shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval 5 carat Lab Grown diamond

harprit

Rough_Rock
Hi guys. My partner and I are looking for a loose diamond to purchase for my engagement ring. I found the site 77 diamonds and have my eyes set on this diamond. I have the cert and the image below. I am aware that there are inclusions but so long as it's not visible to the naked eye it does not matter to me as much. I've been told that sometimes these diamonds have a brown tinge but isn't that why there is a colour grade on the cert? Please help as I am confused and worried that this is too good to be true. The price point is about 2000 euros. IMG_5449.png

Attachments

• IMG_5448.png
    IMG_5448.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5447.png
    IMG_5447.png
    279.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5446.png
    IMG_5446.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 11
I’m not sure about the bow tie on this one. I’m also not an oval experts.

I have trouble getting the link to specific stones on 77diamonds, but I think I like these two better. But the 5.09 doesn’t have a video.

@tyty333, aren’t you one of our oval experts? Can you help?

IMG_0376.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpeg
    IMG_0375.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1
Following along! I haven't heard of this website but browsing around, the prices are great for labs. I'm interested to hear how your transaction goes and seeing your diamond once it's in hand!

It's a European site which is better for customers over there.

I’m not sure about the bow tie on this one. I’m also not an oval experts.

I have trouble getting the link to specific stones on 77diamonds, but I think I like these two better. But the 5.09 doesn’t have a video.

@tyty333, aren’t you one of our oval experts? Can you help?

IMG_0376.jpeg

Thank you for your reply. Assuming that one of these diamonds are chosen, are the certs a reflection of the diamond quality? Or is there something else that isn't being pointed out for wholesale diamonds such as these?

What good timing!

Last edited:
Without videos it's really hard to tell what's going on. I didn't see videos for either of these stones.

There are/can be things going on in lab stones that are not spelled out in the lab report; blue nuance, brown nuance, and
striations to name a few. Other PSers are better at "seeing" lab issues than I am. I look more at the cut. Both these stones
have the same faceting pattern but without videos cant tell which may be "better" cut than the other.

@tyty333, the 77diamonds site is so tricky.
Here's the video for the 5.03 EVS2 I picked. I don't see blue nuance or tinge. Would love your thoughts!

Also, the price seems to have dropped over the weekend.
https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG644430810

The second one has to me uneven faceting that I think will be a bow tie when the facets are “off”

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP