shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help choosing between 2 diamonds!

bertiebott86

Rough_Rock
Been reading and drooling for age... and I'm finally ready to upgrade myself to a new stone! I'm torn between two, links below... I love the stone from Whiteflash, but is the clarity more important than the hearts and arrows??

First is from WhiteFlash: 2.37 J SI1

Second is from Brian Galvin: 2.53 J VS1

The Brian Gavin stone you linked is from their 'virtual selection', meaning it isn't in-house and isn't one of their specialty cuts. You may already know that, but I wanted to make sure!

For most people here, cut is more important than clarity as long as a stone is eye-clean to their definition. For some people that means they never want to be able to see the inclusion(s) no matter what, for others that means they don't want to see it with normal viewing. Others talk about needing a stone to be 'mind clean', meaning that they just don't want to have to worry about the clarity so they may avoid certain kinds or colors or numbers of inclusions.

I'm not an expert on cut so we'll wait for others to weigh in on these specific stones, I just wanted to get things started and point out that the BGD diamond isn't one of the stones people usually mean when talking about getting something from BGD :)

The Whiteflash diamond is a super ideal cut diamond. The Brian Gavin diamond is not although he does sell super ideal cut diamonds. Hands down I would choose the Whiteflash diamond in this instance! The ACA diamonds are gorgeous!!

The Brian Gavin stone you linked is from their 'virtual selection', meaning it isn't in-house and isn't one of their specialty cuts. You may already know that, but I wanted to make sure!

For most people here, cut is more important than clarity as long as a stone is eye-clean to their definition. For some people that means they never want to be able to see the inclusion(s) no matter what, for others that means they don't want to see it with normal viewing. Others talk about needing a stone to be 'mind clean', meaning that they just don't want to have to worry about the clarity so they may avoid certain kinds or colors or numbers of inclusions.

I'm not an expert on cut so we'll wait for others to weigh in on these specific stones, I just wanted to get things started and point out that the BGD diamond isn't one of the stones people usually mean when talking about getting something from BGD :)

Thanks so much for pointing that out! I didn't realize. That's important when it comes to return time frame and potential upgrades down the road.

The Whiteflash diamond is a super ideal cut diamond. The Brian Gavin diamond is not although he does sell super ideal cut diamonds. Hands down I would choose the Whiteflash diamond in this instance! The ACA diamonds are gorgeous!!
I'm really leaning toward the Whiteflash.... I'm doing one last search just to confirm. I want to stay in the 17-19k range with ideal cut, and there isn't much! I'm obviously open to a J color. I'd prefer a VS1, but when I spoke to Liza she said it's a really good SI1.

Thats a good thing if Liza said it’s a good SI1! It’s a great way to get in the door, so to speak. With the upgrade, you could always adjust specs later.

Whiteflash will want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you buy this one, then are not thrilled with it, just return it and ask them to get you something else. They should have stones 'coming on in' and (unless they have changed things) can provide a 'custom cut' stone for you. There are folks on here that have done exactly that.

Cut is king for me, so the WF stone would definitely be my pick.

Ok folks. I went with the WF ACA. I had it shipped as the loose stone and here she is!!

Attachments

• 20240824_131329.jpg
    20240824_131329.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 17245197902136750321489325090614.jpg
    17245197902136750321489325090614.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 29
What do you think???

I love it. I was a bit concerned about the SI1 clarity, but I'm not able to see anything unless I'm super close and have it at just the right angle. Which is ok with me. It is a bit smaller than I originally was looking at... but I can upgrade later to a larger stone if I want.

I love it. I was a bit concerned about the SI1 clarity, but I'm not able to see anything unless I'm super close and have it at just the right angle. Which is ok with me. It is a bit smaller than I originally was looking at... but I can upgrade later to a larger stone if I want.

People always say it will look bigger and better set than in the ring holder! So if you love it now, you'll really love it finished!

Looks great - so happy you are pleased! How are you going to set it?

Looks great - so happy you are pleased! How are you going to set it?

6 prong, low profile setting. Our local jeweler is going to set it for me in something temporary for now, till I figure out what I really want. Or if I decide to upgrade early... I'll be in Houston end of Jan so I'll pop in and see what they have then!

Good grief, that’s beautiful!! Enjoy your new sparkly!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP