shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your settings from Loose Grown Diamond ( loosegrowndiamond.com )

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I often browse their website and come across lab diamonds I love but pass on purchasing because I really don't want to have a loose stone to have to set later. I've learned, at least for me, these type of projects either take forever or end up not happening, and it's make me sad to have an unset stone just sitting there because I can't enjoy it.

I also hear mixed reviews of the settings from losegrowndiamonds.com and it seems like the general consensus is to buy the loose stone and purchase the setting elsewhere but because of what I mentioned above, I'm considering just purchasing a setting from there. I'm not expecting exceptional quality but I'd like it to be at least good quality so I can wear the diamond for a while and enjoy it (and reset down the line later, if I want to).

Anyone have pictures of their diamonds in settings made by them? How do you like the quality and how are they holding up over time? Would love to hear experiences and see examples so I can have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks so much!

Long-time lurker, first time poster!

I have had my diamond/setting from LGD for a few weeks now and it definitely isn't perfect. The setting itself (Isoke in platinum) seems well made, but the actual way it is set leaves a little bit to be desired. Two of the pointy prongs are lifted from the diamond at the ends (maybe because it's set so low I haven't had any snagging issues), and from a side view, it looks a little elongated on one side. I didn't notice the prongs until I used a loupe - in person it's not noticeable to me. That being said, it doesn't bother me and the diamond is secure, even and well-placed in the setting (I don't feel the need to get it fixed at this point and I might never if there aren't any issues with security).

The setting is exactly what I was looking for and I had them make it in 2mm instead of 1.8mm. I feel like I definitely paid more for the setting than I would have at my jeweler. But also, like you, if I haven't had it set it where I purchased the diamond, I would still be sitting and waiting on it (like the other loose stones I've purchased).

Attachments

• thumbnail1.jpg
    thumbnail1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail5.jpg
    thumbnail5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail4.jpg
    thumbnail4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail3.jpg
    thumbnail3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 15
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 15
Thanks so much for sharing @stolenchyld! Your ring is so beautiful and I'm glad you're satisfied with your experience with them. Makes me feel a bit more comfortable trying them out for a setting. Was beginning to wonder when no one chimed in! Curious to hear about others experience as well so please share!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics