shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie for lab growns - looking for earrings or a pendant

Ramod

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have some experience with natural diamonds. Found this forum invaluable in my previous searches, always great recommendations and insights. I've had 2 rings made - 1 was a colored cushion diamond, set by DBL - turned out amazing. Second ring I sourced a diamond from WF and sent it to Victora Canera to set...was also beautiful.

I'm a bit of a noob in lab grown - but peaked my interest obviously like most people for the prices. Done a bit of a search but I'm a bit lost so wondering if I can get abit of guidance.

I'm looking to do 2 pieces - one a larger pendant, another either stud earrings or drop earrings.

Drop earrings looking to do 2 x 1.5 carat rounds. The pendant a single 2.5 to 3c round.

A few questions:

1) Seems the best bet would be to order from sites like loosegrowndiamonds. I noticed a pretty big price difference between them and other sites like James Allen. Like similar 1 carat rounds is maybe ?300-400 on LGD but 1k on James Allen. It's just because of the larger branding?

2) Looks like alot of people get their diamonds there and shipped to there preferred provider to set it. Any recommendations for companies that set? My selection is pretty simple. Likely want platinum or 18k yellow gold.

3) I also may prefer a better vendor who can source and set together...would make my life easier even if I pay a bit more (but not like 2x more). I have a bit of time, but ideally want to receive these pieces in about 2 months.

Thanks for all the help in advance! I'm gonna look through some diamonds.

I found multiple fast shipping H&A rounds @ 1.5carat for 650-700 USD on LGD. Does that seem reasonable?

JA offers their own images/videos, and better service and return policies. All these extras cost money.

If you are used to the quality of work from DBL and VC, I would suggest asking them to help you source and price match stones.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP