shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC September weather????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I am going to be in NYC for a week starting September 8th.

I have no idea what the weather is like that time of the year,
What to pack....?
I get cold very easy, so I will pack simple little jackets, but other
than that, I have no idea what to expect. Thanks for any help.

Open toe shoes, like nice leather thongs, too casual for shopping???

Early September can be just as gross and humid as August in NY. You definitely want to bring light weight stuff, but throw in a sweater for nights and air-conditioned places. It really doesn''t start getting cool here until late Sept-early Oct.

There can be lots of rain in September, so make sure to have a lightweight jacket and a pair of shoes you don''t want to get ruined since you''ll be doing a lot of walking.

Open toed shoes should be just fine, but you''ll want more coverage in case there''s a cool day and also for night when the temp starts to dip a bit.

I think average here in early Sept is high 60''s to mid-70''s.

Have fun on your trip!
35.gif

September can be funky. If you have Indian summer it can be pretty warm, but it can also get coolish, but not likely that cold. If you do get cold I would bring some layers, cardigans and long sleeves t shirts. But again it could be just lovely, not humid but warm. I also think you tend to walk so much that you need a shoe that can hold up on the sidewalks. I love walking and walking in NYC, it is faster than cabs for the most part and it really is so great for you too!

beebrisk and diamondfan, thanks!

high 60''s and 70''s !! that''s cold for someone living in the swamps of Houston!
I actually thought it might be in the eighties. Guess it could though, huh?

I have nice rubber soled flats that are well broken in. I plan to shop like
a mad woman!

It could very well hit the 80s in NYC in September. Early September will probably still be hot. I would pack tank tops, tshirts, dresses for the length of your stay. Add two or three cardigans and layer if the weather drops, which I doubt it will. One or two little jackets. A few pairs of pants. If you plan to do a lot of walking/shopping...just pack jeans, leggings or shorts. I highly doubt it will hit 60s until late September, if I''m lucky. I hate hot weather, so I know early September is usually still "hot". I define "hot" as 76 degrees and above. I''m pretty sure for the past several years, since 2002...early September is skirts and sandals weather.

open toe sandals would be great for walking around and shopping. Definitely bring sneakers (I don''t support this...but New Yorkers go to the opera and theatre in jeans and sneakers nowadays...so almost anything goes). Also bring something like an ankle bootie that''s comfortable. If you plan to dine out at a nice restaurant, don''t wear jeans and sneakers. That''s a firm no no.

Honestly, unless you plan to go out to bars and clubs at night, don''t bother bringing high heels over 1.5". You''ll be MISERABLE. Cute flats are essential for NYC no matter what the weather.

Yup...What Crown Jewel said!

Bring an outfit, a credit card, and an empty suitcase
9.gif

The weather sounds wonderful to me! I''m used to hot, humid high 90''s well into late Sept.

I won''t be wearing sneakers, but I''m looking for super comfy, padded flats for marathon shopping.
I don''t feel dressed unless I''m in some sort of heel, but I know this is not the time for that.
I''ll save the heels for dinner.

By the way, we are seeing Wicked one night. Any ideas for dinner before hand? Hotel is 52nd and Madison,
is that too far to walk after the show late at night?

Date: 8/14/2008 12:29:38 AM
Author: bebe
The weather sounds wonderful to me! I'm used to hot, humid high 90's well into late Sept.

I won't be wearing sneakers, but I'm looking for super comfy, padded flats for marathon shopping.
I don't feel dressed unless I'm in some sort of heel, but I know this is not the time for that.
I'll save the heels for dinner.

By the way, we are seeing Wicked one night. Any ideas for dinner before hand? Hotel is 52nd and Madison,
Bebe I bought some gorgeous Geox flats to wear around New York. Really stylish have support and are breathable. Here is the web site and they are on sale at there stores. I'll try to find a picture here is their link
http://www.geoxusa.info/
My were in patent and really comfy and fashionable

geoxf.jpg

My hubby loves to walk all over the place, so he would walk home. Would you eat at Jean Georges, not really close to theater though, near Columbus Circle...
I might avoid eating really near the theater as it is more touristy to me but honestly I am not sure what area makes sense to eat in and be able to get to the theater on time. I loved Wicked, enjoy it!

katebar, I just tried that store a few days ago.!! My feet are somewhat narrow (used to be real narrow!) the Geox are a little too wide. I saw a pair from Nurture that I need to go back and try on. I also ordered 2 pairs from Zappos, they are going back... My feet bug the heck out of me, so I need something that I will never "feel". My old trusty Cole Haan Nike black thongs are my stand by. But will they let me in Graff in those, ha ha!!

The weather sounds wonderful to me! I''m used to hot, humid high 90''s well into late Sept.

I won''t be wearing sneakers, but I''m looking for super comfy, padded flats for marathon shopping.

I don''t feel dressed unless I''m in some sort of heel, but I know this is not the time for that.

I''d recommend Babbo. It''s Mario Batali''s restaurant. It''s downtown in the Village, But it is AMAZING!

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Date: 8/14/2008 1:21:44 AM
katebar, I just tried that store a few days ago.!! My feet are somewhat narrow (used to be real narrow!) the Geox are a little too wide. I saw a pair from Nurture that I need to go back and try on. I also ordered 2 pairs from Zappos, they are going back... My feet bug the heck out of me, so I need something that I will never ''feel''. My old trusty Cole Haan Nike black thongs are my stand by. But will they let me in Graff in those, ha ha!!
I have uber narrow feet too! But this style sized down fitted me perfectly.

Date: 8/14/2008 11:31:12 AM
Author: iluvcarats

I''d recommend Babbo. It''s Mario Batali''s restaurant. It''s downtown in the Village, But it is AMAZING!

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
I recommend Blue Hill also in the Village + a really cute little casual restaurant called Gonzo also in the Village

I need a good breakfast place, no way will we pay the outrageous prices for the Omni''s breakfast. !! Need something real close, don''t want to get distracted too early in the day, tee hee!!

Oh, you won''t be cold...every chilly....early Sept is still gross!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP