shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I sell!

waffle

Shiny_Rock
I have a gorgeous semi tennis necklace that I got 10 years ago, and I know it would probably sell for double the price. Problem is that I am going through life changes and I gained a lot of weight. Right now it doesn’t fit at all, however if I do lose weight, I would be devastated not to have it. Should I sell if it doesn’t fit? 84AC47E2-77A9-4D08-8576-98C2A5C1CA5D.png

Attachments

• B8BAADAA-505F-495D-9FFF-99B7921C80B6.png
    B8BAADAA-505F-495D-9FFF-99B7921C80B6.png
    1 MB · Views: 165
Sell it now and get as much as possible for it, then get something completely new as an incentive to yourself to lose weight.

DK :))

It sounds like you love the necklace and would wear it if you could ... so unless you need the cash to help support you through these life changes, or you'd rather have the money freed up to pay for a diamond necklace you could comfortably wear regardless of your weight, I say keep it ... it looks to be beautiful ... and you can always change your mind in another year/decade if you find you still don't wear it for whatever reason.

Get an extender or ask a jeweler if they could extend the necklace somehow. If you would be devastated not to have, as you said, then do not sell it.

Since you say you would be devastated not to have it when/if you lose the weight, I would not sell it unless you really need the money right now. I like the idea of getting a removable extender so you can wear it now but not permanently alter it.

Last edited:
@waffle, I think you should hold on to it for now - I was going to suggest the same thing as searchin, how about looking into an extender?

I certainly gained weight during Covid. I’m having a positive attitude and giving myself time to take it off, now that I’m out and about again. It’s a gorgeous piece.

Tough decision.

I have a gorgeous semi tennis necklace that I got 10 years ago, and I know it would probably sell for double the price. Problem is that I am going through life changes and I gained a lot of weight. Right now it doesn’t fit at all, however if I do lose weight, I would be devastated not to have it. Should I sell if it doesn’t fit? 84AC47E2-77A9-4D08-8576-98C2A5C1CA5D.png

im not fsmilar with this style (i don't get out much :lol-2: :lol-2: )
what makew it a semi ?
can it be extended in the back

as the owner of a 'fat neck' myself i certainly empathize with this situations and hope you can come to a solution

from your pictute the necklace is very becoming on you =)2

Since you say you would be devastated not to have it when/if you lose the weight, I would not sell it unless you really need the money right now. I like the idea of getting a removable extender so you can wear it now but not permanently alter it.

yes
this is what i think too

No that necklace looks really good on you.

I actually don't see anything wrong with just wearing it right now with the extender. But can also sign up to an app like weight watchers, or personal training to get back in shape for wearing it -- Im in the same boat for what its worth, need to lose 12 pounds to fit my clothes again but am looking at the more stunning clothes/jackets/jewelery I own but dont currently fit as incentivisement (letting go of them now because I don't currently fit would just mean that I have to re-aquire everything once I've lost the weight and I know I'd never be as happy with the new pieces. Id rather just lose the weight than have to reshop ;) ).

Hi @waffle :)

Do you want to lose the weight you gained or no? If I didn’t want to lose weight, wearing a particular jewelry piece - or pieces - probably wouldn’t be enough to persuade me. But if you *are* planning to lose it, then I definitely wouldn’t sell. I’ve gained weight since going on long term steroids and Humira, but am definitely planning to lose. Weight gain due to meds is the double whammy of depression - all the gain, none of the fun eating!

Good luck - and let us know what you decide.:wavey:

I'd definitely keep it and have the jeweler make an extender to fit behind your neck. It can later be removed if you should lose weight.

I really should have listened to you ladies. Unfortunately I sold it for one third that I paid for it. However, now I am getting weight loss surgery and it would have fit. It’s very hard to get a full size diamonds as it had two full pears at the ends. Back then this was available at affordable pricing. I bought a ruby with a chain instead and I wear it with an extender. It is worth a fraction of what the diamond necklace was but it’s still pretty. 2521AD60-9912-4319-AF2F-F5CA7DF64881.png

Attachments

• 44DDAC39-2F9D-4559-9F8A-5B8FC9E3DB9D.png
    44DDAC39-2F9D-4559-9F8A-5B8FC9E3DB9D.png
    916 KB · Views: 9
Get an extender or ask a jeweler if they could extend the necklace somehow. If you would be devastated not to have, as you said, then do not sell it.

i would go this option also
none of my necklaces fitted and i do like to wear a necklace, sadly i dont have anything as nice as yours, but im slowly going through mine and extending and its so nice to be able to once again wear them

oh my goodness this was two years ago
I really should have listened to you ladies. Unfortunately I sold it for one third that I paid for it. However, now I am getting weight loss surgery and it would have fit. It’s very hard to get a full size diamonds as it had two full pears at the ends. Back then this was available at affordable pricing. I bought a ruby with a chain instead and I wear it with an extender. It is worth a fraction of what the diamond necklace was but it’s still pretty. 2521AD60-9912-4319-AF2F-F5CA7DF64881.png
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
that is so pretty
lets just try to forget about the old one

i would go this option also
none of my necklaces fitted and i do like to wear a necklace, sadly i dont have anything as nice as yours, but im slowly going through mine and extending and its so nice to be able to once again wear them

oh my goodness this was two years ago

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
that is so pretty
lets just try to forget about the old one

Thank you! Yes. We have to live in the present. Now I have a ruby!!! Yay.

THIS!!

Too late. I sold it during the pandemic. It wasn’t a chain so it would need more gold bars. I’m sad I did that but I saw no other possibilities at the time.

Too late. I sold it during the pandemic. It wasn’t a chain so it would need more gold bars. I’m sad I did that but I saw no other possibilities at the time.

Oh bummer
I should have paid attention when this thread was started and read through it all the way. My bad! Did you replace it with something else?

Oh bummer
I should have paid attention when this thread was started and read through it all the way. My bad! Did you replace it with something else?
yes! The ruby necklace I posted

Ahh.... there it is! Beautiful! Sorry for skipping over the posts. I usually don't do that unless I am limited for time!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP