shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof I'm easily amused, and not too quick.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've watched the entire Netflix series, The Crown" twice.
It's so well made and ... yes ... I know not everything in it is true.
It's not a documentary.
Netflix says it's a drama.

While there are too many now-classic scenes to list, one kept haunting, especially when drifting off to sleep.

Now on my 3rd viewing, I paused it after the scene above in the episode about Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (deftly nailed by Gillian Anderson and the makeup, costume, hairstyling, crews, and a pallet of 64 cases of Aqua Net!) :lol-2:

MT.jpg

In the scene, "The Iron Lady" reluctantly, resentfully, but dutifully visits the Royal Family's remote Balmoral castle in the Scottish countryside, where there is a long family tradition to subject visitors to a series of rather unkind "tests" ... actually some are very unkind.

One test is a drinking game, "Ibble Dibbles".
Apparently the PM received no prior instruction regarding the game's rules.
So she sat politely, expected to pick up the rules by paying close attention as the royals played.

In my first two viewings this odd scene went by so fast, and was so off the wall, I didn't bother to stop it, rewind, and figure out the rules of the game.
For some reason I assumed the game would be one of complex strategy, like those of chess or Go, and would be over my head.
Silly me. :oops:

But this time I had to stop and figure the game out; but I wasn't sure I could.
When I viewed the scene on YT, I was surprised to get it right away.

Now, the game is so simple as to be obvious, and I'm embarrassed I didn't get it on my first viewing.
When it's Thatcher's turn she nails it.
The royals seem surprised, if not annoyed ... especially Princess Anne.
They wanted to pwn her, but she pwned them.

So, how would you do if you were sitting on that sofa and unfamiliar with this game?

Last edited:
I don't even remember this scene in the series! I got the ibble-dibble vs dibble-ibble thing right away, but what I didn't decipher from this scene is how the riddling ibble chooses the next ibble.

Thank you for giving me a reason to go back and watch the Crown again. I literally just said to my husband this weekend that after Downton Abbey and the Crown, I am dying for another British historical drama. I don’t know if it’s post Covid or my underlying anxiety, but I do not enjoy crime dramas or procedurals anymore.

I had forgotten that scene!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP