shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me picking up Oval engagement ring

BPerl

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I have to purchase a engagement ring and even though I love round brilliant, I'm leaning toward Oval diamond with Pave setting like the attached pictures.
I'm planning to purchase the diamond and the ring from Loose Grown diamonds because of the value & reputation.

I looked up the inventory at LGD ( https://www.loosegrowndiamond.com/inventory/ ) and the prices for 'Ideal' cut Ovals are all over the place.
From what I read, I understand Cut is the most important factor for the Ovals, especially to eliminate the Bow tie and for maximum brilliance.

I'm familiar with Brilliant /Ideal/ H&A cut with Round stones with HCA numbers...I'm very new to Ovals.
I read that ratio closer to 1.5 would be ideal for Ovals, however, I'm not sure about how to evaluate & pick the best Oval diamond for the budget.

Following is what I'm looking for -
  • Budget is not a concern and I can spend anywhere from $3K - $10K USD (if the diamond is really worth)
  • Cut: Ideal/Best - Most important
  • Carat: I'm thinking 8-9 carat or bigger would be good
  • Color: G/H or better
  • Clarity: VS1/VS2 or better

I do not want to compromise on the Cut or ideal ratio of the diamond.
I realize I have a wide range for budget, but I value money, so I'm willing to go down a bit on the color & clarity for the bigger size/carat diamond.
I'm still researching the ideal setting for Oval e ring, but would appreciate any suggestion for setting / type of ring.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello,
I have narrowed down 3 Ovals in the 8 carat size. I have attached the IGI reports of these along with the 360 video.

Can you please review and advise me which one to choose.

1) 8.01 carats ; G VS1; L/W 1.51

2) 8.30 carats; F VS1; L/W 1.43

3) 8.00 carats; E VS1; L/W 1.45

Really appreciate your help & advice.

Attachments

• Oval_8.01.PNG
    Oval_8.01.PNG
    170.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Oval_8.3.PNG
    Oval_8.3.PNG
    168.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Oval_8.PNG
    Oval_8.PNG
    168 KB · Views: 6
These 3 all have the same faceting pattern so will look somewhat similar. Ask the vendor for aset images and post if you can
get them (probably cant though).

I would say probably not the second stone because as it turns it is showing some black under the table. Not bad, just more compared
to the other two.

Is this stone for you or your GF? Are you sure she wants this big of a stone?

You can use the following link to get a relative size picture of how big these stones would be on her size finger.

These 3 all have the same faceting pattern so will look somewhat similar. Ask the vendor for aset images and post if you can
get them (probably cant though).

I would say probably not the second stone because as it turns it is showing some black under the table. Not bad, just more compared
to the other two.

Is this stone for you or your GF? Are you sure she wants this big of a stone?

You can use the following link to get a relative size picture of how big these stones would be on her size finger.

I will request the Aset images from the vendor, but I doubt they will have it.
Even JamesAllen never provided Aset images for the stones I've purchased from them.

This stone is for my wife. Right now she has Natural 2.51 carat round brilliant and I wanted to give this bigger ring as a gift for our 10 year anniversary.

I never thought from the perspective of it the stone would be too big. Thanks for the stone/ring size link. It's very helpful.
I wasn't sure how the ring size would look on her, so took a tape and was measuring her finger :)

I was inspired by the below video and I really liked the ring.

Please see the attached pictures.

Thanks for your response!

Attachments

• Oval_8-1.PNG
    Oval_8-1.PNG
    768.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Oval_8-2.PNG
    Oval_8-2.PNG
    268.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Oval_8-3.PNG
    Oval_8-3.PNG
    903.1 KB · Views: 6