shape
carat
color
clarity

Not including jewelry, what do you own way too much of?

I sew but not enough to justify the amount of high-end fabric I own...

...so of course I just bought more yesterday! But I resisted another one that isn't practical for me right now so that's obviously a win.

I bought this wool/mohair boucle to make a simple cardigan/cape because this is something I can wear in my real life:

1729042354917.png
1729042372811.png

And I resisted buying a stunning floral silk for an evening gown I have no occasion to wear:

1729042442753.png

but I think it's just dying to be made into this vintage pattern:

1729042947728.png

Cats :)

Including the outdoor cats we have over 13 cats

And yes, we consider all of them ours. We love them and consider them family

We trap, neuter, release back to our property and feed and shelter them to the best of our ability (try to shelter them at least and that is another story for another day but we bought new heated shelters and hope they use them)

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.33.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.31.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.31.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.30.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.30.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.29.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.28.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.27.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.27.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.26.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 6.26.03 AM.png

theepeas.png

I love that you made sure everyone’s photo was included

How many pairs of shoes do you think pushes one over the threshold into too many?

I am weak, seriously, I didn’t need another jacket, but it’s my favorite color, my wedding color and I’ve been looking for it for over 5 years :love:

…. ok that’s my last splurge, back to saving for my hgIMG_2865.jpeg

These are all gorgeous!! I have a horrible coat problem myself.. color, fabric, style, season..every year I think, no more!! Just bought a new winter one this week, lol

Clothes, shoes, bags, and linens. I sell a fair amount of things I bought and wore once on Poshmark, but I turn around and buy more. :( I have always been this way, so it’s not likely to change and I’m not really ashamed of it. I have all wood hangers in my closet, a lingerie chest dedicated to bras, and probably fewer shoes than anyone here but it’s still a lot to me.

Oh- is that a great way to store bras? Looking for a good solution there.

Rocks.. but I’m not sure if that counts, so….. plants.
I have an entire 30 gallon fish tank dedicated to just bolbitis and a school of minnows. I also have what’s rapidly closing in on 30 or more pinguicula plants, only hindered because I have a group of nepenthes taking up tray room, and I’m planning a bog for the yard.

Silverplate flatware. I think I have eight sets that aren’t used regularly, including one or two that I don’t consider complete yet? That doesn’t include at least five complete sets that I’ve given away. I’d still be buying more if I were still single! ;-) (My husband likes pretty things too and he does understand my fascination with the stuff. And I have “filled out” the rather paltry set of vintage silverplate he was using when I met him, but still… silverware does take up quite a bit of room, which we don’t have a lot of. And then theres the embarrassment factor.)

Oh, and a subset: silverplate cassserole spoons. I love a nice casserole spoon! We have at least five in our everyday silverware drawer, and there have been occasions where we’ve used all of them, so I could justify one or two more of those!!

Oh, and rocks (@Lentibulariaceae), yarn (@lala646), jeans (@finerthings).

And glassware. I’ve really limited myself here because it takes up so much room, but we have a cupboard full of contemporary and vintage barware at the house I share with hubby, and I have two small sets of needle-etched glassware in my home. I love using the stuff, and I’m just lucky it rarely shows up in thrift shops anymore!

I got into rare variegated plants a few years back and don't have the heart to cull the collection. In the summer I have a breezeway filled with exotic plants. In the winter most of them go into a grow tent with lights and timers and I visit them once a week.

Spices. I have too many spices. A whole cupboard devoted to them.

I got into rare variegated plants a few years back and don't have the heart to cull the collection. In the summer I have a breezeway filled with exotic plants. In the winter most of them go into a grow tent with lights and timers and I visit them once a week.

Spices. I have too many spices. A whole cupboard devoted to them.

What's your favorite? I bought a single node cutting of a monstera albo that ended up rooting well and giving me some leaves, thank goodness! It was a scary to spend to much on a minimally rooted stick :lol: We're up to 5 leaves now including one after a repotting so I think we're safe!

Oops! I forgot to mention haories. Or maybe it’s haori’s? Haori is a Japanese word, and I’m not sure what the correct plural would be. And plural is the operative term here - I have maybe six or seven (?) with another one (or three) on the way.

A haori is a short jacket, usually silk, that’s made to be worn over a kimono. I use mine mostly in lieu of a light jacket or sweater in spring or fall. I also have a closet full of new and vintage kimonos and a few yakutas (cotton kimono-style robes) but for the most these will need to be altered before they can be used. The more formal kimonos have very deep sleeves that make them impractical for any sort of non-ceremonial wear, plus they’re very long since they’re made to be cinched up with an obi (essentially a very wide belt.)

Same. Only I don't live in a house so the living ones are only two.

So instead it's cat mugs, crocheted cats, cat plushies, cat jewellery, lego cats, plastic cat figurines, ceramic cat figurines, glass cat figurines, cat socks, cat pins, cat stickers, cat books, cat-ear head bands, cat puzzles, cat wall decorations, and the most adorable cat silicone coin purse that has replaced my cat wallet.

I am the epitome of a crazy cat lady.

And the things is, I don't even get these things for myself! They're mostly gifts! Well, aside from the crocheted cats, but then, I give most of those away. People just keep giving me cats, and I keep enthusiastically receiving them, so I guess that's just how things are now.

1729200293177.webp
no, not me
1729200345311.jpeg
not quite our spare bedroom
but i look at these pictures as a warning to myself

i have too much to fit into one china cabinet but im trying to be more discerning
i dont think ive brought anything all year !

also i have one wardrobe full of nice coats
even though i hate wearing coats

1729200293177.webp
no, not me
1729200345311.jpeg

i have too much to fit into one china cabinet but im trying to be more discerning

First thought, Daisy! Right after, that's not our young pretty Daisy but holy cow!
I'd like one of King Charles' old coats. I suppose they're hard to come by.

1729200293177.webp
no, not me
1729200345311.jpeg

I knew it wasn't you even before I saw that you said that it wasn't. But keep the photo on the fridge, that way you'll control yourself and not buy too much memorabilia :lol:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP