shape
carat
color
clarity

Narrowed to 4 Radiant Options

DiceGames

Rough_Rock
I've narrowed my radiant diamond search to 4 options below.

I've found a local jeweler to help me evaluate in person and set.

Am I missing any major flaws in these options?

* I prefer rectangular, so ratios are 1.27-1.33.
* All appear to be Eye Clean

NumberCaratsColorClarityMainsDepthTableGirdleRatioPriceLink
12.01DVVS2Short69.567V. Thick1.27$19,980Link
22.02DVS1Short68.769Thick-VThick1.28$19,340Link
32.02DVS2Short68.465Thick-VThick1.31$20,890Link
42.05EVS1Short6768.4SThick-Thick1.33$20,240Link
Thanks!

Crushed ice radiants are incredibly difficult to evaluate on-line. I'm glad you have a jeweler who is willing to bring some in.

The one I think that is most promising (in my eyes) is #4.

Crushed ice radiants are incredibly difficult to evaluate on-line. I'm glad you have a jeweler who is willing to bring some in.

The one I think that is most promising (in my eyes) is #4.

Thanks - I improperly listed the mains on #4 (actually long, not short). So this would not be crushed ice, correct? Is that light return driving your preference?

Should have also mentioned these are all excellent polish, excellent symmetry, and no fluorescence. Do they seem fairly priced?

Numbers/long/short mains tell us very little about the look of a radiant. Its all about the light return. I want to see sparkles
not a vast gray mote in the middle of a stone. I prefer stones like @0-0-0 posted so perhaps I'm not the best to advise you. I
think if you look at the two stones @0-0-0 posted, one has long mains and one has mains that do not reach all the way to the
"corners" (what you are calling short?). Due to the number of faceting patterns for radiants, it is difficult to narrow down what is
causing what and claim it to be true in all cases.

Yes, the light return I can see in #4 (vs the other 3) would be my preference but like I said, I like the stones that 0-0-0 posted even
more.

Thanks for sharing these. Does the bowtie concern you in this one? What about the faint fluorescence? My other options have no fluor., but perhaps that isn't the most important variable.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/2.10-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-sku-19756735

Last edited:
Numbers/long/short mains tell us very little about the look of a radiant. Its all about the light return. I want to see sparkles
not a vast gray mote in the middle of a stone. I prefer stones like @0-0-0 posted so perhaps I'm not the best to advise you. I
think if you look at the two stones @0-0-0 posted, one has long mains and one has mains that do not reach all the way to the
"corners" (what you are calling short?). Due to the number of faceting patterns for radiants, it is difficult to narrow down what is
causing what and claim it to be true in all cases.

Yes, the light return I can see in #4 (vs the other 3) would be my preference but like I said, I like the stones that 0-0-0 posted even
more.

Thanks - I was simply going off of the main pattern shown on the GIA report for each. I also prefer the patterns / light return I'm seeing in the options 0-0-0 posted vs my selection. I'll bring in the D color he shared! Is there one of my original 4 you would eliminate to make room? Which is the 'worst'? Thanks!

Last edited:
In my experience JA/BN’s video setup exaggerates the amount of visible obstruction. As long as the facets flash on/off in the videos I doubt it’ll be too much obstruction in person. Internal graining combined with strong fluorescence can do interesting things, but I think faint fluorescence is generally not an issue.

If you prefer the patterns and light return of the ones I shared, I would eliminate the D colors from your original list. Consider bringing in the G color as well as this F color. They face up smaller than the D and E colors, but I think the patterning is different enough to be worth a look, and you may be surprised with how little color is visible in person.

In my experience JA/BN’s video setup exaggerates the amount of visible obstruction. As long as the facets flash on/off in the videos I doubt it’ll be too much obstruction in person. Internal graining combined with strong fluorescence can do interesting things, but I think faint fluorescence is generally not an issue.

If you prefer the patterns and light return of the ones I shared, I would eliminate the D colors from your original list. Consider bringing in the G color as well as this F color. They face up smaller than the D and E colors, but I think the patterning is different enough to be worth a look, and you may be surprised with how little color is visible in person.

Thanks - the F color you shared is beautiful but no longer available.

What do you think of these 3 below? I opened up to E/F colors and faint fluor. They seem to have long mains vs crushed ice.

The first one is interesting, but I think I like the other 2 more.

Just throwing out a 2.3 D VS1 with Med Fluor..... It's not on JA or BN but B2c and rare caret list it or maybe your jewler could order it in.... has Rap price $ 17,500 so that plus whatever margin he/she charges....
1725404945260.png

more video and images in DNA link

1725404831562.png

Just throwing out a 2.3 D VS1 with Med Fluor..... It's not on JA or BN but B2c and rare caret list it or maybe your jewler could order it in.... has Rap price $ 17,500 so that plus whatever margin he/she charges....
1725404945260.png

more video and images in DNA link

1725404831562.png

Off topic, but how do you get the rap price for the specific stone $17500?

Do you mean that is the price for the category (and therefore the possibility of whatever discount etc) or this is the quote-unquote dealer price that a jeweler or vendor would then charge whatever markup and sell it to a customer?

in this case for this particular stone the supplier listed it on the DNA file.... the current $ might actually be less if they are not updating the DNA sheet... only the trade has access to the trading platforms see the live real time price quotes....

looks like it may have sold..
1725444540874.png

in this case for this particular stone the supplier listed it on the DNA file.... the current $ might actually be less if they are not updating the DNA sheet... only the trade has access to the trading platforms see the live real time price quotes....

looks like it may have sold..
1725444540874.png

What is the DNA file? As in, is this info about every graded diamond (or thereabouts), only GIA diamonds, or a subset of diamonds offered for sale (eg the inventory held by common US retailers)?

it's a supplier thing - some put up more info online... it's too bad they dont all do it....
example....

it's a supplier thing - some put up more info online... it's too bad they dont all do it....
example....

this is so cool, thanks! I learned something new today! I wish there was a way to search up a stone if you have the cert number... I'd love to know what kind of markup a stone fetches, for example.

Thanks everyone - nearing the ordering stage here but wanted to throw out two more my jeweler provided.

Your Jeweler is quoting a fair price on that E w/Faint...

1725529537500.png

My favorite in the Radiant 2ct universe is this Strong Blue D with the long mains (table is tad big) but this would be such a bright white clean diamond...:kiss2:

1725532222311.png

Plus the Strong Blue Discount...
1725532432690.png

Hi, I've narrowed to 2 options below. #1 was recommended by @0-0-0 (thanks!)

My plan is to order both to view in person - what do you think?

1. E/VS1 with long mains [Link](https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/2.05-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-21636827)
  2. D/VS1 with short mains (crushed ice) [Link](https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/radiant-cut/2.01-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-sku-21877682)

Both have excellent polish, excellent symmetry, no fluorescence.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP