shape
carat
color
clarity

Need feedback on natural 1.31 ct Alexandrite!

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your new beautiful Alex, happy to see you love it!

landscape

Shiny_Rock
I think this Alexandrite is from Tanzania. Tanzanian alexandrites are lighter in color, not dark in natural light, and usually have good clarity. However, the discoloration effect is not obvious compared to Brazil's alexandrite, and the price is reasonable.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see what you do with this stone! Love the daylight colour

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful stone! I’m glad that you insisted on getting a report as that will bring you peace of mind. Now comes the fun part! We can’t wait to see what beautiful design you come up with for your gorgeous stone.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the one year delay in posting the completed platinum Alexandrite ring. I worked with Joe Escobar Diamonds in Silicon Valley to custom design an art deco style setting in platinum with two trapezoid F color, VS clarity side diamonds (.50 ct tw). The crown has 6 baguette and 4 round diamonds (.06 ct tw) all F-G VS quality. Including photos of wax carving model, daylight shot and also a comparison of the ring in daylight vs incandescent.

IMG_7886.jpeg
IMG_8343.png
IMG_5150.jpeg

IMG_5206.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5196.jpeg
    IMG_5196.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5152.jpeg
    IMG_5152.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Great setting! The stone seems to float magically in space. The white/transparent diamond frame is perfect for showing the colour change.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! Stone, setting, hand. It's perfect!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments! I think that’s it for my colored stone ring journey. I have always wanted an untreated Mogok pigeon blood Ruby and a beautiful untreated Alexandrite and now I have both. So far no other stones have gotten lodged in my brain, and I hope it stays that way so I can focus on bracelets!

One more indoor day, outdoor day (grey clouds out) and evening incandescent shot below. My AGL report said the stone changes to brownish pink but I sure see purple!

IMG_5222.jpeg

IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5300.jpeg

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments! I think that’s it for my colored stone ring journey. I have always wanted an untreated Mogok pigeon blood Ruby and a beautiful untreated Alexandrite and now I have both. So far no other stones have gotten lodged in my brain, and I hope it stays that way so I can focus on bracelets!

One more indoor day, outdoor day (grey clouds out) and evening incandescent shot below. My AGL report said the stone changes to brownish pink but I sure see purple!

IMG_5222.jpeg

IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5300.jpeg

Beautiful ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results