shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Blue Sapphire Rings: PS Addition

Holy wow! That color is just unearthly!

It really is. It reminds me of why I paid such a stupidly high price for that sapphire :P2:lol-2:

Honestly, I wasn’t even looking. It just fell into my lap. I dropped by a trade show that was passing through Bangkok while I was in town.

I was pretty firm with myself about not buying anything :hand: (best laid plans and all that…)

I was just there because it’s a great opportunity to catch up with friends from all over the globe.

…and then one of my Sri Lankan friends reached into his bag and said “bro, you gotta see this.”

:angryfire::love::doh:

It really is. It reminds me of why I paid such a stupidly high price for that sapphire :P2:lol-2:

Honestly, I wasn’t even looking. It just fell into my lap. I dropped by a trade show that was passing through Bangkok while I was in town.

I was pretty firm with myself about not buying anything :hand: (best laid plans and all that…)

I was just there because it’s a great opportunity to catch up with friends from all over the globe.

…and then one of my Sri Lankan friends reached into his bag and said “bro, you gotta see this.”

:angryfire::love::doh:

The story is as good as the stone.
(I've come to btw)

Time for me to add my blues to this thread as well. Nothing particular happened. It was just a sunny day and I took some pretty pictures and now I’m itching to show them somewhere. :lol:

0B6C85B8-E81A-465E-95BE-DB08C0A6AB33.jpeg

Kitty wanted to see what I was doing so there’s also a complimentary photo with whiskers in the frame.

1454D58F-0BA9-4140-8EE0-9A06F598E486.jpeg

Time for me to add my blues to this thread as well. Nothing particular happened. It was just a sunny day and I took some pretty pictures and now I’m itching to show them somewhere. :lol:

Kitty wanted to see what I was doing so there’s also a complimentary photo with whiskers in the frame.

Eeewwe! Gorgeous blues!

Now those are some gorgeous blues!!!

Those are all incredible! The intensity of the one on the center is jaw-dropping!

…and the one to the far right has an almost Kashmir-like hue,

Can you tell us more about these stunners?

Those are all incredible! The intensity of the one on the center is jaw-dropping!

…and the one to the far right has an almost Kashmir-like hue,

Can you tell us more about these stunners?

You want me to talk about my sapphires?

1727264126290.gif

:lol:

The left one is a preloved treasure I scored from fellow PSer ilovegemstones. Unheated and at just over a carat, I never would've been able to afford it brand new. It's a fascinating gem - it's always blue aside from the times it shifts towards violet. It fluoresces red all throughout. It's also crazy photogenic.

The right one I bought from nutellakitty. It loves the sun. In shade you can definitely see the stone looks teal in one corner under a specific angle, and if you look through the pavilion the colour zoning is obvious. It's less than a carat. But it has a nice cut that maximises its good qualities so it looks like a million bucks, plus the flower setting has a firm grip on my heart. Genius design from nutellakitty.

The one in the centre is my soulmate, if such a thing were to exist in gem form. My husband spotted it at one of the local jewellery stores. Tricked me into going to see it (he promised we were going shopping for ingredients for chicken curry). And I could not unsee it.

You see, I'm sure you've often experienced how phone cameras help the blues. People like blue skies in their photos, after all, so everything blue gets a bump in saturation. This one sapphire doesn't get that. There isn't any more saturation to add to it. Back at the store, you put it next to any of the other sapphires and they just stop existing, they pale in comparison. Bought the other two sapphire rings after this one - both were met with initial disappointment because I was so used to seeing this crazy saturated blue, and had to give them a couple of days to develop my full appreciation for them.

It's a little over 2ct, heated of course, and with a bit of a darker body tone so it's more of a moody blue in low light. My HG blue sapphire would be something similar to this one, with colour saturation to match, and just a lighter blue. I'm not sure I'm ever going to find it at a price point I'm able to afford though. This one, I realise now, I was crazy lucky to find and get.

:lol:You want me to talk about my sapphires?

1727264126290.gif

:lol:

The left one is a preloved treasure I scored from fellow PSer ilovegemstones. Unheated and at just over a carat, I never would've been able to afford it brand new. It's a fascinating gem - it's always blue aside from the times it shifts towards violet. It fluoresces red all throughout. It's also crazy photogenic.

The right one I bought from nutellakitty. It loves the sun. In shade you can definitely see the stone looks teal in one corner under a specific angle, and if you look through the pavilion the colour zoning is obvious. It's less than a carat. But it has a nice cut that maximises its good qualities so it looks like a million bucks, plus the flower setting has a firm grip on my heart. Genius design from nutellakitty.

The one in the centre is my soulmate, if such a thing were to exist in gem form. My husband spotted it at one of the local jewellery stores. Tricked me into going to see it (he promised we were going shopping for ingredients for chicken curry). And I could not unsee it.

You see, I'm sure you've often experienced how phone cameras help the blues. People like blue skies in their photos, after all, so everything blue gets a bump in saturation. This one sapphire doesn't get that. There isn't any more saturation to add to it. Back at the store, you put it next to any of the other sapphires and they just stop existing, they pale in comparison. Bought the other two sapphire rings after this one - both were met with initial disappointment because I was so used to seeing this crazy saturated blue, and had to give them a couple of days to develop my full appreciation for them.

It's a little over 2ct, heated of course, and with a bit of a darker body tone so it's more of a moody blue in low light. My HG blue sapphire would be something similar to this one, with colour saturation to match, and just a lighter blue. I'm not sure I'm ever going to find it at a price point I'm able to afford though. This one, I realise now, I was crazy lucky to find and get.

It really was an incredible find! The stunning purity and saturation of that color comes through so clearly in the photos - and in a way that just cannot be faked. It also seems to be beautifully cut and well-proportioned. You hit the jackpot!

The task of even sourcing material like that is like searching for a needle in a haystack - and this is coming from someone who frequents trade shows, lives part of the year near Bangkok’s gem district and has Sri Lankan friends in the sapphire trade!

… but even if you could find a color like that, affording it nowadays is a different matter entirely.

Such a gift to be able to treasure what we already have and the things that just kind of fall into our lives!

on a side note, one of my furballs also gets very curious about gems

IMG_6906.jpeg

Last edited:
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP