shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on this Zales ering

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez, that's terrible! I can't believe they thought that looked proportional or nice. That is really frustrating.

I would send it back asap and talk to someone and specifically tell them that you want the side stones to be flush to the center stone.

Here are two examples from their own website for you to reference. I hope you get this remedied asap. Let them know you are disappointed and have them send you a fedex label to return and have them overnight it back to you.

Keep us updated on how this goes!

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/18k-white-gold-three-stone-princess-and-pave-set-diamond-engagement-ring-item-22632

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/14k-white-gold-princess-shaped-three-stone-channel-set-diamond-engagement-ring-item-323

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea those gaps should NOT be there, I hope they fix it ASAP!

ks5193

Rough_Rock
It's already shipped back to them. They emailed a return label. Will have it by morning. Lets see what they say then. Wrong stones and so wide out. This was really disappointing. Hoping they fix in time. I don't even know if they can move the stones in on this piece without remaking it

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
They really should remake it. The side stones should be nice and close to the center stone, as in all of the example images. And of course, they should all be princess cut, as you wanted (I think you meant to write that they are rounds? I was a little confused, but they appear round, so guessing that was the other issue). Hope they can fix this and get you a new ring really soon!

ks5193

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1442409804|3928381 said:
They really should remake it. The side stones should be nice and close to the center stone, as in all of the example images. And of course, they should all be princess cut, as you wanted (I think you meant to write that they are rounds? I was a little confused, but they appear round, so guessing that was the other issue). Hope they can fix this and get you a new ring really soon!

I did mean round actually! Its just gotten back to them so I should have more information later in the day what the plan of action is. The way those side prongs are placed I don't know how they can move them closer without remaking it.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
ks5193|1442413164|3928400 said:

I did mean round actually! Its just gotten back to them so I should have more information later in the day what the plan of action is. The way those side prongs are placed I don't know how they can move them closer without remaking it.

I would tell them you're not satisfied with them "fixing" this version, because it could affect the structural integrity. You need a totally new ring, with the prongs nice and tight up next to that center stone. And all should be PRINCESS!! :rolleyes:

ks5193

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1442416164|3928417 said:
ks5193|1442413164|3928400 said:

I would tell them you're not satisfied with them "fixing" this version, because it could affect the structural integrity. You need a totally new ring, with the prongs nice and tight up next to that center stone. And all should be PRINCESS!! :rolleyes:

I did exactly like you said and I just received an update it is being remade. It will be expedited and will get it sometime next week so that's great news. That still leaves me with plenty of time. I just hope all goes perfect this time around. Thank you to all for all the support. i just know its gonna look great once its done right. Again, will post pictures sometime next week.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry ks5193...that is the worst screw up I have ever seen on a JA ring. Cant believe they sent it out that way. What were they
thinking? :oops:

If I were you I would ask them to send pictures before it ships so you can make sure they did it right this time.

So sorry for your trouble...

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333 said:
Sorry ks5193...that is the worst screw up I have ever seen on a JA ring. Cant believe they sent it out that way. What were they

If I were you I would ask them to send pictures before it ships so you can make sure they did it right this time.

I would definitely take up this suggestion of asking for photos before it ships so you can verify it's been done correctly.

I hope it's perfect this time around.

Let us know how it goes!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1442511211|3928875 said:

Another DITTO on this!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Wow - that was awful :-o I'm glad that they are remaking it for you and I hope that the next one is perfect!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1442511211|3928875 said:

Great advice!

I am not sure how the first one got out the door, but hopefully the next one will be perfect!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
I am so sry to say this but I have never seen an example of a ring from JA looking so . . . off.

I will to keep my fingers crossed for you on your engagement ring project and hope everything gets remedied quickly and right. Glad you got some solid advice from pricscopers on how to fix this blunder AND looking at the positive.

Glad the center stone was so sparkly. That sparkle is going to look amazing on your future fiancee's hand

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Ditto that I'm glad they are making it over! I can't wait to see the redo!

ks5193

Rough_Rock
The new ring is ready and just got shipped out. Will have it tomorrow!
Here's a quick pic they sent me before sending it out.

img_9447.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
That looks MUCH better. Good job to James Allen for making it right.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hurray! That's much better. Post more pictures when you get it. :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that pic is perfect looking. Cant wait for you,then her, to see it!

Are you going to get it within the timeframe you needed?

ks5193

Rough_Rock
Niel|1443469808|3932858 said:

Absolutely. I need it for the coming weekend.. JA said they were expediting it for the remake to be ready in time and I asked repeatedly for a quicker turnaround time than the first time. I was pretty firm about needing it in time and being promised that they could deliver. I'm still amazed how it went through their quality check last time.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ks5193|1443470646|3932864 said:
Niel|1443469808|3932858 said:

Absolutely. I need it for the coming weekend.. JA said they were expediting it for the remake to be ready in time and I asked repeatedly for a quicker turnaround time than the first time. I was pretty firm about needing it in time and being promised that they could deliver. I'm still amazed how it went through their quality check last time.

Oh god neither do I

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Much better! Cant wait to see hand pics!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's much more like it! I hope it gets to you in time!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, now THAT looks like what I would have expected! Can't wait to see more photos and hand shots! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks SO pretty!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew! That looks so much better and overall it looks stunning. The one thing I noticed is that the center stone prongs (especially at the top) look a tad large or bulky. It could totally be the photograph, so just see how you like the prongs when you receive the ring. But overall it looks fantastic and I'm really glad they remade it in time for the proposal!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! A world of difference! So much better! Hoping it looks great in person too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see no problem with the prongs. They are corner prongs on a smaller princess so they will be a little more pronounced. They are important to keep those pointy diamond corners safe

ks5193

Rough_Rock
I'm back with pictures! It is white office lighting so it doesn't shine like it really should. But I think it turned out amazing.

img_9472.jpg

img_9474.jpg

img_9476.jpg

img_9483.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ks5193|1443562700|3933261 said:
I'm back with pictures! It is white office lighting so it doesn't shine like it really should. But I think it turned out amazing.

Infinitely better!

You managed to get her exactly what she wanted. Kudos!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect! I'm glad they were able to come through!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results