shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls on guys?

000Ed

Shiny_Rock
2 of my friends asked if I have any pearls I said no. they said I should get some and they had seen some guys wearing them. I have never before but sparked the idea. I found these cheap white studs (not pearls) wore last week never posted. maybe they are on to something? maybe its worth getting some?DSCN6332.jpg

Traditionally, pearls were actually a very masculine item! Only around the 19th or 20th century (I believe) did pearls eventually catch on with the ladies. The more famous examples were wealthy Romans, the 16th century Indian Mughal empire’s emperors, and Chinese royals in 2300 BC.

Also, shiny things are for everyone. We are all magpies, at heart.

Traditionally, pearls were actually a very masculine item! Only around the 19th or 20th century (I believe) did pearls eventually catch on with the ladies. The more famous examples were wealthy Romans, the 16th century Indian Mughal empire’s emperors, and Chinese royals in 2300 BC.

Also, shiny things are for everyone. We are all magpies, at heart.

good to know! I like shiny things just as much as the ladies do haha

For an everyday wear I personally prefer freshwater pearls. They’re a heck of a lot more affordable, and have a softer lustre than salties, but that’s 100% a personal choice. Both are lovely.

For an everyday wear I personally prefer freshwater pearls. They’re a heck of a lot more affordable, and have a softer lustre than salties, but that’s 100% a personal choice. Both are lovely.

thanks for the info I know nothing of pearls. I may look into some affordable ones. may be a nice going out/date night more classy look

I noticed Justin Timberlake wearing pearls while discussing his DUI charge today
Screenshot_20240913-204051~2.png

+1 for Tahitian pearls on men! American sprinter/Olympian Noah Lyles also wears pearls, around his neck and in his hair. And I recently had a strand of pearls strung by a local jeweler and they told me they sell a lot of pearls to the football players at the nearby high school, LOL. Mikimoto has some great inspo of men wearing pearls in their ads (though they are a very, very pricey brand).

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP