shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
Merry Christmas Everyone! Hope everyone had a nice holiday. I know I did! On Friday December 17th my boyfriend (now fiance!) surprised me at work with a trip to New York City. His best friend was there videotaping, my managers were in on it and everyone knew for months except me! It was the biggest surprise of my life. I left immediately, he had a taxi waiting downstairs to take us to the airport, he even had my bags packed! We were there for 6 days, stayed in an incredible hotel at 55th and Broadway called Dream Hotel, walking distance to Times Square and Central Park. It was absolutely amazing. He proposed the first night we were there in our hotel room, it was very romantic. I knew the ring would be coming soon b/c we purchased it together months ago but I had no idea the planning that he had put into the event. Now, for all interested in the ring, here are the specs:

Round Brilliant cut
Weight: 0.91ct
Clarity: S1-1
Color: G
Cut: Ideal
Symmetry: Very GoodDiameter: 6.19mm
Depth: 62.4%
Crown: 35.5 15.2%
Pavil: 41.0 43.2%
Table: 3.47mm 56.0%
Cutlet: 0.6% very small

It was purchased from Martin at USAcerted diamonds (www.usacerteddiamonds.com). Here are some pics (hope I do this right!)

Us at Rockerfeller Square.

nyctree.jpg

36.gif
Congrats! What a sweet proposal! And a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
You guys are adorable!
1.gif

It looks HUGE on your finger!!! What''s your ring size?

Oh, and of course, congrats!!!!!!!
36.gif

Wow, it''s a beautiful ring and you two make a darling couple!

Thanks for the compliments! My ring size is 5.5. The ring is beautiful, its so sparkly which of course cant be captured in these pics. Here is one more, I like the side profile (excuse the really bad nails).

ds_sideview.jpg

Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous! And what a romantic proposal...y''all are such a cute couple!!!

Oh how romantic- What a sweet guy.
Best wishes to you both.
Lovely Ring

It''s lovely! And how amazing that so many people still managed to keep it a secret from you!! :)

What a sweet trip he had planned out for you!
16.gif

Very romantic proposal! Congratulations on your engagement!

Congradulations!!! The ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the simple solitare look!!!
Was this a custom setting?
How wide is the band?

In fact it looks very similar to Cartier

Nu, The band is 3mm at the widest part but it tapers inwards. The ring was custom made although we didnt design it ourselves. We chose it from a selection of settings because it was exactly what I had wanted, knife edge and 4 prong. The knife edge is actually a little more subtle than I would have liked but I still love it.

I was in NYC diamond district last month with my friend looking at some settings. There was one setting that really stood out. It looked exactly as yours. I loved it the minute I tried it on. It is simple, elegant, and not exactly the standard tiffany style.
Here is actually a link to a real cartier setting.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bad-pictures.15794/

Wow, it does like a Cartier setting! I guess I have good taste. Haha. ;o)

What a great story, beautiful ring and a wonderful time to be in NYC. Good luck to you both... Abbott

Yes, it is an amazing time to be in NYC. It is my favorite city ever, especially at Christmas. I really wanted too see some snow though while we were there, but then again we werent complaining about the plus 8 degree celcius weather in NY. Especially since we came back to Toronto on Thursday to 20 cm of snow which turned into ice and windchills of -20 celcius!!!
But for anyone thinking of going to NY to propose, go for it! Its perfect.

Congrats on your engagement! And your beautiful ring!

Congrats BG!

I think it''s funny we went to the same dealer and bought the same size diamond! I know my fiancee was very pleased.

Best wishes!

Z.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP