shape
carat
color
clarity

Places to buy black opals?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
After watching the movie "Uncut Gems" and getting inspired by @missy's black opal Cartier ring, I wanted to see where I can find/buy black opals?

Black opals are found at Lightning Ridge Australia.
Black opals can be very very expensive, Missys opal is in a league of its own. It’s a stunner, the best I’ve ever seen.
I follow on YouTube a guy called Justin from a company called Black Opal Direct. Search Black Opal Direct. He has a website too. He’s a cutter and also sells gems. It’s worthwhile watching his videos, he’s a great guy and it’s very interesting to watch and learn.

I have bought black opals from Black Opal Direct and M’s Opal World. Both are fantastic vendors with whom I had wonderful experiences - helpful and educational. The owner of M’s is also a PSer - @jordyonbass ::)

I got my first black Opal via Opal Auctions, it is a doublet.

DK :))

If anyone has photos of their black opal jewelry, I'd love to see them!

Black opals are found at Lightning Ridge Australia.
Black opals can be very very expensive, Missys opal is in a league of its own. It’s a stunner, the best I’ve ever seen.
I follow on YouTube a guy called Justin from a company called Black Opal Direct. Search Black Opal Direct. He has a website too. He’s a cutter and also sells gems. It’s worthwhile watching his videos, he’s a great guy and it’s very interesting to watch and learn.

I love his YouTube channel. He did a recut & polish video and I could not take my eyes away.

Personally when I caught the black opal "bug", I quickly realized I wasn't able to afford the stones I wanted. So I decided to get some affordable doublets from respected vendors and am very happy with my decision. Bergelund opals on FB is super nice and his doublets and beautiful and very fairly priced.

That opal is stunning, however very expensive!

:wavey: Yep - what a stunner! Honestly it's expensive for a reason. It's huge, perfectly polished, a rare stone and has a wonderful pattern & distribution of colour. Check out some of Justin's educational videos too.

@missy Cartier ring is truly one-of-a-kind :love: so unless you are very wealthy...perhaps start with doing plenty of research so you can get a feel for opal pricing. Try smaller opals or doublets to fit your budget.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP