shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Studs: Halo or No?

dnfd

Rough_Rock
I’m interested in a pair of small ruby studs. I’m debating between just single rubies or rubies with a tiny diamond halo. What would you kind folks do? I’m very casual and looking for daily wear but am afraid just the stone alone might look too plain. Thanks!

Have a pair of earring jackets made so that you could add some sparkles for dressier occasions.

The jackets could be worn with other gemstones, pearls and diamonds too.

DK :))

What a fantastic idea! I'm relatively new to fine jewelry, so I didn't even think of this:) Thank you!

What a fantastic idea! I'm relatively new to fine jewelry, so I didn't even think of this:) Thank you!

Another option would be a bezel. I think it looks chic and casual and adds visual interest. You can also get an earring jacket that fits the bezel (I would have the same person make the setting and the jacket so you are sure they fit well).
Diamonds by Lauren ruby bezel: https://diamondsbylauren.com/index....1ctw-round-brilliant-ruby-stud-earrings-r6807
Tiffany bezel example:
1723738124793.png1723738141088.png

Another option would be a bezel. I think it looks chic and casual and adds visual interest. You can also get an earring jacket that fits the bezel (I would have the same person make the setting and the jacket so you are sure they fit well).
Diamonds by Lauren ruby bezel: https://diamondsbylauren.com/index....1ctw-round-brilliant-ruby-stud-earrings-r6807
Tiffany bezel example:
1723738124793.png1723738141088.png

I actually owned the small version of these at one point 0.11 TCW)! If I could afford them, I would buy the larger version in a heartbeat. I sold the ones I had because they were so tiny and the bezel made the very small stone look darker than it was. However, excellent idea to look for bezels with a more substantial size earring (0.5 to 1.0 TCW). Thank you!

Thanks for the input, folks! I decided to go for plain studs in a martini setting. Thai rubies, 0.41 TCW. Very pleased:-)

IMG_1851.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpeg
    IMG_1864.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for the input, folks! I decided to go for plain studs in a martini setting. Thai rubies, 0.41 TCW. Very pleased:)

IMG_1851.jpeg

So pretty! Who was the vendor?

Local jeweler/gemologist on Philadelphia’s Jewellers’ Row! Jeffrey Debs:-)

Thank you so much:-)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP