shape
carat
color
clarity

Pools of Light...finally found one!

I had a Pools of Light deco era necklace about a decade ago. The necklace had two-three orbs that had a small hairline crack. I ended up selling it - but got more for it in pieces that selling the necklace as a whole. Noone yell at me :), but I took it apart and sold the orbs separately.
I kept one orb -

IMG_4868 (1).jpgIMG_4872.jpg

Last edited:
I had a Pools of Light deco era necklace about a decade ago. The necklace had two-three orbs that had a small hairline crack. I ended up selling it - but got more for it in pieces that selling the necklace as a whole. Noone yell at me :), but I took it apart and sold the orbs separately.
I kept one orb -

IMG_4868 (1).jpgIMG_4872.jpg
Ooh love the floral details on your beads!

Expensive but pretty
Thank you @lovedogs ! Those are so pretty! I actually have no idea how much these “should cost” and I’ve only been turned onto them recently, so I guess ignorance is bliss in my case :P2

Finally, after all these years of looking!
It's just one , but I'll take it!

In a thrift store, attached to a freshwater pearl and blue dyed bead strand.
I immediately liberated it from the bead strand.
I attached a rutilated quartz bead as a connector to the chain. Y'know, keeping with the rock crystal theme.
I think it's better now!
IMG_20240727_171416929.jpg

IMG_20240728_145053591.jpg

IMG_20240728_151717171.jpg

a question i have
do you think this was part of a longer necklace that had been sold orb at a time ?

there is something magical, almost fairy tale about these things, the more i see them the more in love with them i get

what was their historical era ?
and when/ why did they go out of fashion that makes them so hard to find?
does anyone make new ones ?

Shorter than the current one (this is 30”). I’m hoping to layer them like this:
IMG_9351.jpegIMG_9350.jpeg
:kiss2:
in my dreams
i can see why you want to go after this look
god luck and keep us posted on your Acquisitions

a question i have
do you think this was part of a longer necklace that had been sold orb at a time ?

Probably, because there were two loops soldered to either end of it. So it was connected on either side to the rest of the necklace.
Too bad it wasn't a whole necklace! Maybe one day I'll find one out there in a thrift shop or yard sale!

Probably, because there were two loops soldered to either end of it. So it was connected on either side to the rest of the necklace.
Too bad it wasn't a whole necklace! Maybe one day I'll find one out there in a thrift shop or yard sale!

i have to admit twice last week i looked casually at a rack of old necklaces at the salvation army shop (i missed my bus and had to walk up the hill) and a brief glance at a botiquey kind of 2nd hand shop that by town does very
every thing was plastic (and not bakealte either)
i did wonder if one day by necklaces will end up hanging on a rack like that :(2

i have to admit twice last week i looked casually at a rack of old necklaces at the salvation army shop (i missed my bus and had to walk up the hill) and a brief glance at a botiquey kind of 2nd hand shop that by town does very
every thing was plastic (and not bakealte either)
i did wonder if one day by necklaces will end up hanging on a rack like that :(2

I think my old jewelry will be there, too!
I tell DH that when I die, he should sell all my stuff to my favorite pawn shop.

I recently gave several boxes of dishes and other trinkets to an animal charity thrift store. It was weird seeing my old stuff on their shelves with price tags on them!
I had to resist buying them back:lol-2:

I think my old jewelry will be there, too!
I tell DH that when I die, he should sell all my stuff to my favorite pawn shop.

I recently gave several boxes of dishes and other trinkets to an animal charity thrift store. It was weird seeing my old stuff on their shelves with price tags on them!
I had to resist buying them back:lol-2:

well thats a good cause
so long as they go to someone who will love them and the animals get descent money for them

That is GORGEOUS, what a statement piece.
Thank you! I love it!

Gorgeous! So beautiful!
Be careful ..when sun hits them, they may sting your neck. They concentrate sunlight onto your skin!
Thank you again for introducing these to me @stracci2000 ! I have to keep that in mind, I already got a teeny burning feeling on my neck when I was trying to take photos in the sun!

dont forget to pack this for your stay on ban island
i want to see it on !
Hahaha yes I will enjoy this thoroughly on Ban Island :lol:

Are these pool of light strands heavy? They look beautiful...and like they might be pretty weighty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results