shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 6.5 finger-Is a 1.5ct REALLY visually larger than 2.20ct?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, so I upgraded my 7.45mm ctr to a 8.45mm center and resetting my 5 stone.

But when saw the two together the 8.45mm looked around the same size. I thought going just above two carat would be sizeable on my finger but now I'm not so sure.

Can anyone share there experience/expertise on the matter? Is it because of my larger finer size that the difference isn't really visible?

Attachments

• 20241001_112415.jpg
    20241001_112415.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20241001_112627.jpg
    20241001_112627.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 69
It looks bigger to me! The smaller stone has the bezel around it which is why I think it might look similar in size. Are you still going to bezel with the reset?

Hey, no bezel this time, working with DK on trellis.

Oh, it looks larger to me! Funny when we upgrade carat weight we expect a much larger diamond. Truth is that the weight is spread all throughout the diamond and not just visible in the diameter. Still, 7.45 to 8.45 is a good size increase and I think you'll appreciate it more when the setting is complete.

Oh, it looks larger to me! Funny when we upgrade carat weight we expect a much larger diamond. Truth is that the weight is spread all throughout the diamond and not just visible in the diameter. Still, 7.45 to 8.45 is a good size increase and I think you'll appreciate it more when the setting is complete.

Yeah, in my head 8.45mm was expecting a Mountainous difference. I even did the diamond on finger app thing. Thought to myself nearly 30% visual difference seemed NICE. But then I saw it in person. Lol

Screenshot_20241002_091713_Chrome.jpg

@ZestfullyBling maybe buy these calipers for $7.99?

IMG_8048.jpeg

Visually, I think the new stone will look similar to your current stone without a bezel.

Hey @lulu_ma yeah, when i saw it on my hand i thought the same that maybe the 2.2 it the size of my 1.52 w/bezel. If I had the calipers I could have confirm my hypothesis!

Shipped it to DK for setting yesterday though.

Oh well I Will it set soon so will judge it again then...lol

It looks bigger to me but yeah, it’s the bezel playing tricks!

1mm is large in diamond land but still an objectively small increment!

agree. part of the "size" you are seeing is the bezel.

Hey @lulu_ma yeah, when i saw it on my hand i thought the same that maybe the 2.2 it the size of my 1.52 w/bezel. If I had the calipers I could have confirm my hypothesis!

Shipped it to DK for setting yesterday though.

Oh well I Will it set soon so will judge it again then...lol

Is it too late to buy an even bigger stone? :bigsmile:

It looks larger to me. And I think you will be able to see it in the new setting as well, because now the visual outline of the metal bezel will be instead filled with diamond faceting/sparkle. Are you going with a 4 prong or 6 prong trellis? Six prongs might give you back some additional visual size on top of the already larger diamond (my 2 cents.)

It looks bigger to me but yeah, it’s the bezel playing tricks!

1mm is large in diamond land but still an objectively small increment!

@Dreamer_D My eyes are definitely playing tricks on me!!! Quiet as it's kept wish eyes saw a 9mm diamond!!!

agree. part of the "size" you are seeing is the bezel.

Thanks, cause I need the reassurance...get so insecure with diamond purchases...like everytime is like the 1st time....lol

Is it too late to buy an even bigger stone? :bigsmile:

Yes!! I did see a 8.8mm round inhad my eyes on but was SI1 with clouds thank faced up tad hazy. So secured this one.

A trellis setting will be beautiful!
The new bigger stone will look noticeably larger in relation to the other stones in the setting, star of the show! The new ring may not appear as large overall due to all the diamonds in large faux bezels and you are used to seeing that boost in appearance. A trellis though will give a boost in height. Can’t wait to see it finished!

A trellis setting will be beautiful!
The new bigger stone will look noticeably larger in relation to the other stones in the setting, star of the show! The new ring may not appear as large overall due to all the diamonds in large faux bezels and you are used to seeing that boost in appearance. A trellis though will give a boost in height. Can’t wait to see it finished!

Going with 6 prong

DK 106769-QUAD-9.jpg

Going with 6 prong

DK 106769-QUAD-9.jpg

Beautiful Zestfullybling!! Lovely proportions and the engraving will be a gorgeous addition. Love the 6 prong center.

Edit to add,
I went back to the thread on your current 5 stone. I didn’t realize it also is a trellis, albeit lower. It’s been an interesting and evolving journey you’ve had and everything has been gorgeous! :kiss2:

Last edited:
It looks larger to me. And I think you will be able to see it in the new setting as well, because now the visual outline of the metal bezel will be instead filled with diamond faceting/sparkle. Are you going with a 4 prong or 6 prong trellis? Six prongs might give you back some additional visual size on top of the already larger diamond (my 2 cents.)

Glad im going with 6 prong then cause need all the visual largeness I can see. Lol

Beautiful Zestfullybling!! Lovely proportions and the engraving will be a gorgeous addition. Love the 6 prong center.

Edit to add,
I went back to the thread on your current 5 stone. I didn’t realize it also is a trellis, albeit lower. It’s been an interesting and evolving journey you’ve had and everything has been gorgeous! :kiss2:

Thx @Bonfire been on prowl for upgraded ctr for anniversary this year, finally found a winner!!
I compared the bezel 5 stone to the trellis reset, ctr bezel was set really low, under 5mm from finger. Trellis ctr is 7mm off finger...so definitely shoupd be a difference face up visually.

I went from a 2.19 to a 2.53. Only a .34 difference but I could definitely see a size increase with that. How long the size increase persists to your eyes - well, that is a different animal! I do think you will see a noticeable difference and the prong set will be different as well. I am excited to see it set!

Wow! This is going to be some ring!

It’s the bezel. Here’s an amateur guess at what the difference would look like if both stones were set the same.

3C764D2F-4151-4377-8E76-16E969CCFCF0.jpeg

As someone with a size 6.5 ring finger, I am positive your bigger stone will be fantastically ginormous.

It’s the bezel. Here’s an amateur guess at what the difference would look like if both stones were set the same.

3C764D2F-4151-4377-8E76-16E969CCFCF0.jpeg

As someone with a size 6.5 ring finger, I am positive your bigger stone will be fantastically ginormous.

Wow @oncrutchesrightnow ! I can definitely see the difference in the illustration u provided...
This is totally building my anticipation! To see this ring!!

Oh h*ll yeah

Absolutely beautiful setting!
You could also sit the center stone just a little higher - I always think higher set stones look larger?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP