carat
color
clarity

Question and Answer thread

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1315537384|3013240 said:
Biggest regret...

Not looking for a teaching job at an American international school abroad after I graduated. I would have loved to live a broad for a year or two (I student taught for a couple Montcalm the Netherlands :) ). Alas my husband - then boyf of 8 years- had a good job here and I didn't want to be long distance and knew I should move home and save. Oh well...

Do you ever wish you spent less on your wedding???
YES! I wish we spent less on our wedding. My parents insisted on contributing 30K (they didn't pay for college and it was important to them) but we ended up having a wedding they wanted, not me, and it was really just a whole lot of money for one day. One lovely day, but just one day. I do regret it.

What is one change you really want to make in your life within the next year, and why haven't you made it yet?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
What is one change you really want to make in your life within the next year, and why haven't you made it yet?

I want to find a job that a truly enjoy, and pays me better than the other jobs I've had previously. I haven't made that move yet because I'm working towards my degree that will get me there :)

What is your favorite "guilty pleasure" tv show?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1315537922|3013252 said:
I'd like to be more patient....I just don't have any. I really just don't know how to be more patient so it's hard to change.

What was the last lie you told? Why?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
manderz|1315542849|3013313 said:

I want to find a job that a truly enjoy, and pays me better than the other jobs I've had previously. I haven't made that move yet because I'm working towards my degree that will get me there :)

What is your favorite "guilty pleasure" tv show?

I have a ton--- the Real housewives series on bravo and teen mom on MTV are some favs.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1315543077|3013318 said:
Haven|1315537922|3013252 said:
I'd like to be more patient....I just don't have any. I really just don't know how to be more patient so it's hard to change.

What was the last lie you told? Why?

Tough one-- I usually don't lie, but the recent one that comes to mind was when I dropped ny BGD huggie down the drain and hubby had to retrieve it- he asked when I bought them and instead of saying last June- I said a couple years ago. Don't know why, guess I didnt think he would like the idea that I bought them rightbefore our wedding when we were already spending so much money... Although he really didn't care either way.

Do you ever think about a past relationship and think that he/she may have been the one... Or that it could have actually worked?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Question: Do you ever think about a past relationship and think that he/she may have been the one... Or that it could have actually worked?

Answer: No. I've had a very low number of real relationships in the past and none of them could've been "The One". I think my relationship with my DH was "The One" for me. For me, it was something I just didn't have to think about, weigh, debate, etc. I just knew.

New question: Would you rather have a $5K piece of jewelry of a $10K vacation for you and your SO? (This is completely paid for and at no cost to you). Sub-question: what jewelry or vacation would you take?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Would you rather have a $5K piece of jewelry of a $10K vacation for you and your SO? (This is completely paid for and at no cost to you). Sub-question: what jewelry or vacation would you take?

Well, I don't have a SO, so I'm going with $5k piece of jewelry or $5k trip - trip, hands down. I'd go to South Africa! I want to see Cape Town, drive from winery to winery, and see a game reserve.

If you could pick one food that you could eat all the time and not damage your body (no weight gain, no clogging your arteries, no heart attacks, no diabetes, etc.), what would it be?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1315582905|3013597 said:
Would you rather have a $5K piece of jewelry of a $10K vacation for you and your SO? (This is completely paid for and at no cost to you). Sub-question: what jewelry or vacation would you take?

Well, I don't have a SO, so I'm going with $5k piece of jewelry or $5k trip - trip, hands down. I'd go to South Africa! I want to see Cape Town, drive from winery to winery, and see a game reserve.

If you could pick one food that you could eat all the time and not damage your body (no weight gain, no clogging your arteries, no heart attacks, no diabetes, etc.), what would it be?

Pasta in a rich creamy sauce-- fettuccine, vodka sauce, mmm :)

question: do you wish you majored in a different area in college? Did you really know back then what you wanted to do in your life?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
question: do you wish you majored in a different area in college? Did you really know back then what you wanted to do in your life?

Nope don't wish I majored in a different area. I studied Economics in university. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I got a Computer Science MS-career driven but enjoyed learning it. I used to work in Fiance (completely different from Econ) and hated it. I now work in location technology (GPS Mapping) and really enjoy it. Did I know what I wanted to do in my life back then? Heck no! Do I regret where I am now? Absolutely not. Do I regret anything in the past 10+ years between uni and now? Yeah, mostly working in Finance for as long as I did.

Princess, I HIGHLY suggest going to So. Africa!!! DH and I went for our honeymoon and it was SPECTACULAR!!! And as far as a game reserve, OMG! Gotta do it. I'm not a believer in Bucket Lists, but I'd even say you'd have to do that before you die. Go to a private game reserve though. It's typically less crowded when there's an animal spotting. Only 3 jeeps instead of 12 watching the animals.

New question: What's the best advice/knowledge nugget/'just 'cause you should know' piece of info you ever received? It can be about anything.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1315591967|3013726 said:

Nope don't wish I majored in a different area. I studied Economics in university. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I got a Computer Science MS-career driven but enjoyed learning it. I used to work in Fiance (completely different from Econ) and hated it. I now work in location technology (GPS Mapping) and really enjoy it. Did I know what I wanted to do in my life back then? Heck no! Do I regret where I am now? Absolutely not. Do I regret anything in the past 10+ years between uni and now? Yeah, mostly working in Finance for as long as I did.

Princess, I HIGHLY suggest going to So. Africa!!! DH and I went for our honeymoon and it was SPECTACULAR!!! And as far as a game reserve, OMG! Gotta do it. I'm not a believer in Bucket Lists, but I'd even say you'd have to do that before you die. Go to a private game reserve though. It's typically less crowded when there's an animal spotting. Only 3 jeeps instead of 12 watching the animals.

New question: What's the best advice/knowledge nugget/'just 'cause you should know' piece of info you ever received? It can be about anything.

From my trainer: "If you were stuck in a 10/10 room with a bucket of water, and a bucket of food for the entire night, would YOU want it to be along with your own filth? Look at the water in the bucket, if you wouldn't drink it, your horse shouldn't have to either".

This was seriously some of the best teaching ever. It totally make me re think how I treat animals and also others. If I wouldn't be comfortable with it, then why should anyone or anything else?

Whatcha DOIN? :devil:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1315597800|3013832 said:
lliang_chi|1315591967|3013726 said:

From my trainer: "If you were stuck in a 10/10 room with a bucket of water, and a bucket of food for the entire night, would YOU want it to be along with your own filth? Look at the water in the bucket, if you wouldn't drink it, your horse shouldn't have to either".

This was seriously some of the best teaching ever. It totally make me re think how I treat animals and also others. If I wouldn't be comfortable with it, then why should anyone or anything else?

Whatcha DOIN? :devil:

Stalling going to the Gym.

What are you having for dinner??

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1315601112|3013877 said:
What are you having for dinner??

No idea! We are going to San Francisco for the night, so probably something on the road.

If you could make one food 100% calorie free, what would it be?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you could make one food 100% calorie free, what would it be?

Ice cream!!!!!!!!!!
second place...lasagna!!!!!

What is your biggest pet peeve?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
What is your biggest pet peeve?

Smacking. And other obnoxious mouth noises.

How do you drink your coffee?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Black and strong.

What's your favorite coffee brand when you make it at home?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1315608315|3013980 said:

Black and strong.

What's your favorite coffee brand when you make it at home?

Doesn't matter to me! I disguise my coffee with lots of vanilla creamer and sugar :bigsmile:

ETA Question: How long did you know your SO before you knew he/she was the one?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long did you know your SO before you knew he/she was the one?

20 years!

What is your favorite place you've been for a vacation?

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Favorite vacation -- Hawaii (several islands). I loved seeing the some of the newest terrain on the planet being formed (via lava).

What super power would you want?

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
mary poppins|1315689954|3014616 said:
How long did you know your SO before you knew he/she was the one?

20 years!

What is your favorite place you've been for a vacation?

Las Vegas, it was for my sisters wedding, I didn't think it would be my sort of place and wasn't sure if I would like it but it was sooo much fun!!!

Question - what's the best thing about you?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops, I think a question was skipped so I will answer both.

Question - what's the best thing about you?

My honesty.

What super power would you want?

To be able to fly!

When do you still get really nervous?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock

When I have to make a phone call. I hate talking on the phone.

What side of the bed do you sleep on?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
missy|1315693540|3014654 said:

Presentations and talking in front of groups. Hate it.

ChloeTheGreat said:
What side of the bed do you sleep on?

When you face the bed, the left side (right side if you're in the bed looking up).

What's your favorite sport?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is your favorite sport??

Volleyball- I played competitively :)

Question: if you could be a suprhero what your name be? Why?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results