shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby options

Measured the pixel spread of the stones in the VCA and the side stones are 80% of the diameter of the center stone. For calibarated diamonds that would be like 5pt (2.3mm) and 10pt (3.00mm), which makes sense. Could also be an 18 point center (3.6) and 8 point sides (2.8, which I think would be a nicer proportion. I suspect rubies might come in similar small calibrated sizes.

Measured the pixel spread of the stones in the VCA and the side stones are 80% of the diameter of the center stone. For calibarated diamonds that would be like 5pt (2.3mm) and 10pt (3.00mm), which makes sense. Could also be an 18 point center (3.6) and 8 point sides (2.8, which I think would be a nicer proportion. I suspect rubies might come in similar small calibrated sizes.

Omg you are amazing thank you!

This is a 3.9mm diamond with 3mm sapphires, if its helpful. I think you want a bit bigger difference for your petals.

IMG_2359.jpeg

This is a 3.9mm diamond with 3mm sapphires, if its helpful. I think you want a bit bigger difference for your petals.

IMG_2359.jpeg

Yeah. I think 3mm and 2mm would work best given what you said above and seeing the pic you have.

Yeah that would make the diameter of each flower about 7 mm, and the entire spread of the two flowers would be about 12 or so, which is a nice size. The VCA one seems to cover more area relative to the models fingers. Any idea what finger size dolly has?

Yeah that would make the diameter of each flower about 7 mm, and the entire spread of the two flowers would be about 12 or so, which is a nice size. The VCA one seems to cover more area relative to the models fingers. Any idea what finger size dolly has?

I think her fingers are like 6ish, smaller than mine (I'm a 7 when not pregnant and swollen)

I think her fingers are like 6ish, smaller than mine (I'm a 7 when not pregnant and swollen)
This is what Christie’s auction said:

1717735579479.png

1717735650029.png

So if all the rubies are the same size they are .15ct each, which is corundum is 3mm. In this photo they look very close. Maybe 3.2 and 2.8. I like how there is a slight angle of the petals not flat too.

Gosh this is a stunning ring.

This is what Christie’s auction said:

1717735579479.png

1717735650029.png

So if all the rubies are the same size they are .15ct each, which is corundum is 3mm. In this photo they look very close. Maybe 3.2 and 2.8. I like how there is a slight angle of the petals not flat too.

Gosh this is a stunning ring.

It really is lovely. Too bad there is no universe in which I could afford it, even at dolly's price (which is super reasonable). The measurements help a lot!

I think the Christie’s one sold for like 54k?? Yeah. Not happening. The design is very fluid and lovely. But this is not so unique. I found and saved this beauty when I was searching. I love the details.

IMG_2925.jpeg

I think the Christie’s one sold for like 54k?? Yeah. Not happening. The design is very fluid and lovely. But this is not so unique. I found and saved this beauty when I was searching. I love the details.

IMG_2925.jpeg

Wow that's lovely. There are definitely lots of cool toi et moi styles, and many are floral.

In terms of 2 tone gold, I'm thinking that the side with ruby "petals" should be white gold and side with diamond "petals" should be yellow gold. That would maximize the "pop" of the 2 tone I think. What do you think?

Or I could go much more simple like this (but 2 tone gold and maybe round instead of asscher).

Screenshot_20240606_212628_Chrome.jpg

Wow that's lovely. There are definitely lots of cool toi et moi styles, and many are floral.

In terms of 2 tone gold, I'm thinking that the side with ruby "petals" should be white gold and side with diamond "petals" should be yellow gold. That would maximize the "pop" of the 2 tone I think. What do you think?

I might pair warm with warm and cool with cool in design like that. just to keep the focus on that single point of difference (cool vs warm) as a strong design statement, rather than splitting attention with two axes of differences producing four different combinations (warm v cool and gem v metal). But there is probably a case to be made for what you proposed too!

Or I could go much more simple like this (but 2 tone gold and maybe round instead of asscher).

Screenshot_20240606_212628_Chrome.jpg

Stunning! Can you post some picture of your other favourite pieces in your collection? I’d like to consider how this one might play with other pieces you wear.

Stunning! Can you post some picture of your other favourite pieces in your collection? I’d like to consider how this one might play with other pieces you wear.

Good point. Of course my favorite ring ever is my octavia (there's a thread on it somewhere). My inherited engagement ring is a wide cigar style band with a smallish center stone (probably .5). And then I wear either a plain gold band or van craynest band on tje other hand.

You reminded me that I should think about what finger I plan to wear this on (it'll be right hand, but ring finger vs pointer)

Yes now I remember your collection. I feel like the second option with two larger singular gems might fit best. I don’t have the design language to fully articulate why. Your pieces all make a strong, direct design statement without too many elements in the design. I feel like maybe that second design might fit better with that aesthetic. Plus bigger gems :evil2:

Maybe this is the problem. I was originally going to go with less stones and more engraving (similar to this inspo ring I've had saved in pics forever)
Yes now I remember your collection. I feel like the second option with two larger singular gems might fit best. I don’t have the design language to fully articulate why. Your pieces all make a strong, direct design statement without too many elements in the design. I feel like maybe that second design might fit better with that aesthetic. Plus bigger gems :evil2:

Thanks, that's a really good point. Need to think on it and really decide what I'll wear rhe most (vs what I think looks great on others, but may or may not get worn IRL)

Yea I also struggle with that balance when choosing a setting. There are so many styles I love but I also want a cohesive collection of rings that go together and I will wear!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics