i was gonna pick anyway! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

on a side note, i should be getting the ring a 4-6 weeks(she doesnt know i ordered it so at least thats a surprise) & was wondering if you guys got it appraised & if so where did you go? I live in Waimanalo & work in Kailua, do you know if there is a good appraiser on our side of the island?

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the rose gold. Absolutely adore it. I seriously seriously considered doing my engagement ring in rose gold too, but my fiance vetoed it once we actually tried it on, because it seemed to blend with my skin tone on my hand and didn't pop as much as platinum.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the rose gold and the AVC is sooo pretty! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!! :love: That Ritani setting has always been one of my favorites!

lokelani

Rough_Rock
BigPhilly808 said:
lokelani|1294187785|2814407 said:
ctvr6 said:

Aloha lokelani!!! Congrats on the beautiful ring :D that was pretty slick of your FI...gotta give him props on how he got figured out your "likes"...i was TRYING really hard to surprise my GF on the ring setting...but she is suuuuuuuper picky & wouldnt leave me alone...so I ended just giving in and letting her help...funny thing is, she picked the exact setting i was gonna pick anyway! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

on a side note, i should be getting the ring a 4-6 weeks(she doesnt know i ordered it so at least thats a surprise) & was wondering if you guys got it appraised & if so where did you go? I live in Waimanalo & work in Kailua, do you know if there is a good appraiser on our side of the island?

Oh my gosh, aloha BigPhilly!! Wow how cool to find another Hawaiian here! (I'm not actually Hawaiian but you know what I mean, haha ;)) ) That is so funny about your girl. Shoulda trusted you! :D We actually didn't get the ring appraised locally, and I'm not sure if we will. The appraisal that GOG sent wasn't too terribly inflated, I don't think. But I haven't noticed too many jewelers on this side, and my guess would be you're probably gonna have to look in town for an appraiser. Sorry I don't have one to recommend! Can't wait to see what you (and your FI to be!) picked out for a ring -- you'll have to post it here when you can!

@hellokitty -- thanks so much! Your Leon is quite fabulous as well!! :love: That is funny about the color blending in with your skin -- it definitely blends right in with mine too but that's actually one of the things I love best about it, because when I glance down at the shank it just looks like a row of pave floating there! I wish the color of the gold would photograph better. In some of the pics it looks way more golden and sometimes even bronze-like which isn't what it looks like IRL. More of a peachy-pink. :D

As a side note, I wanted to send out a thank you :wavey: to the PS blog editors for featuring my ring as "Jewel of the Week!" :o My FI and I were just beyond flattered and it was such a thrill to see a post about the ring right there on the front page! We are honored and so happy to be a part of the PS community with our beloved "pet rock. " Hehe. :appl:

Envyme

Shiny_Rock
I love it~ :love: WOW, what a beauty! The rose gold is soo pretty too!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love rose gold. Congratulations on your engagement!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring!! Love the stone and setting!! What a great color to compliment the AVC!! :love: :love:

Congratulations on your engagement! All the best.

Cachette :))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer ring!!! :appl:
Just a suggestion on the size - get 1 sizing ball in the middle/bottom. I wear size 4 with ONE sizing ball (vs 2) and it really keeps it from spinning. Mine also fits perfectly on my right, but not my left. That way you're not cutting the ring, if you don't have to. Give it a try .....

lokelani

Rough_Rock
Thank you Cachette, mscushion, and Envyme!

motownmama said:
Killer ring!!! :appl:
Just a suggestion on the size - get 1 sizing ball in the middle/bottom. I wear size 4 with ONE sizing ball (vs 2) and it really keeps it from spinning. Mine also fits perfectly on my right, but not my left. That way you're not cutting the ring, if you don't have to. Give it a try .....

That's a great idea, thanks for the tip!! I had never heard of only doing one ball. But that would work perfectly on my ring because the underside of the shank has holes to let light through all the way around, save for a one little solid spot at the center of the bottom.

Can any jeweler do this for me? Or should I say, should I trust any jeweler to? Also, are sizing balls easily removable if I need more breathing room once I add a band?

BigPhilly808

Rough_Rock
hey lokelani...thanks for that info, i searched the threads after & found a guy in town who seems to be really good. plus his website says they can appraise it & i can watch the process so that would be cool to see...i will definately post pics when i get it!!! this is gonna be a loooooooooong 4-6 weeks!! i am hoping it is much closer to 4 then 6 :lol: :lol: :lol: ...btw...hawaiian is a state of mind in my opinion :) this is coming from a hawaiian/chinese/filipino born&raised lol...enjoy that ring...and the sun today!! i hope the bad :angryfire: weather :evil: is pau already!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results