shape
carat
color
clarity

Question and Answer thread

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1314617700|3004345 said:
What is one thing most people don't know about you?

This is a toss up for me: it's either that I hold a grudge forever if you've angered/hurt me badly enough to get to a certain point (as a result of a serious but mainly dormant temper) or that fact that I'm ridiculously hypersensitive about being wanted/included by friends, family, SO, colleagues. I don't know, maybe everyone I know actually is aware of these things and I'm terrible at hiding them? This makes me sound like a super fun person, doesn't it? :wacko:

If we all have to end up like our parents, what is one thing you'd really want to be like that one of them was?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

That I don't ever plan on having children. I feel very strongly about this, but only a few people know this about me. I've heard all of the reasons 'to' have a child, and I'm not convinced it's for me. In fact, I'm quite convinced it would make me horribly depressed.

Did your life turn out how you planned when you were younger?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1314626722|3004421 said:

That I don't ever plan on having children. I feel very strongly about this, but only a few people know this about me. I've heard all of the reasons 'to' have a child, and I'm not convinced it's for me. In fact, I'm quite convinced it would make me horribly depressed.

In many ways, yes. The characteristics of my life are what I had planned but the specifics (where I live, which schools I went to) were not.

If you could go back in time and say one thing to yourself when you were a kid what would it be?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
centralsquare|1314627249|3004428 said:
rubybeth|1314626722|3004421 said:

In many ways, yes. The characteristics of my life are what I had planned but the specifics (where I live, which schools I went to) were not.

If you could go back in time and say one thing to yourself when you were a kid what would it be?

One day you will grow up and move past what was done to you. Sometimes it will hurt, but most days will be happy ones. Don't wait for that time - work on letting go now.

If you died tomorrow, could you look back on your life and be happy with the overall choices that you have made?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
If you died tomorrow, could you look back on your life and be happy with the overall choices that you have made?

yes. Although I'd like to stay around because there are still things I'd like to accomplish.

What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment? Not what others view as your biggest, but your own opinion.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
What do you feel is your biggest accomplishment? Not what others view as your biggest, but your own opinion.

Biggest accomplishment was surviving crappy jobs, and finding happiness in life, despite being miserable for 9 hrs of the day. Being able to support my family in their time of need without burdening my family (picked up contract work). And helping "even-keel" my DH when his family (mostly his sister) drives him up the wall.

Which person had the most influence on you in your life?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Which person had the most influence on you in your life?

My grandmother. She survived the Holocaust and has been an inspiration in how to bring joy to a life in ways many couldn't. I think she has defined who I am and what I want in life.

What quality do you tend to most admire in others?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Novel|1314631658|3004494 said:

The ability to be humble. I didn't get a lot of attention growing up and I feel the need to publicize what I have got. No one ever mentioned to me that this is a bad quality of mine, but I hate that I feel the need to do it.

What's the biggest thing you've had to overcome in your life?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Confidence/self-assuredness.

What would be your dream job?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Porridge|1314632242|3004503 said:
Confidence/self-assuredness.

What would be your dream job?

My dream job would be one of two things. A) I would be the breeding manager for a large scale thoroughbred or arabian farm, and I'd get to still live where I do and I'd make good money at it.

B) Surgeon.

I'm pretty sure I'll be stopping with nurse and nutritionist though. ;-)

Where would be the perfect place to you to live?

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Where would be the perfect place to you to live?

I'd love to live back in my home country, Honduras! If it wasn't for all the criminality, I'd move there in a heartbeat to be close to my parents and family.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Speak foreign languages. I love to travel, so I'd love to be able to pick up the native tongue of any country. Kind of like the "babelfish" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Bonus answer, from Porridge's "what would be your dream job?" My dream job would be travel show hostess. See above line about my love of travel. If I could go all around the world as a tourist and spending someone else's money? My *dream* job!

Question: If you could spend 1 yr of your life doing whatever you wanted, and not have to worry about making an income, where you'll live, etc, what would you do & why?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1314637308|3004574 said:

Speak foreign languages. I love to travel, so I'd love to be able to pick up the native tongue of any country. Kind of like the "babelfish" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Bonus answer, from Porridge's "what would be your dream job?" My dream job would be travel show hostess. See above line about my love of travel. If I could go all around the world as a tourist and spending someone else's money? My *dream* job!

Question: If you could spend 1 yr of your life doing whatever you wanted, and not have to worry about making an income, where you'll live, etc, what would you do & why?

I would get heavily involved in animal rescue. It is my dream job, however there's not a big market for paid rescue jobs. I would particularly focus on rehabbing bully breeds and reaching out to the community. My city would be a fine place to do it, as there are an overwhelming amount of animals in need everywhere.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! Forgot to ask a question!

What piece of jewelry in your jewelry box do you have the most sentimental attachment to and why?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
ChloeTheGreat|1314639558|3004598 said:
What piece of jewelry in your jewelry box do you have the most sentimental attachment to and why?

My wedding band for what it symbolizes in terms of the commitment of marriage. It's just a plain band buy I cherish it.

What is one memory you wish you can forget?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
What is one memory you wish you could forget?

The worst memory of my life caused me lots of pain for lots of years. I still have dreams about it and I would do anything to forget it ever happened. My dad was beating my mom up, I grabbed the phone and sneaked behind the couch to dial 911 but my dad found me. He took the phone cord and tied my mom up with it. She had just gotten out of the shower so she was naked and hogtied on the bed and I was desperately trying to keep my little sisters away so they couldn't see it. My dad has changed a lot since then and has become a decent man for the most part. But, this most vivid memory keeps me from letting him get to close to me or my kids.

What has been your biggest daily struggle?

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Not being so hard on myself.

If you could be a teacher of something what would it be and why.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
butterflyblue|1314641583|3004619 said:

As very not-me as it sounds, if I could pick a subject to teach it would be arts & crafts. I am pretty much the least creative person I know and really don't care for much "art" but I loved the arts & crafts class I taught one summer. It was so much fun coming up with projects for the kids in each age group and watching them enjoy themselves.

If you could spend one more day with a friend or relative who has died, what would you do and why?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1314644044|3004644 said:

As very not-me as it sounds, if I could pick a subject to teach it would be arts & crafts. I am pretty much the least creative person I know and really don't care for much "art" but I loved the arts & crafts class I taught one summer. It was so much fun coming up with projects for the kids in each age group and watching them enjoy themselves.

If you could spend one more day with a friend or relative who has died, what would you do and why?

I'd choose my great grandmother, and I'd choose to spend it with her at this age so I could tell her everything I've overcome, and how her memory has helped me to keep pushing forward so that I might make her proud.

What song do you relate to most and why?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Bo, my friend who was tragically killed when we were 17.

I would just want to spend more time with him, talk to him more about life...he was so smart, so full of life, and he had the most contagious laugh and smile...I'd do anything in the world for just one more day with him.

How did you find PS?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

With my grandmother.

She passed away a few weeks ago (she was elderly and grew up with poor nutrition, and had been suffering from a variety of lung illnesses for many years, so it wasn't exactly a surprise). I was going to take DH to India to meet her, she apparently was thrilled and enjoyed our photos and videos very much.

When I was younger we'd call India and talk to all of my family there once a week. I'm ashamed to admit that I always looked for ways to avoid that phone call - she and others only spoke Tamil, my Tamil, whilst fluent, has always been very accented, and they always teased me about it - perhaps good-naturedly, but I was always too proud to look past that. Now she's gone, and I can only wonder how many stories I missed out on.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did you find ps??

I found it by googling for images of under 1 ct stones. I had no idea what ct weights translated to in size and I was pretty sure my BF would get me about 1 ct. I was wrong with my guess but I found this site.

Repeating an unanswered question: what song do you most relate to?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Nightingale by Yanni. It touches me every time I listen to it. Stars and Stripes Forever and Jupiter make it a three way tie.

What piece of technology is present in your life today that as a child would have seemed like something from the twilight zone?

I hope that makes sense!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1314650514|3004751 said:
What piece of technology is present in your life today that as a child would have seemed like something from the twilight zone?

All of them! But most of all, the iPad, probably.

If you could have one famous piece of jewelry, what would it be?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
The Krupp diamond ring.

What is your favourite way to exercise?

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
What is your favourite way to exercise?

Figure skating! So much fun ::)

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
The hardest thing I've ever done was to distance myself from my parents to protect my daughters and myself. I still struggle with it pretty much daily.

If you could learn another language, what would it be?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Italian. So I can go there and get loads of recipes from darling Italian grandmas and eat myself stupid. :)

What was the dumbest thing you ever did in your youth?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1314660868|3004897 said:
What was the dumbest thing you ever did in your youth?

Ride a bike without a helmet. They didn't do that when I was younger.

If you could be doing anything right now, what it would be?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
If you could be doing anything right now, what it would be?

I would love to be out on the patio with my husband and a glass of wine. But, he's about to go to bed because he needs to be to work at 4am.

Do you say hello to strangers?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results