shape
carat
color
clarity

Shades of green...

5B1B2BFF-C395-4ECE-8031-1FBC0202013A.jpeg
Aww I love this kitty @Bluegemz! What kind of gold is this?
Thank you for sharing. :love:
This is from an Etsy line which the jeweler/sculptor who made my snake ring started not too long ago. It differs from his more custom, fine jewelry work. The pieces are all animal inspired. They can be customized as they are cast and can be ordered in different metals. I think this one is gold, but not sure. It’s a sand blasted finish.

The shop is called ‘of beasts and beauty’ by Michael Tatom on Etsy. Here is a Jaguar piece...

variscite.jpg
My Variscite is a deeper green now and more translucent, must be skin oils...

variscite.jpg
My Variscite is a deeper green now and more translucent, must be skin oils...

LOVE this green. It is such a beautiful green. Mystical and serene and dreamy.:kiss2:
And you can wear it in so many different ways. I imagine it would look beautiful on a choker laying right on that part of the neck with an indent. IDK the technical name. So very lovely any way you wear it.

_20170719_121654.jpg
Thanks!
that's the first thing I did, made a choker! Bit too big and heavy to fit in that indent (I wear a pearl like that), it's about 3 cm including setting, excluding the bail.
Light is not the same but this is how the stone used to be, more minty and opaque.

Last edited:
This is from an Etsy line which the jeweler/sculptor who made my snake ring started not too long ago. It differs from his more custom, fine jewelry work. The pieces are all animal inspired. They can be customized as they are cast and can be ordered in different metals. I think this one is gold, but not sure. It’s a sand blasted finish.

The shop is called ‘of beasts and beauty’ by Michael Tatom on Etsy. Here is a Jaguar piece...

I hope this isn't an intrusive question but was his service O.K? Did you like your ring? I contacted him to modify one of his cat rings (to look like my own cat) almost two years ago and he said he could do it, and I've been thinking about it/meaning to get around to making something ever since.

I hope this isn't an intrusive question but was his service O.K? Did you like your ring? I contacted him to modify one of his cat rings (to look like my own cat) almost two years ago and he said he could do it, and I've been thinking about it/meaning to get around to making something ever since.
I have found his work to be impeccable . He has a good local reputation and has sold his custom, fine jewelry at very high end jewelry shops . Certainly the craftsmanship and skills are there. How he interprets how your cat looks may not be what you see, and I’m not sure about his ability to copy from life versus his own vision since I’ve never commissioned something from life. His work has many essential, sculptural lines, almost architectural, mature.

I love this ring.
It made me think of a pin I have, which happens to have emerald eyes . it was my mom's. View attachment 617411 20180312_110003.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, @missy I rarely wear it, because it's heavy! It's a good amount of gold. When I have worn it, it's mostly as a lapel pin, because a blazer is more likely to be thick enough to hold it up without sagging.

Pulling it out today, reminded me that I do need to find a way to wear it more. Years ago, one of the shopping channels offered a magnet system to use with pins, so that you don't need to put holes in your shirt, sweater, etc. I'd love to find it again. Wish I'd bought it when I saw it.

Honestly, @missy I rarely wear it, because it's heavy! It's a good amount of gold. When I have worn it, it's mostly as a lapel pin, because a blazer is more likely to be thick enough to hold it up without sagging.

Pulling it out today, reminded me that I do need to find a way to wear it more. Years ago, one of the shopping channels offered a magnet system to use with pins, so that you don't need to put holes in your shirt, sweater, etc. I'd love to find it again. Wish I'd bought it when I saw it.

Oh I hear you yes. I wonder if you cannot find something similar to that system that will allow you to wear the pin more often. Greg did something for me with a tie clip and magnet so I could wear HRH francesca cutout on my clothes without making holes in them. But that doesnt help you with the weight thing. When he gets home tonight I will ask him if he has any ideas that could help you with this.

@missy
thank you! I did a quick search earlier, but didn't find what I remember. I have a feeling it, or something like it, is out there. Just have to find it.

I love this ring.
It made me think of a pin I have, which happens to have emerald eyes . it was my mom's. View attachment 617411 20180312_110003.jpg

@KaeKae, Greg is home and I showed him your pin and he would like to see the back of it to see if he can help. Thanks.
He's saying if you attach a piece of flat metal to the back of the pin and get a 1 inch diameter rare earth magnet and put it on the other side of your clothes it would work.

@missy. You and Greg are gems! Pun intended
I can take a picture of the back tomorrow, but think the etsy magnet in the link is what I remembered, or very, very similiar. I had tried Amazon and eBay, but not etsy. Thank you! My unable to sleep eyes are finally getting tired, so will look at it again in the morning. Again, thank you!

@missy. You and Greg are gems! Pun intended
I can take a picture of the back tomorrow, but think the etsy magnet in the link is what I remembered, or very, very similiar. I had tried Amazon and eBay, but not etsy. Thank you! My unable to sleep eyes are finally getting tired, so will look at it again in the morning. Again, thank you!

Truly my pleasure. I love bling and I love people loving and enjoying their bling. Life is challenging and bling makes it a bit nicer don’t you agree? So to that end bling on! And that yummy pin from your mom deserves to be worn and enjoyed without fear of losing it. Hope a good solution is found.

OK adding some more green here from yesterday's annual Pub Crawl. I already posted these on PS but I cannot not post them in the green thread. I mean this is a once a year occasion so hope it is OK to add these pics here too. My annual green butterfly dress and leggings. I wear them only on St Patty's Day and have been wearing the same outfit (though the boots and jacket have changed over the past 2 decades) since 1999. Who says it isn't easy being green? LOL. I did wear green earrings but you cannot tell in my photos. Oh well. You can sure see the rest of the green in these pics.:mrgreen2:

missyandgregstpattys2018plazast.jpg

And with some green necklace bling...not my usual bling but hey I roll with the (green) punches.=)

missyandgregstpattysstonest.jpg

@KaeKae you can see my francesca pin on my jacket that my dh made from magnets and a tie clip. No holes necessary.

OK adding some more green here from yesterday's annual Pub Crawl. I already posted these on PS but I cannot not post them in the green thread. I mean this is a once a year occasion so hope it is OK to add these pics here too. My annual green butterfly dress and leggings. I wear them only on St Patty's Day and have been wearing the same outfit (though the boots and jacket have changed over the past 2 decades) since 1999. Who says it isn't easy being green? LOL. I did wear green earrings but you cannot tell in my photos. Oh well. You can sure see the rest of the green in these pics.:mrgreen2:

missyandgregstpattys2018plazast.jpg

And with some green necklace bling...not my usual bling but hey I roll with the (green) punches.=)

missyandgregstpattysstonest.jpg

@KaeKae you can see my francesca pin on my jacket that my dh made from magnets and a tie clip. No holes necessary.
You both look great, Missy! That must have been so much fun!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics