shape
carat
color
clarity

Not including jewelry, what do you own way too much of?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My list is too long to name everything, but in particular I have wayyy too much soaps and teas. I love buying the different flavors of my favorite soap brands (Dove for bars and Bath & Body Works for liquid hand soap), and then I worry my favorite scents will get discontinued, so I stock up. I drink tea continually throughout the day and switch off on type, so I never want to run out of any of them. I think almost half my pantry is tea. :lol:

Fellow tea lover! I too have too much tea, and also too many teapots . I like to collect different cups and glasses to put my beverages in, so those are always overflowing and I end up giving some away to friends and family.

Shoes. Clothes. Handbags. I need to donate and declutter, but most of all of these are barely worn. Gross.

Cute mugs and dishes

I have a huge, huge, huge problem

I’m forever in love with pretty dinner sets and they last forever so I’ve accumulated waaaaay too many.

Recently I’m into themed mugs! I need help! I’ll post some photos later! I’m drowning in Christmas mugs!

Wine glasses!!!

Cats :)

Including the outdoor cats we have over 13 cats

And yes, we consider all of them ours. We love them and consider them family

We trap, neuter, release back to our property and feed and shelter them to the best of our ability (try to shelter them at least and that is another story for another day but we bought new heated shelters and hope they use them)

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.33.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.31.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.31.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.30.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.30.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.28.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.27.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.26.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.26.03 AM.png

theepeas.png

Shoes. Clothes. Handbags. I need to donate and declutter, but most of all of these are barely worn. Gross.

You are not the only one, @nala. I am mortified at what I have accumulated and not worn or used over the years.

Clothes, shoes, bags, and linens. I sell a fair amount of things I bought and wore once on Poshmark, but I turn around and buy more. :( I have always been this way, so it’s not likely to change and I’m not really ashamed of it. I have all wood hangers in my closet, a lingerie chest dedicated to bras, and probably fewer shoes than anyone here but it’s still a lot to me.

I have 20 Le creuset mugs and only 2 people in his house drink coffee or tea. :confused:

When my MIL passed we donated alot of stuff and my BIL said “are you sure you don’t want these pots?” And I said “no” bc who cares about pots! At the time didn’t know that Le Creuset was :wall: and that is the brand it was. DH didn’t either. I’ve regretted it ever since because it was a whole collection.

Decorative pillows! Indoors, outdoors, living room, bedrooms, etc. I often go to Home Goods for dog treats and can't seem to leave without another pillow - their selection just wows me. And my newish sofa came with four gorgeous pillows. I have a closet that holds extra blankets and pillows and it's so stuffed I can barely get anything out (need to fix this!). I can't believe I'm this wild for pillows.

Hmmm, probably crockery (lots of white ones purchased in the days when my late partner was alive and we entertained quite frequently), or Jamsworld Hawaiian shirts (at least 5 new ones still to see daylight), and Crocs (at least 7 new pairs waiting to be worn).

DK :))

I should probably just say that I have too much of everything. But what comes to mind first are handbags, shoes, china, blue jeans. I don't buy china anymore at least, and talk myself out of more shoes and purses usually. Am really trying to purge instead of acquire.

I had too much of many things, but since we have had a dumpster in our driveway the past week due to some renovation, we've chucked quite a lot in there, plus donating to ReStore and Goodwill items that could be sold. The dumpster is there until tomorrow so we'll be going back into the attic and scouring the basement for Round 3 today.

What I still have too much of is hand and body creams and lotions. I could go for several years not buying any more.

Vintage Anthropologie wool coats :lickout:
*a couple of these I have in multiple sizes because every once in a while I realize how fat I’ve gotten and decide to stop eating my favorite foods for a while :lol:IMG_2829.pngIMG_2821.jpegIMG_2815.jpegIMG_2811.jpegIMG_2494.jpegIMG_2492.jpegIMG_2490.jpegIMG_2491.jpegIMG_2480.jpegIMG_2479.jpegIMG_2478.webpIMG_2474.webp

Well, they are very pretty. I can see the attraction. You must have a pretty big coat closest and like winter :lol-2:

When my MIL passed we donated alot of stuff and my BIL said “are you sure you don’t want these pots?” And I said “no” bc who cares about pots! At the time didn’t know that Le Creuset was :wall: and that is the brand it was. DH didn’t either. I’ve regretted it ever since because it was a whole collection.
Oh no! A full collection is the dream too. Their cookware is so expensive... they’re definitely pieces you pass down.

I have too much clutter in general, that comes from living with a person who would hoard everything if I would allow it, which I DO NOT (source of many arguments)....me personally I am a minimalist, the only thing I feel me personally is we have too many coffee cups....I need to get rid of some.

Guitars, Basses, Pedal Steel Guitars, Amps.......
2beautsa.jpg

Attachments

• hamer-3.jpg
    hamer-3.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 4
  • lp-jr-2.JPEG
    lp-jr-2.JPEG
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
  • P1030158.JPG
    P1030158.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 4
Oh no! A full collection is the dream too. Their cookware is so expensive... they’re definitely pieces you pass down.

I know. I was so stupid. I had never even heard of the brand. She was not old when she passed, sadly, and so we were young and it was before I knew things about cookware. I wish BIL had been more clear when he expressed surprise that I didn't want it! And he didn't want it either as a single guy living across the country.

Shoes :oops: I have small feet (UK size 3) so have always got some fantastic bargains.

Dresses, when we moved, DH told the moving company we’d need lots of hanging wardrobe boxes. They thought they’d misheard when he told them I have 80 dresses :oops2:

HI:

Dishes. Way too many sets......and I keep buying more (seasonal) stuff! Eyeyiyi
And coats--but in fairness we have 4 seasons and I need lots of outerwear. I wish we lived in Hawaii where I'd just need bikinis.

cheers--Sharon

Guitars, Basses, Pedal Steel Guitars, Amps.......
2beautsa.jpg

In case anyone is a guitar lover....I have to brag on a few of my babies...
The white guitar is a 1980 Hamer Custom ...a boutique brand favored by Rick Nielson of Cheap Trick. The guitar on my terrace- a 1954 Les Paul Jr. 70 years old and looks it.
The acoustic guitar is a 1965 Martin 00018.
I actually traded a diamond ring to a guy for that one.....it's such a small guitar, but great sound.

I've owned the two guitars together in the picture longest.
They are both early '70's Fenders. Telecaster and Stratocaster.
I got the Strat in 1990 at a guitar show in NYC for about $750.
The tele....is part of the DBL story....
It was 1998. Just started my own company. Just gotten an internet connection and computer. And a digital camera.
I discovered this site where people sell things- eBay. I found that Telecaster being offered by a guy about 2 blocks from my office- and bought it for I think $1500...
But it gave me an idea- I had this camera- I had diamonds, and always loved taking pictures. Maybe I could take good pics of a diamond?...
Maybe I could sell a diamond on eBay???.....and here we are....

Old photos. I’m sure I probably have every picture that was EVER taken of my kids! Boxes and boxes!

Lipstick! I can’t resist the temptation of a new lipstick (as if it will be transformative or something) and then I usually end up buying the wrong color :o

Books. There are too many books. I still have the Weis and Hickman Dragonlance books I bought as a teenager. There are three books stacked on the arm of the sofa as I type and another 5 stacked on my side of the bed - all are 'in progress'. And I love a dictionary, I still have the dictionary I got as a 16th birthday present. I sometimes sell/re-home business/work type books but the rest, I either haven't finished reading or never know when I might want to read them again (despite the fact there is only one book I have ever read twice).

Too many jeans - blue and black ones! Wide leg, straight leg, flared, in two different sizes for weight fluctuations. Oh, and turtle neck sweaters for the cold winter months!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP