shape
carat
color
clarity

Obviously Faux Earrings

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore them at one point. I even had a woman say to me “I can tell yours are real just by the way you carry yourself” and they were def not real.

Lab diamonds. Used jewelry. Do things that are smaller and trade up when you make your money!

Anyway, diamonds are diamonds are diamonds. Take care!

I mix all the time!

For the recently commissioned pieces with natural CSs, I would use LGDs instead of natural/EMDs to save on cost. Still made in 14K WG though.

For the lesser CSs and lab CSs, I would use Moissanite and Rhodium-plated Silver to save on cost.

On a day to day basis, I wear a costume tennis bracelet in Rhodium-plated Silver with Swarovski Zirconia instead of my natural/EMDs one so that I don't have to baby it.

Some earrings are stimulants or LGDs.

I shan't buy stimulants or LGDs so big that are beyond my reach. That's just me.

And my 1.19ct E VS1 EC is the stone that rules them all - nothing can be bigger than that for diamonds (both natural and lab) or stimulants.

Bear in mind that I am in UK, and over 0.5ct is considered to be big!

If I need to bling up, I wear my nicer CS rings.

DK :))

I mix all the time!

For the recently commissioned pieces with natural CSs, I would use LGDs instead of natural/EMDs to save on cost. Still made in 14K WG though.

I often use lab diamonds for custom-cut side stones/melee.

IMG_0104.jpeg

Also, I’m happy mixing cheap stacking rings with not-so-cheap custom rings.

IMG_2164.jpeg

(The step cuts on the bigger ring are lab, too.)

I loved the dainty rose gold ring craze but did not want to spend $$$. Amazon was fine for those rings. I wear the cheap dainty rose gold rings with more expensive rings all the time.

IMG_0294.jpeg

I even have a ring where the cost of the custom cut earth-grown side stones drove the choice to use a lab-grown center stone.

For the lesser CSs and lab CSs, I would use Moissanite and Rhodium-plated Silver to save on cost.

Am considering using a moissanite for a ring in a setting that I have always wanted.

On a day to day basis, I wear a costume tennis bracelet in Rhodium-plated Silver with Swarovski Zirconia instead of my natural/EMDs one so that I don't have to baby it.

I love my hematite and fake amethyst because they really set off the lab diamond tennis bracelet.

IMG_6564.jpeg

Some earrings are stimulants or LGDs.

I shan't buy stimulants or LGDs so big that are beyond my reach. That's just me.

And my 1.19ct E VS1 EC is the stone that rules them all - nothing can be bigger than that for diamonds (both natural and lab) or stimulants.

Bear in mind that I am in UK, and over 0.5ct is considered to be big!

If I need to bling up, I wear my nicer CS rings.

DK :))

I prefer smaller stones for daily wear so if I want a bigger stone for occasional wear, lab grown all the way.

I've heard stage whispers about my jewelry...lol I have no problem with it and in fact, will never correct someone if they think its fake. Better they think its fake honestly.

I wore them at one point. I even had a woman say to me “I can tell yours are real just by the way you carry yourself” and they were def not real.

Lab diamonds. Used jewelry. Do things that are smaller and trade up when you make your money!

Anyway, diamonds are diamonds are diamonds. Take care!

id want to tell that lady to F off because she is implying less confident people or just people having a bad day wear lesser jewellery but i guess she ment it to you as a compliment

id want to tell that lady to F off because she is implying less confident people or just people having a bad day wear lesser jewellery but i guess she ment it to you as a compliment

She may have meant it as a compliment, I’m really not sure. It’s hard to tell at times whether people are being sincere, depending on the context/situation.

I purchased a lab OEC about a year or so ago, and I’m just now getting around to having it set. I’m planning to bezel it and stack it with my emerald ring I had made back in 2022. I’ll start a thread soon in the lab forum. Excited!

There was a really controversial comment thread on reddit about lab diamonds that got downvoted into oblivion and I can't find it now, but it was something like "I don't need to ask if something is lab or not because I can tell by the kind of person you are". Unnecessarily rude, I think!

I offered my good friend a pair of my earrings to borrow for her wedding and she was like 'oh maybe! they're super pretty! I assume they aren't real, but are they?' so I awkwardly had to tell her that they were natural diamonds and she panicked about the perceived value. I think she just assumes that natural diamonds cost a fortune -- despite being highly-paid. Her engagement ring is moissanite but wasn't cheap, she just has no concept of the cost of jewelry. I think most people don't.

My aunt’s best friend was into diamonds (unbeknownst to me), and when she saw my 2ct. transitional diamond, she grabbed my hand, and said it must have cost a fortune. It was large for the area she lived in. This was years ago.

We were with my aunt and my mom, and I didn’t want a fuss. It’s an old diamond, and wasn’t a fortune (to me), but might have been to her? So I told her it was faux. She gave me side-eye, and didn’t believe me for a heartbeat. :bigsmile: So I just told her that I’d got it for an incredible deal (which was true), and she was happy with that. :D

People will think what they want. Context affects their thinking. Common sense.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP