shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Small WG Frivole pendant (pictured alongside my WG Frivole earrings):

IMG_5544.jpeg

I personally love this size for a more daily piece and I’m biased bc my paper flowers from Tiffany is close in size. I can sleep in it which I like…

But the large if you’re looking for something dressy. I think you can pull off either, the very large clip feels too big IMO

But to be honest, the 20 motif style on you - is just fabulous. It’s perfectly suited for you and the guilloche is my personal fave. It just glows!

Oh my goodness, it's ALL gorgeous! What wonderful choices to have.

Thanks so much for sharing these works of art. I'm drooling over every single one of them!

Helloooo @m-2-b!
Thanks so much for starting my morning off with such glorious pieces.. a real beauty pageant of finery! :appl:

Which Frivole pendant should I eventually add to my collection in the future (depending upon my budget)?

I'm thinking about the small WG Frivole pendant since everyone knows I am a matchy-matchy type of person. But I do love the size of the large YG one (but in WG)!

Ahh what an awesome collection of photos, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

On the pendant size, did you take a neck shot of the Small WG and Large YG side-by-side?

From the times I've tried Frivole on, I personally don't notice a significant size difference between Small and Large, especially when you extrapolate it to a large expanse of skin like the neck (it's different when it comes to small pieces of flesh like the ears!).

To me, the Large feels like it can be worn more ways - it's gorgeous as a shorter 16-18in pendant, but is equally impactful at a longer (20-24in?) length. But as @Cerulean says, the Small would definitely be more comfortable for daily wear!

You mention matchy-matchy... but just wondering if I can throw in an unmatching Two Butterfly necklace? I think the mix of flora and fauna in pave WG would make a stunning unmatching set (and goes deliciously with this photo of yours which I haven't been able to get out of my head!)

1690210623748.png

(Or... in the theme of unmatchy sets, WG pave Frivole earrings + WG pave Two Butterfly BTF ring + WG Pave Vintage Alhambra / Lotus?!)

@m-2-b all of the pieces are lovely!!! It's funny--I never liked the butterflies until I saw people actually wearing them. It makes such a difference to see them on someone!

Yeah if sleeping in them is important - I think it depends on if the dimensional shape of them would bother you!

Honestly their turquoise is magical - and it looks delicious on you! I audibly gasped at the butterfly earrings. And with the ring? Be still my heart! I’m in love with that collection, I actually had fallen in love with the necklace when I saw it IRL! Agree it’s just so vibrant in person and it’s not adequately captured in images

IMG_5674.jpeg

Stunning!!!!

Hello all! My lovely in-laws surprised me with *two* VCA bracelets - the five motif gold guilloche and the five motif carnelian - for an education/career milestone. While I'm a jewelry fiend with a few VCA sweet necklaces, the bracelets felt like I couldn't pull them off. I'm still bowled over by their generous gift, but I feel strange wearing them. Does it look over the top to wear them when I'm fairly casual in the rest of my wardrobe? I'm not into designer goods and don't own any such leather goods/shoes. My summer uniform consists of linen pants, cotton tanks , and huaraches haha. I know this isn't a bad problem to have, but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Hello all! My lovely in-laws surprised me with *two* VCA bracelets - the five motif gold guilloche and the five motif carnelian - for an education/career milestone. While I'm a jewelry fiend with a few VCA sweet necklaces, the bracelets felt like I couldn't pull them off. I'm still bowled over by their generous gift, but I feel strange wearing them. Does it look over the top to wear them when I'm fairly casual in the rest of my wardrobe? I'm not into designer goods and don't own any such leather goods/shoes. My summer uniform consists of linen pants, cotton tanks , and huaraches haha. I know this isn't a bad problem to have, but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Congratulations on your career milestone!

The beauty of VCA, especially the Alhambra line, is that it was originally designed to be worn casually, as "day wear", because the pieces didn't originally contain diamonds, but rather colored semi-precious stones instead, which were considered day-appropriate. (The taboo about wearing diamonds before 5pm is of course a mostly outdated notion today.)

I don't think you should worry at all about those two beautiful bracelets looking right at home with your outfits. They sound absolutely perfect to me! (And I'm green with envy!)

Last edited:
So...my sweet husband just surprised me with this for our anniversary <3 He said I needed something yellow gold to match my new bracelet since all my other pieces are white metal. My bracelet is also scheduled to return to me from servicing tomorrow. Eek!

IMG_3814.jpg

Bracelet came back! It's still pretty loose. Not sure if I should send it back to be sized smaller by another few cm or keep it loose for more movement. It does slide around a few inches but it's not so loose that it'll fly off my wrist. I'd love to see how fitted the rest of you like to wear your bracelets.

Last edited:
So much to catch up on here!! Just gonna to drop a bunch of pictures first ::)

Ridiculously beautiful high jewellery earrings - a cool $800k for the sapphire version. Ruby version is over a mil!!. The workmanship was pristine, of course, and apparently they meter melee colour to ensure all partial stones - like the ones on the outlines, that aren't full squares - face up with the same depth of colour colour :love:

EARRINGS_3.jpeg

EARRINGS_2.jpeg

EARRINGS_6.jpg

These guys were HEAVY. Holy heck they were heavy!!

- - - - - - - - - -

This one's a bargain at around $150k :bigsmile: I have to say I wasn't a big fan though, it felt flimsy costume-ey. Just too much going on for me!

Pretty sure I was also wearing it upside down here :lol:

BANGLE_BUTTERFLY1.jpg

BANGLE_BUTTERFLY2.jpg

BANGLE_BUTTERFLY3.jpg

Last edited:
And a handful more photos from my visit with my brilliant and beautiful friend, it was so wonderful to finally meet her after talking for soooo many years :love:

Explaining how we met, exactly, well that was a question we didn't prep - thank goodness for online dating normalizing "meeting online" :lol:

- - - - - - - - - -

Brooches!! These were glorious, they captured all the whimsy and fancy that VCA is famed for. I don't recall pricing exactly but I want to say between 300k and 800k? Sold as themed pairs (but of course) :bigsmile:

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_1.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_2A.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_2B.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_3.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY2_B.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAYHERITAGE_1.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAYHERITAGE_2.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

And watches. Not super my thing, really, watches. But I can't deny the creativity of design!

WATCHES_1.jpeg

WATCHES_2.jpeg

WATCHES_3.jpeg

WATCHES_4.jpeg

WATCHES_5.jpeg

WATCHES_6.jpeg

WATCHES_7.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's a fun bit of trivia. The NYC flagship has these red books all over - apparently they're copies of the originals which are in in storage in Paris. Sales and inventory details - every single piece, every single purchase - from the beginning of the house until they moved to electronic records.

So I assumed these copies, all of which are behind glass, are empty on the inside, right? Nope. They copied all every page. I can't imagine how much time and money this project must have taken!! And for something that'll never be seen or appreciated by the vast majority of people who visit the boutique. Talk about "secret details".

I fell in love, surprise surprise :bigsmile:

DISPLAY_BOOKS.jpg

Last edited:
Inventory in the boutique (NYC, 5th Ave) in July was better than in June. That's not saying a ton, still sparse. And still gobs on that dratted cannot-order list. But I'm hopeful things are improving?

Some (not all) of the Alhambra:

DISP_ALHAMBRA_1.jpeg

DISP_ALHAMBRA_2.jpeg

DISP_ALHAMBRA_3.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

Butterfly stock:

DISP_BUTTERFLIES_1.jpeg

DISP_BUTTERFLIES_2.jpeg

I tried the earrings on again and yup, definitely not for me, finally final. They're super cute and I wish they did work on me. But they don't. Left side is fine, right lobe looks like lightly trussed :silenced:

BUTTERFLY1 copy.jpg

BUTTERFLY2 copy.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Frivole cases were full!

DISP_FRIVOLE_1.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_2.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_3.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_4.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_5.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

And Palmyre in pink sapphire - if I was going to Palmyre (which I'm not) I'd for sure Palmyre in pink sapphire :lol:

DISP_PALMYRE_1.jpeg

DISP_PALMYRE_2.jpeg

DISP_PALMYRE_3.jpeg

Tried the Lotus earrings - these were the large size. So everyone knows I like big earrings... I loved the size and presence of these!! If they had a not-pointy-petal version I'd be all over it. Just a style thing.

LOTUS_1 copy.jpg

LOTUS_2 copy.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Perlee:

DISP_PERLEE_1.jpeg

DISP_PERLEE_2.jpeg

DISP_PERLEE_3.jpeg

These didn't match. I was surprised by the amount of difference, these are way too expensive to not match better :eek-2:

DISP_PERLEE_4.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

DISP_SOCRATE_1.jpeg

These earrings are on my #OneDay wishlist. So light on the ears and such an easy, casual, flexible style :love:

SOCRATE_1 copy.jpg

And okay, not VCA, but...

I seriously can't believe my friend wakes up every day and opens her jewellery box and sees THIS waiting for her. I just... Let's just say that Tiffany had a similarly-sized RB in a halo and hers absolutely. blew. it. away. Aesthetics and comfort, no contest whatsoever.

Such a privilege and pleasure to see - and try on!!!! OMG!! - a huge precision-cut diamond in a world-class mount :love: Pictures don't begin to do it justice!!

RINGS_1.jpeg

RINGS_2.png

RINGS_3.png

And a handful more photos from my visit with my brilliant and beautiful friend, it was so wonderful to finally meet her after talking for soooo many years :love:

Explaining how we met, exactly, well that was a question we didn't prep - thank goodness for online dating normalizing "meeting online" :lol:

- - - - - - - - - -

Brooches!! These were glorious, they captured all the whimsy and fancy that VCA is famed for. I don't recall pricing exactly but I want to say between 300k and 800k? Sold as themed pairs (but of course) :bigsmile:

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_1.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_2A.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_2B.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY1_3.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAY2_B.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAYHERITAGE_1.jpeg

BROOCH_DISPLAYHERITAGE_2.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

And watches. Not super my thing, really, watches. But I can't deny the creativity of design!

WATCHES_1.jpeg

WATCHES_2.jpeg

WATCHES_3.jpeg

WATCHES_4.jpeg

WATCHES_5.jpeg

WATCHES_6.jpeg

WATCHES_7.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

Here's a fun bit of trivia. The NYC flagship has these red books all over - apparently they're copies of the originals which are in in storage in Paris. Sales and inventory details - every single piece, every single purchase - from the beginning of the house until they moved to electronic records.

So I assumed these copies, all of which are behind glass, are empty on the inside, right? Nope. They copied all every page. I can't imagine how much time and money this project must have taken!! And for something that'll never be seen or appreciated by the vast majority of people who visit the boutique. Talk about "secret details".

I fell in love, surprise surprise :bigsmile:

DISPLAY_BOOKS.jpg

Can I just say how much I love on Pricescope when someone says something is “not their thing” and then 5-10 years later… they are buying a very very nice version of said thing.

Join us on the dark side, Yssie! Watches are amazing! :D

Also @yssie - I am so so far away from NYC right now, it was such a treat to be taken there by you this morning. The generosity of you spending your time to share this visit with us is much appreciated.

Tried the Lotus earrings - these were the large size. So everyone knows I like big earrings... I loved the size and presence of these!! If they had a not-pointy-petal version I'd be all over it. Just a style thing.

LOTUS_1 copy.jpg

LOTUS_2 copy.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Perlee:

DISP_PERLEE_1.jpeg

DISP_PERLEE_2.jpeg

DISP_PERLEE_3.jpeg

These didn't match. I was surprised by the amount of difference, these are way too expensive to not match better :eek-2:

DISP_PERLEE_4.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

DISP_SOCRATE_1.jpeg

These earrings are on my #OneDay wishlist. So light on the ears and such an easy, casual, flexible style :love:

SOCRATE_1 copy.jpg

Oh wow! What a fun visit! I love all the pictures and hearing your thoughts about each piece. I didn't have an opinion on the pointy petals until after you mentioned it and now I get it. I don't like the lotus for the same reason but I just didn't know why. <3

@yssie and @m-2-b What fun to get together and play with each other’s fabulous jewels!

@yssie I absolutely love the socrates three flower earrings on you. I believe you had posted a picture of those on a previous VCA visit and I thought they looked fabulous on you then! They are very different from the rest of your collection in that they are a cluster of smaller delicate flowers as opposed to a larger flower. I think they would go well with your new bracelet.

@Pomelo May I ask why you are not wearing your sweet onyx studs as much during Summer? Does the black feel too heavy with the heat? I have to say I love turquoise on you! You make everything look elegant!

@twentytwo I can understand the feeling of wearing more and bigger jewelry with a casual lifestyle. I’m very casual myself and I wear my VCA onyx bracelet with everything from jeans and a t-shirt to leggings. I do think guilloche is more dressy, but maybe try wearing the carnelian by itself and see how you feel.

I had ordered and just received the hammered bracelet in RG and I’m on the fence as to whether I should keep it. This bracelet has been on my wishlist for several years, specifically in RG. I had tried it on in the boutique twice. When I first opened it I was shocked as it looks way different, brighter and more orangey-pink coppery than I remember from seeing it previously. In some lighting environments it looks flat while in others it’s prettier. I know it might tone down with wear. This is my first larger piece in RG so maybe I’m just used to YG on me. I wear my Onyx bracelet quite often so I was looking for an alternative. If I keep it, I will continue to build a small RG collection in which the next piece will likely be the Frivole Pave pendant in Small in RG.

Does the RG blend into my skin too much? What do you think?

I still need to decide on earrings too. IMG_1404.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg

HI:

How fun was that!!!! And I have some wonderful IRL friends I met on PS!!! And another I met while trying on rings at Tiffany! We bond over jewels! lol

cheers--Sharon

Oh how exciting @yssie! So much visual stimulation going into a major boutique like the NYC store! The colors, textures, design, craftsmanship. I love seeing all the photos. It's almost overwhelming!

Did anything "follow you home"? After seeing and trying on all these lovelies, has the order of your wishlist changed? Is there a piece that you've decided on for your next big bling purchase? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for taking us along for a fabulous ride along. So much fun.

I had ordered and just received the hammered bracelet in RG and I’m on the fence as to whether I should keep it. This bracelet has been on my wishlist for several years, specifically in RG. I had tried it on in the boutique twice. When I first opened it I was shocked as it looks way different, brighter and more orangey-pink coppery than I remember from seeing it previously. In some lighting environments it looks flat while in others it’s prettier. I know it might tone down with wear. This is my first larger piece in RG so maybe I’m just used to YG on me. I wear my Onyx bracelet quite often so I was looking for an alternative. If I keep it, I will continue to build a small RG collection in which the next piece will likely be the Frivole Pave pendant in Small in RG.

Does the RG blend into my skin too much? What do you think?
I love it, but I love RG. I think it looks great on you, but of course you have to love it too!

My recent purchase is very humble in comparison to all the beautiful things on this thread. But I'm still excited!

I visited my amazing SA at the Houston boutique on Fri. He is a true gentleman, very patient and answered over an hour of my questions. Brought me out so many different things to try on. I know I'm a small fish there, but he treats my husband and I like a king and queen anyway.

I ended up loving, and narrowing it down to three items in the Vintage Alhambra line: WG WMOP earrings, Malachite earrings, and YG pave 1 motif necklace.

And.... I bought the malachite earrings! When I put them on I almost fainted!

I know the malachite is a very fragile stone. But, I give my jewelry a lot of TLC. My SA said that the earrings would not be any problem on me at all. I trust him. I actually brought my onyx earrings and bracelet set in for cleaning and when he inspected them he laughed told me they don't need cleaning! I wear them almost every day, but show no obvious wear.

Here's the catch. The earrings I tried on were reserved for another client. So I placed an order for a new pair, made just for me!

I got to pick which level of lightness/darkness, which will be honored. I also was able to request a level of veining which they will try for but not guaranteed. I have the right to reject them when they come in if I don't like them.

It's going to be October! Aaaarrrggggg! The workshop goes "en vacances" the month of August. *Sigh* I'm telling myself "good things come to those who wait."

No pics to show, sorry. I was too busy absorbing all the info. (I can, literally, reach an overload of stimuli and shut down, so I have to pace myself and not overdo it.)

Last edited:
I loooooove malachite. Do you have photos of the earrings you tried on? If not, please post photos of your earrings in October!

And green is my favorite color! Congratulations on a spectacular and timeless purchase!

I loooooove malachite. Do you have photos of the earrings you tried on? If not, please post photos of your earrings in October!

And green is my favorite color! Congratulations on a spectacular and timeless purchase!

Thank you!

I didn't take any pics unfortunately. I know that makes me a bad PSer!

Thank you!

I didn't take any pics unfortunately. I know that makes me a bad PSer!

Well, I get it - they were someone else's earrings, and you will have your own soon, although I'm sure it seems a long time! If you're willing to share, did you go for light or dark? Lots of veining or less?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP