shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

trying to behave and keep to the tread rules
but children are gems arnt they ?
some lovely family snaps here

what do we think that black necklace is ?
1719174441263.png

looks like just plain little gold earrings but still very sparkly at Taylor Swift
1719214204794.png
nice to see Prince William having a good time getting down with the kids

day 5
day 4

GettyImages have a few good closeups of the Queen's jewels.
1. If you look closely, you'll see that the Queen is missing a small stone from the surround of the pink topaz in the choker.
2. I love patina on silver, but the earrings look really tarnished!

Our Princess Royal had a horse-relating accident and has been admitted into hospital.

Get well soon!

DK :))

Our Princess Royal had a horse-relating accident and has been admitted into hospital.

Get well soon!

The nature of the accident wasn't mentioned by BP, but I guessed it might've been horse-related. Hope HRH is well soon!

Unfortunately, it leaves us with one less tiara for tomorrow's Japanese State Banquet...

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosed a lunch for the Emir of Qatar and Sheikha Jawaher at Noordeinde.
The Queen definitely went bit wearing a modern sapphire and moonstone necklace and earrings for the occasion.
1719236735058.jpeg

The Sheikha was not far behind with a massive pair of large yellow diamond earrings (Graff?) and a large solitaire ring (I think also with a yellow diamond)
1719236906860.jpeg

The two couples:
1719236747766.png

get well soon Princess Anne
with the greatest respect im really glad im not her doctor or nurse (or her husband) while she has to take it easy to recover from the concussion
we will miss you at the state banquet:(2
1719299681685.jpeg

in sickness and in health Sir
Good luck
1719299988923.png
seems a horse kicked her when HRH was out walking :confused:

Last edited:
King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima hosed a lunch for the Emir of Qatar and Sheikha Jawaher at Noordeinde.
The Queen definitely went bit wearing a modern sapphire and moonstone necklace and earrings for the occasion.
1719236735058.jpeg

The Sheikha was not far behind with a massive pair of large yellow diamond earrings (Graff?) and a large solitaire ring (I think also with a yellow diamond)
1719236906860.jpeg

The two couples:
1719236747766.png

loving the blue on Queen Max, i really adore that necklace

Sophie wore the Lotus Tiara tonight!! :-o:-o:-o

The official release said the ribbon is blue, but all the pictures sure show more of a green.

i thought it was white at first
but everdently it takes inspiration from the one George v had ....
hang on a mo.....

1719386780969.jpeg
i always think George v was very handsome
honestly this is as hard to work out as the colour of certain gemstones on my laptop !

from earlier in the day
1719387557776.png
1719387599319.png
1719387723718.png

Sophie, the DoE, wore the Lotus Flower tiara last night!

Sophie, the DoE, wore the Lotus Flower tiara last night!

so hard to find descant photos
Looks like HRH was seated beside the emperor
1719391147099.png
now must find photos of Duchess of Gloucester

That's one of the better photos of the Queen and Empress I've seen from last night

For me the Burmese Ruby Tiara was a great choice echoing Japan's flag. In fact, paired with the Garter sash, Queen Camilla is wearing national colours of both countries - red, blue and white for GB and white/red for Japan.
It's also funny to note that the tiaras are basically different versions of the same jewel - a central flower (rose for England and chrysanthemum for Japan) with some floral sprays, then another flower and so forth.

Not to forget that both the Queen and the Empress made debuts last night - the Festoon necklace on Queen Camilla and the tiara on Empress Masako.
1719399543161.jpeg

Also interesting to note is that all three British tiaras we saw last night were reworked versions of earlier jewels:
1. The Burmese used rubies from a necklace and diamonds from a Cartier tiara
2. The Lotus was a originally a swag necklace (a wedding present the future Queen Mother)
3. The Indian Cartier tiara originally had aquamarines, but these were replaced with diamonds by Princess Marie-Louise
1719399185881.png

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP