shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Sharing some RG VA from my recent visit. Never saw myself as a RG fan until now (and totally @yssie approved IRL)!

IMG_5504.jpegIMG_5482.jpegIMG_5534.jpeg

These were even prettier on you IRL :love:

Agreed that the VA earrings look the best on your earlobes but maybe in different stone @Cerulean ?

However, I think the blue agate does pop against your skin coloration. So maybe a 10 motif necklace or 5 motif bracelet would be better suited for you?

These were even prettier on you IRL :love:

Thanks for all of your input--who would of thought I would be a RG type of gal?!

Agreed that the VA earrings look the best on your earlobes but maybe in different stone @Cerulean !

However, I think the blue agate does pop against your skin coloration so maybe a 10 motif necklace or 5 motif bracelet would be better for you?

The color of blue was phenomenal, if I went the Alhambra route I DO think blue agate is “my stone” - the only exception is if they ever do chalcedony in yellow gold…but sigh! Only white

I actually love the idea of a bracelet - was so worried the stones would be too fragile for daily wear and tear.

The guilloche occurred to me, but looking at it IRL, I can see that I would destroy the lovely, shimmery design with scratches.

I’ve never tried a 10 motif, and bracelet only once…maybe not a bad idea for my #someday list

I think Phoenix did have some problems w/ her blue agate bracelet chipping so you definitely have to be careful while wearing it!

The guilloche is beautiful too! I would feel better about wearing the WG guilloche earrings since they would be less likely to scratch on ones earlobes!

As I think about my next purchase, the Frivole pavé pendant was high on my list for about a year, originally in RG or YG, but I have now crossed out RG off my list after returning the hammered RG bracelet. On my last visit to the boutique, both DH and my SA were highly in favor of WG on me and I must admit that the diamonds look stunning against WG, but I'm hesitant about its wearability.

Which brings me to the question, for those of you wonderful ladies with WG pave pieces, @diamondseeker2006 @m-2-b @LLJsmom @Tonks @Missie1 , how wearable are your WG pave pieces on a daily basis, in comparison to staple diamond pieces? How often do you wear, for instance, diamond studs vs Vintage Alhambra pave earrings, a solitaire pendant vs a Vintage Alhambra pave pendant, etc.? I know LLJ;s mom wears the sweet size pave more casually as it is smaller.

I still haven't completed a capsule of staple diamond pieces, and if I'm totally being honest it is partly due to the wide availability of well-cut lab diamonds. Whenever I think about buying, for instance, 2 ctw studs, I realize I can buy lab diamond studs for a fraction of the price, but I won't actually pull the trigger on lab stones because it hurts me to spend thousands on lab stones, but I also won't pull the trigger on natural stones because the "exact same thing" is available for a fraction of the price. I'm not sure if this makes any sense.

This has made me turn to VCA more since there is actually a design element in their pieces. Some of the pave pieces in consideration are the VA pave earrings and pendant, the Frivole pave Pendant, the Onyx and WG Pave bracelet, but I'm just not sure how wearable these pieces are in my very casual life, or if I should keep focusing on staple pieces.

I have to read all the new posts later as I only had time to look at the pictures!

I find staple diamond pieces like studs or pendant easy to wear all the time. My pave VCA earrings and pendant definitely are more dressy than my everyday ultra casual! So I only wear them out to a nice restaurant (rarely) or to a wedding or some similar event. So for me, I probably wear the basic diamond pieces at least 10 times more. I will add, though, I am totally in favor of lab studs now that prices are down especially since they are potentially easier to lose. I personally wouldn't wear other pieces in lab, though.
(And sorry but I looked and don't have a pic with the VA gold bracelet and TSC.)

Sharing some RG VA from my recent visit. Never saw myself as a RG fan until now (and totally @yssie approved IRL)!

IMG_5504.jpegIMG_5482.jpegIMG_5534.jpeg

@m-2-b I am just looking at this on my computer for the first time. The bigger pic makes a difference. I can definitively say the alternating looks DREAMY on you. And you know I seldom prefer the alternating. RG is lovely but alternating is just a straight up...like chills. I wish I could see what a 10 motif pave would look like on you.

Still love the pave Frivole pendant > pave VA pendant on you @SylviaF ! Looks great together w/ the pave sweet studs!
Thank you, m-2-b! I do feel like out of all the pendants this is the shape and style that suits me best. If I could only make up my mind on the color.

The shape and length of the 20 motif looks stunning on you! A solid gold piece would compliment your pave pieces very nicely. I do have to agree with LLJsmom that the pave and Gray MOP version is even more beautiful on you! However I also really like how the plain RG hammered looks with the Pavé frivole earrings.

@SylviaF The pave frivole is beautiful on you!! I don’t know how to describe it exactly… If the last set of photos you posted were paintings I think the artist would choose the Frivole ❤️
Dang, you know how to make a girl feel good! :lol: Seriously though, if anyone can bring out the romance and feminism in these pieces it is you, yssie!

The lab studs I bought do their job but for me, I just don’t “value” them the way I do earth mined.
I work mostly from home so I don’t wear my pave vintage earrings much. (If I worked regularly in a professional environment I would probably wear vintage size more.). My pave sweet studs go with everything. If you find a pendant that you’re comfortable wearing in most of your environments, then I think it’s a winner.
The pave frivole seems to complement your feminine vibe. If you want it to pop more go for WG. I do think RG Frivole looks lovely on your complexion tho. You get the pop of pave in a softer way.
Thank you, LLJsmom. I just need to decide on a color gold. I don't work in an office environment and formal events are rare in my life so I just don't know if VA PAve would get very much wear. I do see the appeal of the sweets and I'm still strongly considering them.

Had fun at the local VCA boutique with the lovely @Mary Queen of Scotch yesterday.

I’m not sure if anything made the wishlist, but I will say the blue agate 20 motif was the most tempting!

IMG_6936.jpeg
Agate is your stone! The color looks absolutely beautiful on you! A couple of people on another group have had issues with Agate bracelets. One had a stone that just cracked, and another had a stone that looked rippled, like the edge had "melted", Granted, this happened while she was cooking I believe. A necklace or earrings would be fabulous against your complexion and less likely to be damaged, I think.

I personally wouldn't wear other pieces in lab, though.
(And sorry but I looked and don't have a pic with the VA gold bracelet and TSC.)
Thank you, diamondseeker. I too wouldn't consider a lab stone for an engagement ring but I might if I ever decide to get studs. I'm one of those who has lost not one but two diamond studs in the past. If you do get a pic of your TSC pieces in the future please show us!

Last edited:
The color of blue was phenomenal, if I went the Alhambra route I DO think blue agate is “my stone” - the only exception is if they ever do chalcedony in yellow gold…but sigh! Only white

I actually love the idea of a bracelet - was so worried the stones would be too fragile for daily wear and tear.

The guilloche occurred to me, but looking at it IRL, I can see that I would destroy the lovely, shimmery design with scratches.

I’ve never tried a 10 motif, and bracelet only once…maybe not a bad idea for my #someday list

This is really helpful to me, thank you. I've been pining for the guilloche, but I would definitely ruin it. Which kind of makes me think now... for the price, shouldn't it be more sturdy?

Tried on some earrings too, keep in mind I have pretty small attached lobes

I think the black onyx vintage size Alhambra was my favorite! But not enough to buy. They didn’t give me flutters

I’d been dying to try on the two butterflies - but honestly I just can’t imagine splurging like that on something I couldn’t wear everyday. They were lovely, I would’ve wanted the yellow gold + turquoise. Maybe I’ll try them on one day…but not on the imminent #wishlist

The small frivole didn’t work for me AT ALL. The bar at the bottom was so conspicuous, it would drive me nuts. Made it easy to scratch off the list! The pave was gorgeous but they felt so dressy, not for me on multiple fronts

IMG_6933.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6930.jpeg

IMG_6931.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

@Cerulean I love YG on you. Were there YG MOP vintage studs to try on? I think those would look so lovely on you, perfect with your complexion, and complement your vintage pieces, like your needle in a haystack turquoise crescent necklace. I'm sorry but your pendant is so perfect and perfect ON you. I'm dying here.

When I look at your recent turquoise acquisition, I am inspired and reminded to be open to antique pieces. I am loving your mix of VCA with your own antique and classic pieces. It makes the whole look very personal and unique, very un-vca-uniform, which is how I feel sometimes.

I've been looking for the perfect daily VCA pendant and daily VCA ring (cause I haven't been in the mood for my three stone for a while). And I've tried so many, some I liked, some that grew on me, but none that gave me that immediate "exactly right and exactly me" feeling when I put it on. I'm starting to accept that VCA may not fill a needs, at least not for me.

However, I'm super excited for you as you progress along your journey and find VCA pieces that work for your collection. And I still think YG MOP vintage earrings may be perfect on you.

This is really helpful to me, thank you. I've been pining for the guilloche, but I would definitely ruin it. Which kind of makes me think now... for the price, shouldn't it be more sturdy?

It's plenty sturdy enough. It's not gonna break or malfunction. It's that guilloche is a delicate design, and for people that care about scratches and scrutinize it, they may prefer something that shows scratches less. Just because something is expensive does not mean that it can handle rough wear. If you want something that won't show wear, you are better off with hammered pieces, or just pave diamonds.

@Cerulean I love YG on you. Were there YG MOP vintage studs to try on? I think those would look so lovely on you, perfect with your complexion, and complement your vintage pieces, like your needle in a haystack turquoise crescent necklace. I'm sorry but your pendant is so perfect and perfect ON you. I'm dying here.

When I look at your recent turquoise acquisition, I am inspired and reminded to be open to antique pieces. I am loving your mix of VCA with your own antique and classic pieces. It makes the whole look very personal and unique, very un-vca-uniform, which is how I feel sometimes.

I've been looking for the perfect daily VCA pendant and daily VCA ring (cause I haven't been in the mood for my three stone for a while). And I've tried so many, some I liked, some that grew on me, but none that gave me that immediate "exactly right and exactly me" feeling when I put it on. I'm starting to accept that VCA may not fill a needs, at least not for me.

However, I'm super excited for you as you progress along your journey and find VCA pieces that work for your collection. And I still think YG MOP vintage earrings may be perfect on you.

You are SO sweet. It’s been fun mixing and matching!!! My style tends to be eclectic, vintage inspired, but I like having a blend of modern and antique pieces in general. It’s taken me a while to find my “voice” with jewelry though, and I’m still learning as I go. I feel so grateful I stumbled on my little crescent! I had tried on the 2 butterfly necklace at VCA which helped cement the idea of turquoise, but it didn’t feel right and wasn’t at a price point I was comfortable with yet for a turquoise piece

Now I’m thinking you may need an incredible vintage or antique pendant (maybe ring too? Or something custom?) to tie things together. Because VCA is so delicate and feminine , it so far seems to lend itself so well to pairing with antiques IMO!

It’s much harder to find individual pieces that sing to you, but now I’m curious - do you know what kind of piece you’re after? For me, figuring out that I gravitate towards art nouveau (which are extremely rare) and Edwardian pieces versus Victorian (and the much more popular) Art Deco & Georgian styles. Then from there looking for diamond + turquoise + yellow gold. It’s fun, but it is a HUNT.

Back to VCA - it’s funny you mention yellow gold & MOP. The idea struck me today too. I did finally figure out what watch I plan to buy in the next year…it has a white MOP dial. I started thinking about a bracelet or earrings to wear with it…:kiss2: I think you’re on to something….

It’s not about sturdiness per se, but with such fine metal work, it’s just bound to get scratched with normal wear and tear. I personally think that would bug me for this particular style, because the pristine texture is what makes it so lovely. Pave or hammered, I wouldn’t mind getting a patina

I’ve also never lived with the guilloche and heck didn’t even try it on, so maybe others who own some pieces can chime in with their experiences

Had fun at the local VCA boutique with the lovely @Mary Queen of Scotch yesterday.

I’m not sure if anything made the wishlist, but I will say the blue agate 20 motif was the most tempting! It was honestly hard to capture the blue in photos - the delicate glow of the agate was truly something. I’m not sure if the piece really suits me beyond the lovely lush blue color…

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6943.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

The blue is stunning on you! It contrasts so well with your complexion!

It’s not about sturdiness per se, but with such fine metal work, it’s just bound to get scratched with normal wear and tear. I personally think that would bug me for this particular style, because the pristine texture is what makes it so lovely. Pave or hammered, I wouldn’t mind getting a patina

I’ve also never lived with the guilloche and heck didn’t even try it on, so maybe others who own some pieces can chime in with their experiences

I can't speak to the longevity of this piece because I just got mine but I've had my heart drop a few times when a motif hit the counter/desk top. Luckily, there's no visible damage to my eyes. It is a dust magnet and really needs to be cleaned daily to look pristine. It's still flashy after a week but it's FLASHY when freshly cleaned. It's a princess for sure but it's also fit for a princess so I'm ok with it :)

I don't have any regrets on this purchase but I'd go for the YG hammered if you want something carefree or if budget was an issue (hammered is over $1k less).

Are you referring to the sweet hammered gold? Though I don’t owe one, I should think it’s the easiest to maintain compared to other stones, mop or Guilloche.

I just wanted to say....your heart-shaped ring is ADORABLE! It's such a pretty shape and set so beautifully!

You are SO sweet. It’s been fun mixing and matching!!! My style tends to be eclectic, vintage inspired, but I like having a blend of modern and antique pieces in general. It’s taken me a while to find my “voice” with jewelry though, and I’m still learning as I go. I feel so grateful I stumbled on my little crescent! I had tried on the 2 butterfly necklace at VCA which helped cement the idea of turquoise, but it didn’t feel right and wasn’t at a price point I was comfortable with yet for a turquoise piece

Now I’m thinking you may need an incredible vintage or antique pendant (maybe ring too? Or something custom?) to tie things together. Because VCA is so delicate and feminine , it so far seems to lend itself so well to pairing with antiques IMO!

It’s much harder to find individual pieces that sing to you, but now I’m curious - do you know what kind of piece you’re after? For me, figuring out that I gravitate towards art nouveau (which are extremely rare) and Edwardian pieces versus Victorian (and the much more popular) Art Deco & Georgian styles. Then from there looking for diamond + turquoise + yellow gold. It’s fun, but it is a HUNT.

Back to VCA - it’s funny you mention yellow gold & MOP. The idea struck me today too. I did finally figure out what watch I plan to buy in the next year…it has a white MOP dial. I started thinking about a bracelet or earrings to wear with it…:kiss2: I think you’re on to something….

Found it.

I love art deco. And since you mentioned antique ring…I may have something to share in a month or so. :)

I hope next time you can try on the vintage YG MOP earrings. Exciting! What watch are you considering? I’m taken by how good MOP looks on you.

I love art deco. And since you mentioned antique ring…I may have something to share in a month or so. :)

I hope next time you can try on the vintage YG MOP earrings. Exciting! What watch are you considering? I’m taken by how good MOP looks on you.

The omega de ville prestige! Waiting to see if I get promoted end of year and will buy it to celebrate :mrgreen:

IMG_6962.jpeg

The omega de ville prestige! Waiting to see if I get promoted end of year and will buy it to celebrate :mrgreen:

IMG_6962.jpeg

Lovely! It will go so well with your other pieces. Warm vintage vibe. That MOP glows.

Lovely! It will go so well with your other pieces. Warm vintage vibe. That MOP glows.

I looked at a lot of MOP dials, and I have to say Omega’s were among the best. They really are gorgeous. Sorry to hijack the VCA thread! :lol:

As I think about my next purchase, the Frivole pavé pendant was high on my list for about a year, originally in RG or YG, but I have now crossed out RG off my list after returning the hammered RG bracelet. On my last visit to the boutique, both DH and my SA were highly in favor of WG on me and I must admit that the diamonds look stunning against WG, but I'm hesitant about its wearability.

Which brings me to the question, for those of you wonderful ladies with WG pave pieces, @diamondseeker2006 @m-2-b @LLJsmom @Tonks @Missie1 , how wearable are your WG pave pieces on a daily basis, in comparison to staple diamond pieces? How often do you wear, for instance, diamond studs vs Vintage Alhambra pave earrings, a solitaire pendant vs a Vintage Alhambra pave pendant, etc.? I know LLJ;s mom wears the sweet size pave more casually as it is smaller.

I still haven't completed a capsule of staple diamond pieces, and if I'm totally being honest it is partly due to the wide availability of well-cut lab diamonds. Whenever I think about buying, for instance, 2 ctw studs, I realize I can buy lab diamond studs for a fraction of the price, but I won't actually pull the trigger on lab stones because it hurts me to spend thousands on lab stones, but I also won't pull the trigger on natural stones because the "exact same thing" is available for a fraction of the price. I'm not sure if this makes any sense.

This has made me turn to VCA more since there is actually a design element in their pieces. Some of the pave pieces in consideration are the VA pave earrings and pendant, the Frivole pave Pendant, the Onyx and WG Pave bracelet, but I'm just not sure how wearable these pieces are in my very casual life, or if I should keep focusing on staple pieces.

Hi SylviaF,

I I totally live in my Diamond studs…best money I ever spent and I’ve recently decided that I won’t be investing in anymore VCA earrings. I have one pair that I’ve never worn. I’m going to upgrade my studs again. Now my VCA pave bracelet pieces I absolutely love , however they absolutely need staple diamond pieces to make them shine. The pave pieces don’t provide enough bling for me. They are very metal heavy pieces and that doesn’t work for me. I don’t feel that the VCA pave pieces will satisfy your need to have your staple diamond pieces. The real vs lab is ongoing debate however for me I can’t spend money on something that potentially won’t hold value in 5 years. My studs can be traded up and I never lose money so for me it’s mined stones call the way. The coins for this next jump will be significant though so no VCA for the rest of the year.

Inventory in the boutique (NYC, 5th Ave) in July was better than in June. That's not saying a ton, still sparse. And still gobs on that dratted cannot-order list. But I'm hopeful things are improving?

Some (not all) of the Alhambra:

DISP_ALHAMBRA_1.jpeg

DISP_ALHAMBRA_2.jpeg

DISP_ALHAMBRA_3.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

Butterfly stock:

DISP_BUTTERFLIES_1.jpeg

DISP_BUTTERFLIES_2.jpeg

I tried the earrings on again and yup, definitely not for me, finally final. They're super cute and I wish they did work on me. But they don't. Left side is fine, right lobe looks like lightly trussed :silenced:

BUTTERFLY1 copy.jpg

BUTTERFLY2 copy.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Frivole cases were full!

DISP_FRIVOLE_1.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_2.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_3.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_4.jpeg

DISP_FRIVOLE_5.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

And Palmyre in pink sapphire - if I was going to Palmyre (which I'm not) I'd for sure Palmyre in pink sapphire :lol:

DISP_PALMYRE_1.jpeg

DISP_PALMYRE_2.jpeg

DISP_PALMYRE_3.jpeg

You ability to look spectacular in every earring you try on is amazing. As soon as I make decision not to get the butterflies I come here and you make me fall in love with them all over again. I think they look great on you.

Can I just say how much I love on Pricescope when someone says something is “not their thing” and then 5-10 years later… they are buying a very very nice version of said thing.

Join us on the dark side, Yssie! Watches are amazing! :D

Especially the VCA ones they are like works of art. They feel more like jewelry than a watch. A girl can dream

It was Lily who brought my attention to VCA. I've rewatched the show twice, with each one of my girls. There is one episode where she wears the MOP 2-motif earrings with her silk nightgown and robe, and I couldn't stop admiring how effortlessly elegant she looked.

The lighting at VCA makes it so hard to envision pieces in real life. I could see how it would be hard to sleep in the mini frivoles. The sit very upright on the earlobe and protrude quite a bit.

Thank you, @Rubies-R-Me!

Thank you, @LLJsmom . Building a collection can be such a trial and error process. I have been rather slow in starting mine and it still hasn't taken a well defined direction. There have been pieces that I loved and acquired but didn't quite work or I realized they weren't really my style as time went on. I know you have had your own trial and error moments yet you have curated a very cohesive, well thought-out collection that fits you to a "T". I appreciate the little tokens of wisdom you have shared with us along the way.

I am a huge VCA RG fan however I find that it looks better in stone and RG combos vs the all metal RG. Take your time and refine your wishlist. I find that the planning is half the fun of building your collection. I would recommend finding the one jewelry piece you adore from them and build from there. Also it helps to know if your looking to build and extensive collection in different metals and are you a “set” person. I need to own at least two coordinating pieces so that I can tie everything together. What’s on your current wishlist

Hi SylviaF,

I I totally live in my Diamond studs…best money I ever spent and I’ve recently decided that I won’t be investing in anymore VCA earrings. I have one pair that I’ve never worn. I’m going to upgrade my studs again. Now my VCA pave bracelet pieces I absolutely love , however they absolutely need staple diamond pieces to make them shine. The pave pieces don’t provide enough bling for me. They are very metal heavy pieces and that doesn’t work for me. I don’t feel that the VCA pave pieces will satisfy your need to have your staple diamond pieces. The real vs lab is ongoing debate however for me I can’t spend money on something that potentially won’t hold value in 5 years. My studs can be traded up and I never lose money so for me it’s mined stones call the way. The coins for this next jump will be significant though so no VCA for the rest of the year.
You have expressed some of my concerns exactly, Missie! In theory I want VCA earrings, in real life I'm not sure how much wear they will get. I love Frivole Pavé but the Small size doesn't sit right on my piercings and you can see the clip on my ear from the front. Any pavé earring of that size, (VA or Frivole), would likely not get worn much week to week. Diamond studs would get worn more frequently. I do have the Onyx VA earrings and matching bracelet, and I ordered a pair of diamond huggies that I'm waiting to receive. I'm curious to see how much they will get worn.

VCA pavé pieces are indeed very metal heavy. I love the way diamonds look in their white gold pavé pieces but I actually don't love the white metal edges against my skin. I adore the sweet pave studs for how tiny and delicate they are but when put them on I feel they look like gray dots on my earlobes. Diamond studs catch the light and have enough sparkle to actually pop against my skin and long hair. Hubby is against lab studs. He said the exact same thing, "how you can spend thousands on something that you don't know its value". And it's funny that I was considering lab stones, while I keep buying mined diamond pieces (huggies and a pendant recently) :lol:

I think with VCA, what I appreciate is their design and the meticulous nature of their pavé work, and what I truly want is something I can see while wearing. I don't have formal functions or dressy events to attend on a regular basis so I don't need pavé pieces. I would like a piece that brings me joy, to stare at as I go about my day. A bracelet would be more wearable than a pavé ring, I think. I favor soft bracelets as opposed to bangles; I'm not used to bangles yet and I have a bony wrist that rubs weird against them. The RG and Gray MOP bracelet is gorgeous but it blends onto my skin too much.

I would recommend finding the one jewelry piece you adore from them and build from there. What’s on your current wishlist
I didn't think I was a set person but I might be becoming one. I really liked wearing my VA Onyx earrings with the bracelet recently, but I don't need to have a set.

The top piece on my VCA wishlist is the Frivole Pavé pendant, (white gold pops more but it might be too dressy for me, and I don't love the white chain against my skin, RG is very pretty but now I'm worried it might blend too much). Next on the wishlist would be a pave piece I can see. I love the bangles but not sure I can get used to them.

The rest of the pieces on my wishlist are: upgrading my diamond pendant, studs, tennis bracelet (which I should have bought a looong time ago and just didn't), and I would love, love, love..... :lol: a riviere necklace. Which I'm not sure it would even get worn, but looks very much at home around my neck and hubby insists I can wear it with a white button-down and jeans. I also really love the Tiffany hardware bracelet.

I love seeing all the photos of bling! You have a dream collection and you wear your pieces with such confidence and panache! How soon are you planning to upgrade your studs and what size are you looking to go to?

I am really tempted to get the small Pave Frivole earrings in WG b4 the next price increase which can happen anytime from now.
I like its dimensional design, so feminine & pretty. I feel that they are fit for my son’s wedding in the near future, lol
(Finding excuses & justification), they truly make good presence on my small ears.
Should I?

The concern of Frivole clip visible from the front, I had a chance to try on one with post on higher position meaning the Frivole flower sits lower on my lobe & the clip is no longer so visible.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP