shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant - Table/Depth vs Ratio

DiceGames

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks to your help here I've made a lot of progress on my Radiant selection.

I think I've found my diamond thanks to @0-0-0 (linked HERE - E/VS1/long mains).

For comparison sake, I'd also like to bring in a diamond with short mains (crushed ice) and have 2 options:
NumberCaratsColorClarityRatioTableDepthLINK
12.01DVS11.327163.2HERE
22.01DVVS21.276769.5HERE

Questions:
  • Which option would you choose?
    • #2 seems like the better choice due to better clarity, table, and depth, but I prefer rectangular shapes and it has a lower ratio (1.27) vs #1 (1.32). Not sure if this is noticeable to the naked eye.

Thanks!

I prefer @2 (not an expert here!) but I have never found a 'non-round' diamond I like where the table is larger than the depth!!

I think it’s worth bringing in the E color from BN to compare with the E color from JA.

I think it’s worth bringing in the E color from BN to compare with the E color from JA.

+1

The other one looks too "thick" for me, not liking the profile. Mine has a rectangular shape with 1.34 ratio.

Option 1 shows a depth of 68.4 and a table of 67 ...not what you have listed above. Am I missing something?:think:

Screenshot 2024-09-10 181441.png

You can use this tool to see the ratio and what they might look like on a specific finger size

Crushed ice stones - show smaller, but more, pin-like sparkles (almost twinkly to me) due to lots of virtual facets

Non-crushed ice stones - usually have some bigger facets through the center which will consist of bigger flashes
that can be seen from further away... along with some smaller pin-like flashes from the more virtual facets outside
of the center of the stone.

It would be good to see both types under different lighting conditions to see what you like. I prefer a non-crushed
ice stone (but it's your stone so you need to decide, obviously).

Edit...commenting on your VS1 question. Nothing should be visible at a VS1 level. Not sure where your 3 o'clock is because
the stone is rotating at an angle.

+1

The other one looks too "thick" for me, not liking the profile. Mine has a rectangular shape with 1.34 ratio.

@0-0-0 @Neptune you guys are the best! It helps to get validation prior to seeing these in person.

Option 1 shows a depth of 68.4 and a table of 67 ...not what you have listed above. Am I missing something?:think:

Screenshot 2024-09-10 181441.png

You can use this tool to see the ratio and what they might look like on a specific finger size

Crushed ice stones - show smaller, but more, pin-like sparkles (almost twinkly to me) due to lots of virtual facets

Non-crushed ice stones - usually have some bigger facets through the center which will consist of bigger flashes
that can be seen from further away... along with some smaller pin-like flashes from the more virtual facets outside
of the center of the stone.

It would be good to see both types under different lighting conditions to see what you like. I prefer a non-crushed
ice stone (but it's your stone so you need to decide, obviously).

Edit...commenting on your VS1 question. Nothing should be visible at a VS1 level. Not sure where your 3 o'clock is because
the stone is rotating at an angle.

@tyty333

You're correct on the table/depth - typo which I'm unable to edit.

Regarding the inclusion, it's 3'oclock when the face is facing you. I tried to grab some screen grabs below. It's small but definitely noticeable from a few different angles.

Diamond 1.jpgDiamond 2.jpg

Hi, as an update I've ordered my 2 radiants (Option 1 JA and Option 2 BN - both E/VS1/E/E) to view in person which should arrive next week. I'll update here with pictures, etc

I found a potential Option 3 BE (E/VS1/E/E) and wonder if it stands out vs 1 or 2? It seems to be a brilliant vs crushed ice as well.

Option 3 seems to have a few less facets to enjoy when tilted, you ok with that? I could be wrong since the video setting is different…?

Option 3 seems to have a few less facets to enjoy when tilted, you ok with that? I could be wrong since the video setting is different…?

I agree, Option 1-2 seem to have better faceting, but I also wasn't sure based on the different video angle of Option 3. Wanted to get some expert POV to make sure I wasn't missing a big opp with Option 3!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP