shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find 1 ctw diamond studs

Probee

Rough_Rock
Hello,

My mom’s birthday is coming and I’m thinking about getting her a pair of diamond earrings.

Budget $2000 with or without setting
Earth mined
0.5 ct each or larger
GH or better
SI1 or better
I’m thinking of getting them from blue Nile but open to other vendors

Thank you so much in advance!

I know that even with the wire price these diamonds exceed your budget. I was looking at Whiteflash for some pairs but saw this pair of diamonds. They are so well matched in cut specs and appearance; I just wanted you to see them! We will keep looking!

Omg, I didn’t get to see them. Someone snatched them. Thank you regardless.

Would you consider going up in color (I?) or down in size? I am also not finding what you want in your budget. At about $2,500, I think you could do it. If you are comfortable with $2,000 for the stones then extra for setting, as you said, maybe $2,500 would work for the whole package?

Another option would be to contact Whiteflash and see what they could get for you in your budget, maybe not an ACA but Expert Selection? As long as they helped vet the stone, it would still be a good choice, and cheaper than ACAs.
1724253919802.png

If you are open to old cuts and buying on eBay, these are great and I would buy them if I had the money (but I’m saving for something else). Another PSer said the vendor is good to work with. For this price you could set them into lovely mounts and still be well under budget.

I don't want to post these because I would much rather buy them for myself, but this is a very good price for a matched pair of well cut old cuts. I've found cheaper, but not by much and not a pair. Based on measurements I'd bet they are closer to 1.1-1.2cttw. $999

1724182321938.png

If you are open to old cuts and buying on eBay, these are great and I would buy them if I had the money (but I’m saving for something else). Another PSer said the vendor is good to work with. For this price you could set them into lovely mounts and still be well under budget.
Those are lovely. I would get them if they were for me. My mom lean mind clean even though she may not be able to tell the difference between PS ideal versus GIA XXX. As such, I’m thinking GIA from blue Nile with PS parameters and eyes are more than adequate. I hear so many great things about Whiteflash but them not working with me to set the ACA stone I bought from PS member here gave me pause.

Would you consider going up in color (I?) or down in size? I am also not finding what you want in your budget. At about $2,500, I think you could do it. If you are comfortable with $2,000 for the stones then extra for setting, as you said, maybe $2,500 would work for the whole package?

Another option would be to contact Whiteflash and see what they could get for you in your budget, maybe not an ACA but Expert Selection? As long as they helped vet the stone, it would still be a good choice, and cheaper than ACAs.
1724253919802.png

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into it and consider them.

Have you spoken to Leslie at BGD?

Yes, I saw that. Will keep looking.

There may have been another one that was a good match so check. I will when I have time too.

OP
When I was shopping for studs for my daughter I had Leslie at BGD put together pairs for me. We ended up buying them years ago and to this date my daughter still comments how sparkly and how elegant they look. Sometime after the purchase I bought her the Fiore jackets, it makes them wear bigger and unusual. You probably will not find another person wearing them in a group of friends of yours. They are unique. Best of luck and enjoy the journey.

I also bought her pearl studs and she uses the jackets for them also, they look so cool.

Last edited:
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP