shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

@Ally T The hammered gold should be totally fine to wear all the time. If it were me, the only place I wouldn't wear it to -- I wouldn't wear any gold or jewelry too -- is in a chlorinated pool. Chlorine will pock-mark gold over time.

Are you sure it was the Sweet? The Sweets are very, very small. I find even the Vintage, which is the next up in size, is too small for my taste for a pendant unless I'm stacking it with other necklaces. But my chest area is like a big flat rock, lots of boring real estate to fill :lol:, so your experience may be different.

Gorgeous gorgeous earrings. They're on my if-I-ever-won-the-lottery wishlist (which is funny cuz I don't even play the lottery, lol).

Are they on your wishlist?

They’re definitely on the mega millions win list :lol: My heart jumped into my throat when I heard the pricetag. It will never stop amazing me that there are people in this world who can just buy this sort of thing and not think twice!

Ladies with a Sweet Alhambra pendant (no diamonds) how easy it is to wear? A funny thing happened to me this week.

Sitting on the beach I was contemplating what I might like for my big birthday next year, (as you do :lol-2: ) & I though about a yellow gold Sweet Alhambra. I wondered if it could be a 24/7 piece given it’s just gold, like any other gold pendant, or whether they need babying?

We came home on Wed & yesterday our interior designer had arranged a visit from her new clients, who have a kitchen design based on photos of ours (flattering!) & had asked if they could view ours in person. So in wafted the beautiful lady with her beautiful dress out of her beautiful Bentley, and she was wearing this exact pendant!

Obviously I wanted to chat about it (& also her intense yellow diamond engagement ring) but I had to pull myself in & be the perfect hostess as they viewed & chatted about my house. She was lovely & I probably COULD have asked her, but I was busy concentrating on being slightly more classier than I am & trying not to accidentally swear….

I’m assuming it’s an easy piece, but would love your thoughts?

Felt like a really weird coincidence that she rocked up wearing it a few days after I thought about it, having never seen one ‘in real life’ before.

:lol: :love:

@diamondseeker2006 How often are you wearing your hammered YG bracelet? I think you have a WG MOP set, correct? Do you wear your YG bracelet with other YG pieces, or do you mix and match with your white metal and diamond pieces? I just purchased the diamond shared prong hoops from WF in the 1ct size. The old thread where you did a comparison of all three sizes helped enormously!

I think you made a wise decision to return the rg bracelet. My motto about this kind of thing is "If in doubt, don't". You have to love it to justify it! Congrats on the WF hoops! They are a great pair to wear with anything!

I do not typically mix wg and yg jewelry. The only exception is that my diamond rings are set in platinum and so are my studs. But I consider those a neutral because you really just see the diamonds. So other than those, I'd only wear other pieces all in white metals or all in yellow gold. I don't have any other yg in VCA besides the bracelet, so I wear it with my Temple St Clair pieces which are nature inspired so the clovers fit in well. I don't have a TSC bracelet yet, so that's another reason I use the yg Alhambra bracelet with those pieces. I had been hesitant to start a yg collection of VCA, but when the shortage of VCA pieces happened, I decided to buy a few Temple St Clair pieces that I really love since it was more possible to find those. I am kind of glad, because I like that the two sets are totally different.

@Ally T The hammered gold should be totally fine to wear all the time. If it were me, the only place I wouldn't wear it to -- I wouldn't wear any gold or jewelry too -- is in a chlorinated pool. Chlorine will pock-mark gold over time.

Are you sure it was the Sweet? The Sweets are very, very small. I find even the Vintage, which is the next up in size, is too small for my taste for a pendant unless I'm stacking it with other necklaces. But my chest area is like a big flat rock, lots of boring real estate to fill :lol:, so your experience may be different.

That made me laugh! No, I’m not sure it was the sweet as it was about an inch diameter? Will have to do some looking around.

I don’t have any VCA & never had an inkling about it before now, but it just popped randomly into my mind lying on the beach, which is why I thought it was weird when Beautiful Lady walked in the door wearing the EXACT thing that I was thinking about.

Should have mugged her. Took her ring & car keys too. Though I don’t think I can flee my own house :lol-2:

That made me laugh! No, I’m not sure it was the sweet as it was about an inch diameter? Will have to do some looking around.

I don’t have any VCA & never had an inkling about it before now, but it just popped randomly into my mind lying on the beach, which is why I thought it was weird when Beautiful Lady walked in the door wearing the EXACT thing that I was thinking about.

Should have mugged her. Took her ring & car keys too. Though I don’t think I can flee my own house :lol-2:

An inch diameter would be Magic size, the largest size. The vintage size is about a half inch or 5/8 maybe. Sweet is very tiny. I was going to reply and say that I thought sweet is just too small for most adults. It might look good on my daughter in her 20s, but after that, I'd certainly recommend the vintage size. The hammered yellow gold doesn't come in Magic size, so I would think it would have to be vintage size.

I think the pave yg vintage size would be an awesome choice for wearing all the time, too. I have the white gold pave which appears more dressy to me, so I don't wear it daily. I like the long Magic pendants a lot, so I'd only get the vintage size in pave (yg) if I added one.

Last edited:
An inch diameter would be Magic size, the largest size. The vintage size is about a half inch or 5/8 maybe. Sweet is very tiny. I was going to reply and say that I thought sweet is just too small for most adults. It might look good on my daughter in her 20s, but after that, I'd certainly recommend the vintage size. The hammered yellow gold doesn't come in Magic size, so I would think it would have to be vintage size.

I think the pave yg vintage size would be an awesome choice for wearing all the time, too. I have the white gold pave which appears more dressy to me, so I don't wear it daily. I like the long Magic pendants a lot, so I'd only get the vintage size in pave (yg) if I added one.

It must have been the vintage one & it was definitely hammered. Thank you for clarifying the sizes for me as I have zero idea what I’m talking about :lol-2:

I need to put some time aside & go through the billion pages of this thread. That might be a good starting point!

It must have been the vintage one & it was definitely hammered. Thank you for clarifying the sizes for me as I have zero idea what I’m talking about :lol-2:

I need to put some time aside & go through the billion pages of this thread. That might be a good starting point!

I think the Vintage would look fabulous on you. I think it would be perfectly in keeping with the rest of your lovely yellow gold collection. You've got my vote!

And the lady walking in right after you were daydreaming about this piece...that's got to be a sign!

I think you made a wise decision to return the rg bracelet. My motto about this kind of thing is "If in doubt, don't". You have to love it to justify it! Congrats on the WF hoops! They are a great pair to wear with anything!

I do not typically mix wg and yg jewelry. The only exception is that my diamond rings are set in platinum and so are my studs. But I consider those a neutral because you really just see the diamonds. So other than those, I'd only wear other pieces all in white metals or all in yellow gold. I don't have any other yg in VCA besides the bracelet, so I wear it with my Temple St Clair pieces which are nature inspired so the clovers fit in well. I don't have a TSC bracelet yet, so that's another reason I use the yg Alhambra bracelet with those pieces. I had been hesitant to start a yg collection of VCA, but when the shortage of VCA pieces happened, I decided to buy a few Temple St Clair pieces that I really love since it was more possible to find those. I am kind of glad, because I like that the two sets are totally different.

Thank you, DS! I bet your YG VA bracelet looks fantastic with your TSC pieces! Both designers have that whimsical feminine vibe. Any mod shots wearing them together?

As I think about my next purchase, the Frivole pavé pendant was high on my list for about a year, originally in RG or YG, but I have now crossed out RG off my list after returning the hammered RG bracelet. On my last visit to the boutique, both DH and my SA were highly in favor of WG on me and I must admit that the diamonds look stunning against WG, but I'm hesitant about its wearability.

Which brings me to the question, for those of you wonderful ladies with WG pave pieces, @diamondseeker2006 @m-2-b @LLJsmom @Tonks @Missie1 , how wearable are your WG pave pieces on a daily basis, in comparison to staple diamond pieces? How often do you wear, for instance, diamond studs vs Vintage Alhambra pave earrings, a solitaire pendant vs a Vintage Alhambra pave pendant, etc.? I know LLJ;s mom wears the sweet size pave more casually as it is smaller.

I still haven't completed a capsule of staple diamond pieces, and if I'm totally being honest it is partly due to the wide availability of well-cut lab diamonds. Whenever I think about buying, for instance, 2 ctw studs, I realize I can buy lab diamond studs for a fraction of the price, but I won't actually pull the trigger on lab stones because it hurts me to spend thousands on lab stones, but I also won't pull the trigger on natural stones because the "exact same thing" is available for a fraction of the price. I'm not sure if this makes any sense.

This has made me turn to VCA more since there is actually a design element in their pieces. Some of the pave pieces in consideration are the VA pave earrings and pendant, the Frivole pave Pendant, the Onyx and WG Pave bracelet, but I'm just not sure how wearable these pieces are in my very casual life, or if I should keep focusing on staple pieces.

I still haven't completed a capsule of staple diamond pieces, and if I'm totally being honest it is partly due to the wide availability of well-cut lab diamonds. Whenever I think about buying, for instance, 2 ctw studs, I realize I can buy lab diamond studs for a fraction of the price, but I won't actually pull the trigger on lab stones because it hurts me to spend thousands on lab stones, but I also won't pull the trigger on natural stones because the "exact same thing" is available for a fraction of the price. I'm not sure if this makes any sense.

This has made me turn to VCA more since there is actually a design element in their pieces. Some of the pave pieces in consideration are the VA pave earrings and pendant, the Frivole pave Pendant, the Onyx and WG Pave bracelet, but I'm just not sure how wearable these pieces are in my very casual life, or if I should keep focusing on staple pieces.

Wow @SylviaF you just articulated something that has been in my sub conscious but I didn't realize was there! I have never been into signed pieces but I've been looking to VCA and Tiffany for earrings and a pendant for the exact reasons you stated! I don't have anything yet because it takes me forever to make decisions, but it helps me to understand why I've drifted this way. Thank you!

As I think about my next purchase, the Frivole pavé pendant was high on my list for about a year, originally in RG or YG, but I have now crossed out RG off my list after returning the hammered RG bracelet. On my last visit to the boutique, both DH and my SA were highly in favor of WG on me and I must admit that the diamonds look stunning against WG, but I'm hesitant about its wearability.

Which brings me to the question, for those of you wonderful ladies with WG pave pieces, @diamondseeker2006 @m-2-b @LLJsmom @Tonks @Missie1 , how wearable are your WG pave pieces on a daily basis, in comparison to staple diamond pieces? How often do you wear, for instance, diamond studs vs Vintage Alhambra pave earrings, a solitaire pendant vs a Vintage Alhambra pave pendant, etc.? I know LLJ;s mom wears the sweet size pave more casually as it is smaller.

I think it is good to mix up classic diamond staples w/ designer pieces. Sometimes I want a change from my usual diamond pendants/studs--VCA pave in WG hits that spot! I love the Frivole and Alhambra designs the most--I wouldn't hesitate to wear them in any situation.

A good starter piece would be the WG pave VA earrings or the WG Frivole pave pendant (Frivole design less well known to non-VCA fans). However, I believe the pave VA earrings are in short supply right now. The small WG Frivole pendant should be readily available to try on. I also have the WG onyx/pave 5 motif bracelet which would be nice to add as well!

Re. Diamonds - I feel this so much. I’ve thought to myself so many times that I’m honestly glad labs weren’t a #thing when I got my studs. They were difficult enough to justify as it was, I’m not sure I could have gone through with them had labs been an option… I think I’d just have felt too guilty about the extra expense. But at the same time labs wouldn’t have been mind clean for me, and I wouldn’t have wanted to spend thousands on something that isn’t mind clean. So I’d have done nothing. Just like you. Sigh. I know that’s not superbly helpful but you’re not alone! I’d like a larger diamond ring but there’s only one diamond I’d buy (it belongs to someone I know, if she decided to rehome it I’d be interested) - outside of that one very specific scenario I’m in the Do Nothing boat too. No way in h*ll am I paying current mined diamond retail.

So, I mean, if you don’t care to collect staples right now… For whatever reason… It’s not making an unwise or illogical or impractical choice, it’s just doing what you want, which is the only thing you’re supposed to do, right?

I *love* VCA’s pave and white metal pieces. No question my favourite combo!! Unfortunately they don’t work on my complexion… If they did I’d be all in on the white. But RG is better on me so that’s the way I go. I love RG and pave too, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that nothing can match the sizzle of white diamonds in white metal! I do feel like Alhambra pave is less ostentatious than Frivole pave - more everyday-wearable. For me it’s the dimensionality of the Frivole petals - they add so much visual drama. But if your definition of low key includes brand recognition - which I would guess is true for most of us? - Alhambra is by far the most recognizable VCA line, Frivole is more likely to slide under the radar as a pretty floral motif…

I like to wear a mix of staples and “unexpecteds”. Wearing all staples looks great but just doesn’t excite me. And wearing all “unexpecteds” gives off identity crisis vibes :lol: I think your pearl earrings are the perfect foils for pendants and bracelets!!

I’m going to be terrible. You knew it was coming. Does Paper Flowers appeal to you? I know it’s discontinued but boutiques around me all still have a few pieces on the floor. Schlumberger Lynn in diamonds? T circle pendant?

Cause the beautiful lady with the beautiful pendant and the beautiful Bentley doesn’t have your Tiffany collection!!

Last edited:
I’m going to be terrible. You knew it was coming. Does Paper Flowers appeal to you? I know it’s discontinued but boutiques around me all still have a few pieces on the floor. Schlumberger Lynn in diamonds? T circle pendant?

Cause the beautiful lady with the beautiful pendant and the beautiful Bentley doesn’t have your Tiffany collection!!

Doh! I haven’t even LOOKED at the Tiffany pendants!

Thanks for reminding me. The VCA literally just popped into my mind out of nowhere & it was weird, which is why my brain took hold of it & ran after the Beautiful Lady walked in wearing the exact same thing.

I shall rethink my options x

I don’t have any VCA & never had an inkling about it before now
The hammered YG pendant would be such a great first piece that you don't have to baby too much. I've considered it myself.
I've been looking to VCA and Tiffany for earrings and a pendant for the exact reasons you stated! I don't have anything yet because it takes me forever to make decisions, but it helps me to understand why I've drifted this way. Thank you!
I'm very indecisive as well. I definitely need to learn how to just buy what I love and wear it instead of dissecting my choice to death. I too love some Tiffany pieces. I've been looking at their Victoria studs more closely as an alternative to round studs. They are so pretty!

I think it is good to mix up classic diamond staples w/ designer pieces. Sometimes I want a change from my usual diamond pendants/studs--VCA pave in WG hits that spot! I love the Frivole and Alhambra designs the most--I wouldn't hesitate to wear them in any situation.

A good starter piece would be the WG pave VA earrings.
Thank you, m-2-b! I hear you, I need BOTH the basics and some Pave pieces so I can mix and match. Alhambra and Frivole are also my two favorite lines but the Small Frivole earrings look a little odd on my ears. I wonder if it would be better to start with pave VA earrings, since they are sort of hidden in my hair, they would be less likely to get noticed. The Onyx and Pave bracelet is so appealing, because it is a pave piece that you can see and admire on your arm.

Re. Diamonds - I feel this so much. I’ve thought to myself so many times that I’m honestly glad labs weren’t a #thing when I got my studs. But at the same time labs wouldn’t have been mind clean for me, and I wouldn’t have wanted to spend thousands on something that isn’t mind clean. I’d like a larger diamond ring.

So, I mean, if you don’t care to collect staples right now… For whatever reason… It’s not making an unwise or illogical or impractical choice, it’s just doing what you want, which is the only thing you’re supposed to do, right?

I like to wear a mix of staples and “unexpecteds”. Wearing all staples looks great but just doesn’t excite me. And wearing all “unexpecteds” gives off identity crisis vibes :lol: I think your pearl earrings are the perfect foils for pendants and bracelets!!
Thank you, Yssie! I hear you... I need to go back to buying what I truly love and stop dissecting every decision. If VCA is what the heart wants I can always collect the basics at a later time when I feel like it.

VCA pavé in WG is striking! RG and YG make it more wearable I think. The Frivole Pave in WG specifically feels dressy and, like you said, more ostentatious, but I do like that it is a less recognizable VCA design.

Your engagement ring might be my favorite ring in PS! I remember how happy you were to find that specific stone with the exact parameters you wanted. Both the stone and the EW setting are perfection and they just fit you so well and look flawless with the rest of your collection!

A few photos of my latest VCA visit...

WG Frivole Pavé pendant:
IMG_2085.jpg

WG Frivole Pendant with sweet pavé studs:
IMG_2076.jpg

YG Frivole Pavé Pendant Mockup (it was a ring)
IMG_2084.jpg

YG Pave butterflies (not considering this pendant, but the SA wanted me to try it on)
and sweet butterfly MOP studs
IMG_2082.jpg

My own MOP pendant with butterfly studs
IMG_2072.jpg

RG PC bangle:
IMG_2065.jpg

@RunningwithScissors --Can't wait to see your malachite earrings! I ordered some earrings recently as well--my SA said it could take up to 6mo. so you are lucky yours will be completed in October!

Also, looking forward to seeing photos of your completed tennis bracelet!

Still love the pave Frivole pendant > pave VA pendant on you @SylviaF ! Looks great together w/ the pave sweet studs!

@SylviaF The pave frivole is beautiful on you!! I don’t know how to describe it exactly… If the last set of photos you posted were paintings I think the artist would choose the Frivole ❤️

Sharing some RG VA from my recent visit. Never saw myself as a RG fan until now (and totally @yssie approved IRL)!

IMG_5504.jpegIMG_5482.jpegIMG_5534.jpeg

Last edited:

I appreciate the design element of VCA more than basic diamond pieces but I had to buy all the basic staples and wear them for 4-5 years to discover this. If I was starting now I would skip the basic diamond staples because diamond prices are so through the roof. The lab studs I bought do their job but for me, I just don’t “value” them the way I do earth mined.
I work mostly from home so I don’t wear my pave vintage earrings much. (If I worked regularly in a professional environment I would probably wear vintage size more.). My pave sweet studs go with everything. If you find a pendant that you’re comfortable wearing in most of your environments, then I think it’s a winner.
The pave frivole seems to complement your feminine vibe. If you want it to pop more go for WG. I do think RG Frivole looks lovely on your complexion tho. You get the pop of pave in a softer way.

BTW, has anyone else heard any further details from their SA on the HP that should be released in October? No info from my SA yet, unfortunately!

It will probably be hard to get this year given limited availability/exclusivity status...

Last edited:
Had fun at the local VCA boutique with the lovely @Mary Queen of Scotch yesterday.

I’m not sure if anything made the wishlist, but I will say the blue agate 20 motif was the most tempting! It was honestly hard to capture the blue in photos - the delicate glow of the agate was truly something. I’m not sure if the piece really suits me beyond the lovely lush blue color…

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6943.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

Last edited:
Tried on some earrings too, keep in mind I have pretty small attached lobes

I think the black onyx vintage size Alhambra was my favorite! But not enough to buy. They didn’t give me flutters

I’d been dying to try on the two butterflies - but honestly I just can’t imagine splurging like that on something I couldn’t wear everyday. They were lovely, I would’ve wanted the yellow gold + turquoise. Maybe I’ll try them on one day…but not on the imminent #wishlist

The small frivole didn’t work for me AT ALL. The bar at the bottom was so conspicuous, it would drive me nuts. Made it easy to scratch off the list! The pave was gorgeous but they felt so dressy, not for me on multiple fronts

IMG_6933.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6930.jpeg

IMG_6931.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP