shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval diamond black crystal/spec ok or pass?

Gosh so much great information I will have to reread a few times! Lol

Yes we had a ring trade in so I’m buying from here
I’m trying to go for bigger size 2carat+
Ratio of 1.50-155 ideally 1.54

Not a lot of warmth

I wish I could share those videos but since I have them pulled they had to take them off the website I cannot share a link to that type of video

What is your out of pocket cost for these stones? Honestly Kays is not a vendor we ever recommend. I might not be surprised if you can get something better for just the price they are charging for the upgrade difference.

+1
I'd stay away from Kay's.

Briangavindiamonds has some very well cut branded Ovals.

No bowties.

No, I don't get anything from him for the recommendation.

I would make sure you shop other vendors. You may be able to sell it outright, or trade in at another vendor.

What is your out of pocket cost for these stones? Honestly Kays is not a vendor we ever recommend. I might not be surprised if you can get something better for just the price they are charging for the upgrade difference.

This makes me so sad I did a trade in for ring and now I’m stuck with them

I would make sure you shop other vendors. You may be able to sell it outright, or trade in at another vendor.

But I should look for a good enough diamond to be able to sell right. Where can I look to sell? Gosh this sucks I traded in my first engagement ring so I’m stuck with them

What about this that another person posted

But I should look for a good enough diamond to be able to sell right. Where can I look to sell? Gosh this sucks I traded in my first engagement ring so I’m stuck with them

If you recently traded it in, can you back out? We have a place here where we buy and sell, also ebay with authenticators. Not sure how much credit we're talking? Can we look for apples to apples diamond prices?

If you recently traded it in, can you back out? We have a place here where we buy and sell, also ebay with authenticators. Not sure how much credit we're talking? Can we look for apples to apples diamond prices?

It’s $6k trade in value we had gotten one diamond and when we recieved it the whole setting was wrong I sent it back they failed to fix the setting how I wanted and that’s when I said you know what I need to start the process all over again with you guys now I’m having the same issues

Those videos you took are not good for analyzing the cut of a stone. Too far away, arent moved the way we like to see them moved,
and too short to be useful.

We want to see videos like this...up close where we can turn the stone and watch how the facets react.

My advice...look for a 6 main or an 8 main stone with the arrows going through the center of the stone. They are both
few and far between but in general, tend to have better light return in my experience. A 4 main may also interest you.
What you are looking at are 8 mains offset from the center of the stone. That is what creates the V cut outs on both
sides (which turn dark in bright light).

You can see how many mains a stone has by looking at the pavilion view clarity plot on the GIA report.

Here is a 6 main stone (ignore color, clarity etc...just look at faceting pattern)

8 main with arrows going through the center of the stone

Here is a good looking 8 main with the arrows offset from the center.

You want to see the facets under the table flashing on and off as you slowly rock the stone. There are "mushy" areas
in most ovals. They are grayish and the facets are not very well defined. For 8 main offset stones, the brown area is where
you have to worry about mushy facets.
marked up.png

For example, this stone has too much mush (leakage)
oval 3.png

This stone has distinct facets that will flash as the stone turns
oval.png

Hope this helps!

BTW...are you working with a company that is on-line? If so, we can see what that vendor has that looks good if
you give us your desired specs/budget.

WOW! You explained that so perfectly! :love: I’ve loved ovals for ages but I don’t know much about cutting, light leakage, angles, and all that jazz. Every time I pop in here, I get overwhelmed with it all. I’ll admit it, Rocky Talk scares the sh*t out of me. Y’all are intimidating AF. :shock::shifty:

Anyways, I’m really impressed with how well you explained it. So well, that people who don’t know much about diamonds can actually understand what to look for and why. You could write a book! Diamonds for Dummies. I am the dummy. The dummy is me. :lol:

And just in case you think I’m being facetious, I literally bookmarked this so I could find it again.

*Sorry for the thread derailment.

BFA3A43E-2B63-4CCA-AC52-8CD0D75E15C7.png

Attachments

• D1F5A287-FBF8-41A4-9BCE-8029D14EF7C4.png
    D1F5A287-FBF8-41A4-9BCE-8029D14EF7C4.png
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 81383FD5-E78B-4625-A4A7-FE3B5CAD80EB.jpeg
    81383FD5-E78B-4625-A4A7-FE3B5CAD80EB.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 10
Gosh so much great information I will have to reread a few times! Lol

Yes we had a ring trade in so I’m buying from here
I’m trying to go for bigger size 2carat+
Ratio of 1.50-155 ideally 1.54

Not a lot of warmth

You're using Kay jewelers? Do you have to? They are awful. Prices are inflated and the quality of stones is atrocious.

Exactly

It’s $6k trade in value we had gotten one diamond and when we recieved it the whole setting was wrong I sent it back they failed to fix the setting how I wanted and that’s when I said you know what I need to start the process all over again with you guys now I’m having the same issues

Oh God. Pleaee just run from them. Can't you get any refund?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP