shape
carat
color
clarity

Mystery White stone ring: Opinions?

Sparklemore

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I bought this mystery white stone 18k white gold ring online recently (don’t have it yet these are seller photos). It is 14 mm, and the ring setting appears to be 1954 based on date code hallmarks. Could be dirty, but does look to have lots of cloud like inclusions, and a yellow tint. It also appears to go darker in bright light conditions like some well cut diamonds/gemstones. I don’t think it’s zircon, but maybe white sapphire? Moissanite wasn’t around until the 90s but I guess it is always possible the stone is a later replacement to the setting.. I’m realistic it probably is not a natural diamond but I can dream until it gets here and I can test it haha! Would love thoughts!

IMG_5769.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpeg

IMG_5771.jpeg

IMG_5772.jpeg

IMG_5773.jpeg

It could be quartz with several fluorite inclusions - the bluish ones.

Strontium titanate

I had never heard of this until someone else mentioned it also and after researching I think you may be right. With it being such a softer early diamond stimulant would think there would be more facet abrasions but maybe it wasn’t worn much or something.

Strontium titanate

i googled as id never heard of it
wow a lot of big words:lol:
i am wondering if this is why some people (comment section of places like the daily mail:lol: ) dont think a diamond is real if it throws rainbows ?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP