shape
carat
color
clarity

My turn for some sad news with regard to an aging parent!

Please take good care of yourself @dk168. I’m so sorry you are going thru this. Please know there will be many of us here to support you whenever you need support. This is a tough road and it can feel overwhelming no matter how much we think we are prepared. Please know you have people in your corner who want to help you. Sending you hugs.

Ohhh, @dk168 I hate to hear this. I’ll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts as you navigate this transition. I hope your brother will be alright as well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Sending a hug. So many aspects to process, I wish you well as you work through how to support your Mom (and brother).

My mum's end was swift and peaceful, and I made it to Vancouver last Friday 04 October 2024 when she was still in hospital after a number of falls.
She was still conscious and in good spirit, and was able to have a conversation with me.
Her pain was not controlled though, and my brother and I were very pleased to be able to find her a hospice placement right away on Saturday 05 October 2024.
However, she deteriorated rapidly soon after she was transferred to tye hospice and switched her pain medication from oral to parenteral. She slept mostly and evidently peaceful.
My brother and I slept at the hospice since Saturday. They have excellent guest facilities including a fully equipped kitchen for the guests to use, plus a guest bathroom with a shower.
My brother and I are very grateful for Vancouver Hospice Society for their help, care and compassion provided to my mum, and to my bro and I, in her last few days on this earth.
R.I.P. to my mum.
DK :cry2:

I’m sorry for your loss, but glad she was in a good environment when she passed away. My sister in law with cancer died in hospice the day after she moved in - ot was a sunny room with an afternoon view of the lake, and she was comfortable and sleepy and watched the sun setting over the water. Was gone an hour later.

I'm so sorry for your deep loss, but hope you are comforted that you were able to be with her and that she passed peacefully with her children by her side.

HI:

Sorry for your loss; sounds as though she was well looked after and comfortable. Hoping your brother can manage on his own. Take care.

kind regards--Sharon

sorry to read this @dk168
it was good you and your brother were together and mum knew you were there
yes, hospices are fantastic at very difficult times
thinking of you and your family across the miles and hoping you can find some comfort in the memory of your mum

Sending you warm compassionate thoughts and hugs - so sorry that your dear mom passed away. Tough time, and please take care @dk168.

So sorry to hear this, DK.

I'm so relieved she was more comfortable and you both were able to be with her.
I'm still hugging you.
cat-hug-it-s-okay-cute-friends-39uv104gbjluyp2a.gif

DK, I am so so sorry for your loss. I am glad for you than it was peaceful and she didn't linger in pain for long. Bless those people who work in hospice care and help make the transition easier for everyone.

I am so sorry @dk168. Very glad you and your brother were able to be with her and that she had a peaceful passing. It is never easy though - take care and know that we are offering you a big group hug!

I’m sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry, DK. Best wishes to you and your brother through this.

You and your brother did all the right things. May you find peace with this and memories of earlier, better times.

I'm so sorry for your loss, DK. I'm glad her passing was peaceful.

Deepest sympathies @dk168, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your mother was free of pain and had her children by her side. Sending thoughts of comfort to you and your brother <3

I’m sorry for your loss, @dk168. I’m glad you were able to be there with her and that she was not in pain. I hope that you and your brother can comfort each other as you mourn this loss. Take care.

Big hugs to you @dk168 I'm sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

Sending hugs to you and your brother at this very sad time. How wonderful that you were both there with her and she transitioned peacefully with her children by her side. Bless.

So sorry for your loss, DK. I'm glad you and your brother could be with her.
It sounds like you were all treated with compassion.

So sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you @dk168

Sorry for your loss

I am so sorry for your loss @dk168
Gentle hugs to you

My mum's end was swift and peaceful, and I made it to Vancouver last Friday 04 October 2024 when she was still in hospital after a number of falls.
She was still conscious and in good spirit, and was able to have a conversation with me.
Her pain was not controlled though, and my brother and I were very pleased to be able to find her a hospice placement right away on Saturday 05 October 2024.
However, she deteriorated rapidly soon after she was transferred to tye hospice and switched her pain medication from oral to parenteral. She slept mostly and evidently peaceful.
My brother and I slept at the hospice since Saturday. They have excellent guest facilities including a fully equipped kitchen for the guests to use, plus a guest bathroom with a shower.
My brother and I are very grateful for Vancouver Hospice Society for their help, care and compassion provided to my mum, and to my bro and I, in her last few days on this earth.
R.I.P. to my mum.
DK :cry2:

My heartfelt condolences @dk168 those last days are so precious. Glad you and your brother were there for your Mum; May she rest in peace. Sending you a photo at Singapore Botanic gardens. Hope it brings you some warmth.IMG_0167.jpeg

Oh DK….. I was not expecting to read this & I am so, so sorry to hear that your mum has passed so quickly.

I am glad that you were able to get there & be with her & your brother. I hope you will take some time to just ‘be’ together & bumble along, doing what you need to do.

Sending gentle hugs to you both.

I am very sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you had time with her and that she was made comfortable

Condolences DK. Your mom was fortunate to have her children honor her life by being present as she transitioned.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP