shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your I!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
I'm considering a stone with a color grade of "I". I'm not yet sure how color sensitive I am. May I see your I, please?

coco3

Rough_Rock
Gemdandy, my diamond is an I and I was going to post some upload some pics of it tonight anyway, so I will post some here for you to see. It is being set right now by Brian Gavin, but I have some that I shot of it as a loose stone before I took it to him. I found that I was far more clarity-sensitive than color sensitive and when I met with Brian he showed me some smaller D and E colored stones against the I's for comparison and it just wasn't worth it to me. I could see a slight difference under his florescent lights, but it didn't bother me that much! I agree you have to see it in person for yourself, though.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best way is definitely to see them in person. But since you asked for pics ::) my previous ring had an I centrestone and H sides - I can't for the life of me find the thread, but here are a few pics I have saved

2ct I centrestone (in plat), 0.33 H sides, stud (in plated wg) is a 0.43 J (those studs are my current sidestones)

YssieFIC4.jpg

YssieFIC3.jpg

YssieFIC1.jpg

YssieFIC2.jpg

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
My center stone is an I surrounded by Gs
IMG_1886b.jpg

coco3

Rough_Rock
As promised earlier, here is my I. It's actually certed as an H, but I think it's a bit warm and my GG friend and another appraiser and BGD all think it's an I, but I was looking for an I anyway, so I don't care. Plus, look at it!! It's white! The only place I see a tint is under really yellow lighting, but honestly, what looks good in that lighting anyway?

More pics here: show-me-the-ring/bgd-round-brilliant-with-pear-side-stones-cads-t147153.html

Hope this helps!

IMG_0040.JPG

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was also uncertain about an "I" color, and the posts on here helped me so much. I absolutely love, love this stone's color. But I'm not that color sensitive. When my DIL saw my stone, she couldn't believe that it was "I" color. Her diamond is a G and I think mine looks whiter. Anyhow, hope this helps:

dscn2959.jpg

dscn2961.jpg

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Here's some pics of my Eightstar 1.57 ct I-VVS1.

cropped-LW-8star157.jpg
LW-157-onhand.jpg
LW-157-MorningSun.jpg
LW-157-MorningFire.jpg
LW-157-holding-rebar.jpg

BlingADing

Shiny_Rock
I really think with a halo or 3-stone an I is beyond acceptable. Most of the warmth is visible only at certain angles if at all.

One of the many things you learn to appreciate from pricescope! I would have gotten a H/ eye clean SI1 vs. my F/VS2....definitely could've gotten more carat weight!! Darn :( I get a little sad every time I think about it...so please take that as a lesson learned on my part!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! All of your stones have beautiful color!

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
my I stone versus F wedding band. i like the contrast and IRL it's not noticeable most of the time.

fvsicw.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results