shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on this Zales ering

I love the setting Niel found! Why not reach out to James Allen and get a quote for a princess cut version if her preference is for a princess cut?

I'm in the process of doing that right now. Finding out if they can do a princess setting. It's the closest and best to what I originally saw. Style and price points- both. And, I might even add in a 0.6-0.75 ct center stone if that setting is only $1600

ks5193|1440009546|3916440 said:
I'm in the process of doing that right now. Finding out if they can do a princess setting. It's the closest and best to what I originally saw. Style and price points- both. And, I might even add in a 0.6-0.75 ct center stone if that setting is only $1600

Awesome, let us know if they can do a princess version!

Niel|1440009866|3916441 said:

I think that sounds like an awesome plan! Excited to see this come together. :appl:

rubybeth|1440016479|3916484 said:

I think that sounds like an awesome plan! Excited to see this come together. :appl:
fingers crossed!
+1
and if they can't perhaps this setting:
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/18k-white-gold-three-stone-princess-and-pave-set-diamond-engagement-ring-item-22632

So JA said they may be able to do it and are looking into and coming up with a price. It will be an increase from the original setting. However, since it will be customized, returns wont be accepted so I would have to be sure I like it when I see it in person. Anyway, while we're waiting on confirmation, how often do you all send your rings out for inspection/cleaning? Does that mean every few months you ship it out to the online vendor?

16ocean|1440052978|3916661 said:

fingers crossed!
+1
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/three-stone/18k-white-gold-three-stone-princess-and-pave-set-diamond-engagement-ring-item-22632

16ocean, that setting is beautiful

ks5193|1440078485|3916710 said:
So JA said they may be able to do it and are looking into and coming up with a price. It will be an increase from the original setting. However, since it will be customized, returns wont be accepted so I would have to be sure I like it when I see it in person. Anyway, while we're waiting on confirmation, how often do you all send your rings out for inspection/cleaning? Does that mean every few months you ship it out to the online vendor?

To me, it is not worth shipping a ring back and forth to be inspected and cleaned. Any local jeweler (preferably with a bench jeweler on site) can do this for you. If you are looking at white gold be aware that the bright white is due to rhodium plating which depending on body chemistry and how much the ring is worn may need to be "re-dipped" every 3 months to a year if you want to keep the bright white. It isn't terribly expensive (shouldn't be more than $30 per ring) and most of the "wear" will show on the bottom of the ring & where it may eventually rub with a wedding band. Just something to know about if you're new to jewelry and white gold in particular. I personally only bother to get mine "dipped" about once every two years. This is another reason I take my rings off as soon as I get home and only wear them out.

ETA: For white gold I would say just get 14k, when the plating wears off it's less "yellow" because it's less gold, paying for 18k "white gold" IMO is pretty useless since it's just coated with rhodium anyway, 18k yellow gold is worth it because it's a much richer color, white is different. If you don't ever want to deal with plating pay the extra now and get platinum. That will get light scratches aka "patina" but it won't have any color change.

ks5193|1440078539|3916712 said:
16ocean|1440052978|3916661 said:

fingers crossed!
+1

16ocean, that setting is beautiful

Nice! You have quite a few options now. I think it's so sweet how you are really looking for something special for your future fiancee.

So I've decided on the JA setting Neil showed. It's got everything I'm looking for. 3 stones, twisted band, and pave diamonds on the band. Also, decided on the center princess stone, Neil suggested. The person at JA also was inclined towards that stone from all the choices.
Hoping it turns out great. Thank you all for the help!

Should be beautiful! Post pictures when they get it done!

ks5193|1440614793|3919492 said:
So I've decided on the JA setting Neil showed. It's got everything I'm looking for. 3 stones, twisted band, and pave diamonds on the band. Also, decided on the center princess stone, Neil suggested. The person at JA also was inclined towards that stone from all the choices.

Awesome! Did it come in at a similar budget? Did you do the $100 reffer a friend discount.

I'm so glad you chose JA over Zales, the quality will be so so so much better, please post pics!

Please do come back with photos of the finished product! Better yet, see if you can bring it to Zales and compare side-by-side with photos for us. :bigsmile:

Niel|1440616977|3919508 said:

Awesome! Did it come in at a similar budget? Did you do the $100 reffer a friend discount.

It came in at pretty much the same price as the Zales. I did get a $100 off as a first time customer designing your own ring. The modified princess setting also came in cheaper than the original round one online, all side stones being same ct weight. So all in all, great deal.

Will definitely post a picture once I receive it in about 2 weeks or so.

ks5193|1440683989|3919827 said:

It came in at pretty much the same price as the Zales. I did get a $100 off as a first time customer designing your own ring. The modified princess setting also came in cheaper than the original round one online, all side stones being same ct weight. So all in all, great deal.

Yay! Nice to see you didn't gave to sacrifice your budget to get a better ring!

The ering from JA finally shipped today!! I should have it in a few days hopefully

ks5193|1442251081|3927633 said:
The ering from JA finally shipped today!! I should have it in a few days hopefully

Yay!!

EX-CIT-ING! Pics please!

Cannot wait to see it!! Please post pictures! :naughty:

Overnight FEDEX delivery!! Comes in the morning. Pics coming soon :)

ks5193|1440683989|3919827 said:

:appl:
looking forward to pictures.

love the fact you got better stones at the same price.

So happy you did your homework :appl:

good job you!

So I received the ring today. The diamond is absolutely amazing.
However, they messed it up completely. I received it with center stones on the 2 side stones!!! Not just that, but I noticed they are placed so far apart from the center stone that it looks really awkward to me.. What do you guys think? I've already gotten an RMA to send this to them today itself. I can't believe it. Aren't the side stones supposed to be closer and more parallel to the center? These just look awkwardly far and out to me.. I'm hoping they can repair and bring them in easily. I don't have much time now. Need it back before end of the month!

imag0549.jpg

_30107.jpg

imag0550.jpg

God how frustrating!

Yes if they told you they were to be princesses of course context them and have them address it immediately!

Also, yes it is spaced far apart, like it was made for a larger stone. Examples theybshoe on there site show them making it more to fit the specific center stone. Address it asap see if they can't remidy it!

I'm so sorry. I was so hoping it would be perfect

Wow. I don't know how they let that out the door. The distance between stones is beyond excessive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results